PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!

Monique
October 7th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy turkey day to those having turkey. Ashley was making ham instead of turkey. I will be making buns this morning to take with us along with some sauerkraut, chokecherry jelly, and some strawberry freezer jam too. I am looking forward to seeing everyone as Ashley's family will also be there. So there will no sewing today either.

I didn't do much in the way of sewing yesterday. Lynda came over as I had bought some zippers she needed. She needed some fabric for a bag she is making so she shopped at my house, LOL!!

Well I am off to make buns.

Have a wonderful day friends.

KPH
October 7th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our northern fends.

I have no idea what's going on today, who's picking me up for church or when. I'm trying my best not to be pissed, but it isn't working to well. I think I have my feelings on my sleeves as tomorrow is Howard's birthday, not that we did any real celebrating of it but he's been playing on my mind a lot these last few days.

I finished up the body of the 9 patch- hour glass yesterday. It almost fits the top of my queen sized bed (waterbed). I need to cut some snow for the inner border, and line up the hour glasses like I want them for the middle border. I bought the border fabric for the outer border, so it should have enough drape to cover the frame of the waterbed when I'm done.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

baslp
October 7th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Good morning. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. It is another grey day here. It will be a quiet day around here. I am almost finished putting the rows together on my quilt. I should also catch up on the laundry.

Katrina—-I recently heard some facts about the waterbed. It was developed for a thesis project in 1967. ( hopefully got the year right). They are also trying to bring back this type of bed/with some improvements.

Have a good day
Beth

JCY
October 7th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's a chilly 42 deg. It has snowed in the mts. at the upper elevations. One more last run of the sprinkler system today, then it gets blown out tomorrow.

It was a busy day yest. I had to be at the church to practice with the soloist at 10:15. The memorial service began at 11:00; people were slow coming, so I didn't begin playing the prelude till 15 min. prior. There was a reception with light lunch afterwards. By the time I got home, I had only about 20 min. before time to go over to the other memorial get together for my other friend. It was at the American Legion. I didn't know a single person there until some of my nurse friends from the hospital came. I stayed about an hour there, then had to get home. I was too tired to do any sewing or much of anything else for the rest of the day.

This a.m. will be church. I need to make a stop at the groc. store on the way home for a few things.

Mimi_Howard
October 7th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning all.

Katrina... In our family birthdays are like personal holidays so I struggle with emotions on birthdays of loved one I have lost. It has been years since I lost my husband of 25 years, but he was a twin and so can't totally get thru the day in silence. I know it is even harder on my SIL (she is the twin).

We used to have one of those original water beds, one big ole bag of sloshing water. Loved it.... except for when I was near the end of pregnancy, harder than heck to get out of that thing. BUT I did learn that if at bedtime if I tucked a bottle between the frame and bag, the baby bottle would be perfectly warm come 2 am feedings! Then we went to a multiple tube bed and loved it even more. Made up just like a regular bed. Not sure why we eventually went to a regular bed, it has been so many years now.

Bubby
October 7th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Wishing all of our Canadian friends Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today is my last day to visit with Cathy and Barry...having a great time but the time is flying by. They have to leave tomorrow to visit with Cathy's sister on their way back home. Cathy is like my long lost sister and we have a LOT of catching up to do...lol!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

grammaterry
October 7th, 2018, 09:42 AM
My Viking is having some problems AGAIN!! I think its electronic. It acts like a short but it comes and goes. I texted the owner of the shop and she is checking with the repair person to see when I could come. Its almost 300 miles.
The cutting of the double wedding ring is coming along. I've cut about 1800 of the pieces. I think only about 600 more. My hands got tired yesterday with the scissors. Thank goodness I have Kai scissors, they are so wonderful.
DH went to the gun show yesterday and today. He had a great time. Bought, sold and traded. He came home so happy. That made me happy.

Claire Hallman
October 7th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors, hope tomorrow is great.
We need to pack for a trip today, it is hot here but will be actual fall where we are going. I had a try on extravaganza in my closet yesterday and discovered I needed some brown or tan pants. I went shopping at the local mall and hit the jackpot. Now to put it in a suitcase that I can actually carry.:icon_heh:
I hope to find a few quilt shops on our route to the upper western area of Michigan. Any ideas of must see shops?

Cathy F
October 7th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends!

We are so enjoying our visit with Barb and Jeff! There is not a quiet moment between Barb and myself! Yesterday We went to Bab's quilt shop and we had fun buying more fabric, we've also been in her sewing room having fun, she has a great room to play in!

Last night we all went to dinner and got caught in a thunderstorm, what an adventure we were all soaked but laughing at how we looked.

The only downside of this adventure we've been on is it was too short and tomorrow we leave. We will make the most of today!

Wishing everyone a good day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 7th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Good morning ladies,

Thank you for all your good wishes for Thanksgiving. Monique. Enjoy your day with family. Last night we had our family dinner. We schedule it around everyone availability. There was plenty of food - turkey, ham, veggies, salads and desserts. It was busy mayhem with the kids and grandkids. My oldest son and Michael's youngest son couldn't make it. They will come on Monday. There are some leftovers. The rule here is that whoever comes for a meal, brings back leftover containers for another meal.

Have you ever tried to nail jello to the wall. Well, we sort of got a picture of kids w/grandkids. Michael also insisted that my GF Pat come for dinner. She is a buffer for the craziness. It is almost the 1st anniversary of her mom's passing, so this is difficult for her. Here she is holding our newest GS Michael. Coincidence, they both had lime tops with blue stripe. She was thrilled that I incorporated her Bali fabric in my Fall cushions.

155434. 155435

Pat & I will be having brunch with my mom today. Michael is too worn out from yesterday. I might try to get some yardwork done today as there is lots to do, and rain is forecast this week.

Katrina - I know it's not easy, but you will need to talk to the boys about your schedule, and time commitments. I could not live with so much last minute requests. You are patient. I would have blown a fuse a long time ago.

Barb & Cathy - so happy that you got to meet and spend time together. Quilting sisters are the best.
Joy - two functions in one day, and you were exhausted. I am not surprised. These can be emotionally draining.
Claire - you remind that I need to shop for dress pants. All my good/work clothes are 2 sizes too big, and too much work to take in. Since I retired, I have a very healthy stash of jeans, in every colour and weight but not always appropriate.

Have a good day, and to those who have not celebrated yet, Happy Thanksgiving. Have a good day.

Ginny B
October 7th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Good morning all. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

We are back from our week in Colorado. The wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun and we had a nice visit with my brother and sis in law. The weather was warm, chilly, foggy and even a bit hot one day. So many temperature changes in 7 days. We saw some amazing mountains while we were there....... Red Rocks, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak. We went to a cute little town named Golden and also went down to Boulder. Yes, I did visit a couple of quilt stores too. Holly's Quilt Cabin (I think that was in Centennial) and also one in Golden (the name of that one escapes me right now). My sister in law also took us to a shop that just sells finished quilts. I got a lot of inspiration and a new purse there. We were supposed to get home on Wednesday evening but some issues caused our flight to be cancelled so we wound up spending 12 hours waiting at the airport until they could get us home. We arrived in NY early Thursday morning. Since then we have been pretty busy with getting dh's car fixed (issues with the key not coming out of the ignition), our new furniture was delivered and lots of catching up with errands, etc. Today dh will do the grocery shopping. We did the farm run and the butcher yesterday. This will be the first day I will be doing any cooking since the week we left. I will also get my fall decor out. Of course, there is a lot of baseball to watch since both hubbies favorite team (Dodgers) and mine (Yankees) are in the playoffs. The other night our games overlapped so there was a lot of switching channels.

We got a pleasant surprise in our emails . Jet Blue has given us each a credit that will cover a flight within the next year to apologize for our inconvenience . Woo hoo!

Time to get move on. Have a wonderful day everyone. I have a lot of reading to do to try and catch up with what everyone has been up to here in the forum.

KPH
October 7th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Well, faint and fall in it. lol, Mom always said that. Jim actually made a commitment to half week schedule for this week. Mon. and Tues. he'll bring the little ones around 7, Wed. he'll bring J. Now Thurs, I don't know about. So maybe, We'll find out tomorrow when they come to dinner.

jjkaiser
October 7th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada. That holiday is right around the corner for us in the states. It is cold and rainy and gloomy here in the midwest. Haven't turned the heat on yet but I am definitely wearing a sweater every day. We had one day of Indian Summer with temps in the 80's. It felt so wonderful but was a shock the next day high was around 42. Ooh I felt so cheated. Yesterday I went to my sisters and we watched the Miss America Pageant that she DVR'd. I did not like the new pageant at all and I thought most of the evening gowns were pretty ugly or am I just getting old. That was always my favorite part! We had a good time making fun of every aspect and ripping on the contestants. What was with the false eyelashes on every girl? They looked SO fake! And no There She Is Miss America theme song at the end? The crowning music was awful! My dh is off with friends today watching football then baseball. Our local team, Milwaukee Brewers, are in the playoffs so there is a lot of excitement about that wherever you go, and almost everyone is wearing team t-shirts. Somebody is making lots of money from sales of team apparel that's for sure! Today I am busy in the kitchen cooking up the last of garden veggies. A dbl batch of zucchini bread, and I am trying to make some soup with the last of our delicata squash. Made some 2 weeks ago and it was alright, a little bland I thought, so I will try to tinker with the recipe. Once I finally get done in the kitchen I will get to sew. If I have any energy left! It is already 1:30 so I better get moving.