PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday my friends.

Monique
October 6th, 2018, 08:08 AM
It is another work day but only until noon and then I have nothing scheduled for the next while. WOOHOO time for me and to get working on projects I need to get done.

I finished quilting the baby quilt, need to cut off excess and get the binding on. Shower is next weekend so I have plenty of time to get that done.

Wishing you all a great Saturday no matter what you do

and

SMILE!!!!!!

Carol336
October 6th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow. How wonderful to have a me day - or half a day - whatever the case may be. Have a wonderful time Monique.

No a me day here today. 1 year old grandson is getting dropped off here by his Dad this morning. Its just for a couple of hours....but DH and I will be worn out by the time his Momma comes to pick him up. He is mucho active - walking all over the place and gets into everything .... but he's exactly like his Daddy was at that age. I so get what my Grandmom used to say " I LOVE to see them come and I LOVE to see them go" LOL.

Then after a loooong nap I have my 55 year High School Reunion tonight. I'm sure I'll recognize everyone - after all I still look the same right????

Sew no sewing for this gal today...oh poo.

Have a lovely day everyone.

baslp
October 6th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Good morning. It is another cloudy day here. Yesterday just flew by. We had a plumber come and then had to wait on the hearing/cooling guy. I think that the dogs were also exhausted from all the activity.
Not much happening today. Hope to sew the last few rows of this quilt.
Carol— have fun at your high school reunion.

Have a good day.
Beth

Bubby
October 6th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Morning Everyone....Cathy F and her Hubby Barry got here yesterday afternoon and we've had a great time visiting. Cathy and I are so much alike it's almost scary! Barry is a really nice, sweet man....he and Jeff are planning a little side trip for today while Cathy and I do girl stuff! Dottie is doing fine with our friends and the pups are as wild as ever. Fortunately Cathy and Barry are good with animals.

That's all my news....Have a great time at your reunion this evening Carol. Monique, enjoy your afternoon off. How is Bonnie doing?

Hugs....Barb

Carol336
October 6th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Morning Everyone....Cathy F and her Hubby Barry got here yesterday afternoon and we've had a great time visiting. Cathy and I are so much alike it's almost scary! Barry is a really nice, sweet man....he and Jeff are planning a little side trip for today while Cathy and I do girl stuff! Dottie is doing fine with our friends and the pups are as wild as ever. Fortunately Cathy and Barry are good with animals.

That's all my news....Have a great time at your reunion this evening Carol. Monique, enjoy your afternoon off. How is Bonnie doing?

Hugs....Barb
Sounds like you're having a blast Barb....please post some pics

JCY
October 6th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had rain yest. eve. The radio this a.m. said parts of Denver got 1/2" of snow & it's only 34 deg. It's 44 here. But it's not going to be very warm today, maybe only in the 50's.

A busy day ahead for me with playing the organ for the memorial service this a.m. I have to go early to practice with the soloist & play the prelude. I some eulogy comments prepared. Then the other memorial get together in the afternoon. I won't stay long there. DH will be getting nervous about my getting home before he takes his shower. Also, this a.m. is his medical procedure; he's always weaker on these days. He really doesn't like me to go places on these days, but it can't be helped today.

The only sewing I did yest. was to prepare a sample sandwich of all the fabrics in my latest quilt. It's pin basted, by I still need to mach. baste the perimeter.

My blood sugar was higher than usual this a.m., so I'm drinking some decaf green tea. That helps bring it down. If that doesn't help enough, I can take an Echinacea cap. That also has a side effect of lowering blood sugar. I should be walking every day, but I just haven't been doing it.

Time to get on with my day.

Cathy F
October 6th, 2018, 09:20 AM

Hugs....Barb

Barb beat me to the forum this morning! Yup, we are so much alike I think we were separated at birth, she has now become my official sister!
Oh my gosh, I just love Dottie and the girls! Pictures will follow soon!

Cathy F
October 6th, 2018, 09:22 AM

Hugs....Barb

Barb beat me to the forum this morning! Yup, we are so much alike I think we were separated at birth, she has now become my official sister!
Oh my gosh, I just love Dottie and the girls! Pictures will follow soon!
It's like the four of us were all old friends before we even m!et

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 6th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Good morning ladies.
It's coolish and it will rain this afternoon. Oh poo! We were hoping to let the grandkids play in the yard. That won't happen.

I am almost ready for our Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey is cooked and sliced. Stuffing and cranberry sauce are made. I baked an apple pie and small crumbler for last night's dinner. I cheated and bought pumpkin pie and profiteroles. I made a brocoli and raisin salad, a tomato artichoke and olive salad. I cooked 10lbs of beets. Some I froze, the rest is for dinner, some will be warmed up and the rest as a salad with red onion and parsley. This morning I will cut up the patatoes, sweet patatoes, carrots, make gravy. DH will cook his famous ham. We can't have a family meal without it. I started to write down my menu as I had been known to forget things after my serious concussions, but I have kept it up. I also put the date on it and save with my cookbook. That way I know what I served, and change up items for next gatherings, noting favorites. I hope that my son can make it. He is exhausted. He has completed 3 weeks of parliamentary police training, but has kept his other job for weekends only for the first month. He's worked 19 days in a row. Yesterday, they had been advised they would be pepper sprayed. He sent a picture. He looked awful and was in pain. I hope this does not damage his skin. I pray that the remaining months will be kinder to his body and mind.

Thursday I finished the Fall cushion covers rom a panel. The back was fabric my girlfriend gave me from a trip to Bali. She will be surprised when she sees these.

155424. 155425 155426

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

KPH
October 6th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Good Morning All,

I was rudely awakened by the phone this morning. Tsk tsk, Naturally, it was something that should have been set up yesterday. The younger two will be here shortly for a bit.

I need coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee before they arrive.

Planning to work on my Christmas quilt after they leave. I'll need to find border materials for it. Maybe that will get done today.

Have a great weekend! Sounds like everybody has wonderful plans and I hope they all turn out wonderfully!

Prayers for those in need and thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JulieC
October 6th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a warm one here today -- 84 degrees with rain this afternoon. We're going to be in the 80's until Thursday. I may have to turn the air conditioner back on! The average high this time of year is in the mid-60's.

I still haven't received a response from Home Instead about Mom's caregiver working extra hours on the 18th. I talked to someone several times on Thursday, she was looking into it for me, but does not have an answer yet. Mom's caregiver had all of her wisdom teeth removed earlier in the week. She didn't work Thursday, I'll be surprised if she works on Monday. I didn't ask my boss for the time off because I wanted to make sure someone could watch Mom first...Now if she can't do it I will be hard pressed to find help. It looks like I'm going to have to choose a different day.

I'm planning on spending a little time in the sewing room today. I bought the October A-Door-naments kit from Shabby Fabrics, it should be a quick project. Everything is pre-fused and laser cut; it even includes the backing and batting. https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/A-door-naments-Kit-Jack-O-Lanterns-October-Laser-Cut--P66764.aspx?categoryid=4392 I don't know why I'm so focused on Halloween this year, maybe I'm felling nostalgic. Halloween was my favorite holiday when I was a kid.

Speaking of holidays...to all of our Canadian friends, have a Happy Thanksgiving on Monday!

Cokie
October 6th, 2018, 01:30 PM
DH and I are headed out of town in a little bit for an anniversary celebration. Our anniversary is next week and we're going away for a couple of days - he won't tell me where but said to make a list of some quilt shops in Amish country, "just in case." The destination is a mystery but I know it's not too far because we still have to be within a couple of hours to Cleveland Clinic. I've planned a couple of stops - if we don't make them today, we'll hit them on Monday on the way home. DS is going to cat-sit for us. Barb, hope you and Cathy have an wonderful visit. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Happy weekend everyone.

KarenC
October 6th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Good afternoon. Had my Baptism preparation class this morning, to be godparent to my new great nephew. It was a good refresher course since I hadn't had it in over 30 years. Sun is out and it is hot outside. Will try to go to a local church festival later this afternoon. That's about it for today. Have a great one, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends.