PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on here...

Genny
February 20th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Its February and I'm in Iowa and today my husband and I raked and cleaned the yard. It was sunny and about 50 degrees. What the heck is going on here? Anyone thats lived in Iowa knows that this is not normal weather. DH says that since I , in his words, BULLIED him into helping me clean the yard, that when it snows, probably next week, that it'll be my fault. He said that the neighbors would probably throw snow balls at me...lol...

Frankly, I LOVE THIS WEATHER!

CrazyMtnLady
February 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM
This really has been a crazy winter. But I am loving it. We have only had one measurable snow at our place. And by the middle of the week it is suppose to be above 60*. Love it!!!!

Tamara J Liddell
February 20th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I'm in Central Texas and by Valentines day we have had one ice storm or a snow storm.. We didn't get either one this year. I giggle each time we do as it shuts the place down.. for at least a day.. I grew up in Colorado. ;-)

But we have had a lot of rain, which we desperately needed to replenish our lakes and rivers.. After the horrendous drought we had last year.. :(

aliaslaceygreen
February 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM
We got our first snow of the season last night...looks like about 4 inches. It's going to be over 50 today, so it will all be slush soon...

Monique
February 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Strange weather all over the place. I know spring is coming!!

Beakkmom
February 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Genny, I'm in Iowa too, and would have to agree with you about the unusual weather. The sunshine was streaming in our living room windows yesterday, so I grabbed a quilt, laid down on the sofa and took a nap. I NEVER take naps, but it seemed to be the thing to do...what a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Lin

Alana
February 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
It is scary though no matter how nice it may seem now. No snow or rain means low water levels which means drought in a lot of places. But then you look at places in other countries like in Europe and even Japan and they have been blasted with unusual amounts of snow which means spring flooding......

lilmouse
February 20th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Saw a picture of Romania with 15 feet of snow....you know there is going to be flooding there...