PDA

View Full Version : Friday at last

Monique
October 5th, 2018, 07:00 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends here.

Happy Friday to you all.

Well I can't say I am not happy it is Friday. It has been a good week for quilting, uh I mean work. It has been a very quiet week to say the least. I am just about finished the baby quilt I am working on. I do work tomorrow until noon at another post office. Sunday will be spent with my family and Ashley's as well. I am making the buns.

There is not much else happening here.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Carol336
October 5th, 2018, 07:32 AM
Good Friday morning Monique and all who follow. Haven't been outside and it's still dark, so not sure what the weather is like yet. I'll know soon though as I have to go for blood work for my upcooming surgery...ugh. I really really need my coffee this am, but I guess it'll just have to wait till I get back from the lab.

I worked on piecing several cute little christmas tree blocks yesterday - I'll try to post a pic later. They in no way came out to the size stated in the pattern (a free pattern)....but they're still cute. I think the pattern said they would be 8 1/2 by 81/2, but they are more like 8 x 7 1/2. Knowing my brain, I probably cut something wrong - LOL The pattern was just for the block, so now I don't know what the heck I'm going to make out of them. I have about 9 of them. Once I got them cut out and struggled with the first block....I couldn't stop until I had made a batch of them - they are really cute. And that is so not the way I usually sew - I always have a project that goes from start to finish...never just randomly sew blocks with no purpose in mind. But heck - it was really fun once I got going....might just have to do more of that kind of sewing....or not!!!! I thing with all the health issues going on with DH and myself - I just needed a little madness - felt good!!!!

Well I better get rolling - Have a great day everyone.

Navy Wife
October 5th, 2018, 08:12 AM
I'm up before the sun this morning. That's the only time it's cool enough to stick my head outdoors!

DH and DDIL are doing a craft show today and tomorrow, so I'm up early to help them set up. Then I'll come back and try to get his place organized. I didn't have time yesterday after the kitchen cabinets came out. I had an appointment with a doctor, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted. Next week I have to go back for more tests. Nothing serious.

Today is my birthday. I've been around 81 years. Hard to believe! The boys are taking us out for dinner after the craft show.

DH is ready to leave, so I'll be off. Have a great day, and Happy Thanksgiving to all those "up north".

Linda

Anitamae56
October 5th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Happy Birthday, Linda!

KarenC
October 5th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada. Hope you are able to enjoy time with your families.
Happy Birthday Linda. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
Lots of errands on my schedule today, thus the early start for me. Supposed to be a rainy weekend,so need to try to mow this morning. It's been a long time since we've had a day with no rain. Yesterday was a day of babysitting.
Prayers of thanks for all our blessings and prayers for those in need.

KPH
October 5th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday after Snyder Man left, and my check book was a lot flatter, I broke down and went to the grocery store. I haven't restocked in quite a while, so my wallet is even flatter. We picked up the painting from Michael's, that was already paid for so that didn't hurt as bad, but the lady that's been doing our framing there is leaving to go to a floral place in Bay Meadows. Mike and I are both sad about that.

Right now, my sewing room is where I'm going to spend my time today. At least it won't cost me an arm and three legs to be in there! I still have the last 6 rows of the Christmas quilt to finish and then I'll have to figure out the borders. I know I want to use those hour glass blocks some how in it.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends to the North! Enjoy time with your family and friends.

grammaterry
October 5th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Happy birthday. Hope its great.
Went into town yesterday with mil. Had a frustrating start. Lost my Credit card after the first stop. Had it in my hand when I opened my truck door and then...poof...it was gone. I think I dropped it when I put my package in the back seat. Stopped five min. later to get gas and no card. Went back to the first parking place and not there. Asked inside , no one turned it in. So I called and had them cancel it. I was frustrated all day because I can't believe I was so irresponsible.
Ran the rest of my errands and did some clothing shopping. Bought 3 shirts and 3 pairs of capris, had lunch and picked up some auto parts for DH. When I got home it was almost dark and DH had the truck taken apart for brake repair and insisted on doing it in the dark. He was so grouchy and I thought it was because I didn't come home with his part in the afternoon. I didn't know h wanted to do it yesterday. Not a good end to a not very good day.
Maybe toay will be better

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 5th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Good morning ladies,

The sun is shining and its coolish, and I love this weather. Some of our trees are turning colours. In a few weeks, we will be racking up the leaves.

Yesterday, I got lots done and started preparations for Thanksgiving meal. Today I will cook and carve the turkey, prep the veggies, make stuffing and gravy, and make brocoli salad, cook beets for salad. DH will cook the ham tomorrow. Desserts today also.

I did finish the fall cushion covers. Panel by Julie Patchesis Fall - Four Seasons by In the Beginning. I have spring ones and wanted to make fall ones also. The back is a beautiful piece of Bali cotton that my GF brought back from a trip years ago. She doesn't sew, so she gave it to me. I think it is perfect.

155403. 155404

Last night, we went to the Celebration of Life for a racing colleague. It was heartwarming but sad. There were messages from across the country and video from France, where he presided as a Race Official. We have not been to the club this summer, and it was good to catch up wih friends. Surprising, how some people have really aged over the year. I guess many who had health issues in the past few years are getting more frail.

Gotta kick butt (out of this comfy chair) and get the day going. Have a good day.

Claire Hallman
October 5th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and happy birthday!
It is beginning to cool off a bit in the mornings around here but still climbing into the 90s during the day, at least the humidity has declined a little. We are going north to Michigan soon and expect to need some sweats and flannels there, hooray!
I tidied up a few niggling projects yesterday, a couple of mending things done and then fmq on my new juki, it was wonderful to work for about two hours and not have a stiff neck and shoulders. Love it.
I hope JCY gets some relief, I know about degenerative disc disease, mine is lower on my spine and mostly I keep it at bay with exercise. I try to keep my core muscles strong which helps greatly with that and the arthritis, too.

Carol336
October 5th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Here are my cute little trees from yesterday.

Navy Wife
October 5th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the good wishes. I think fall may be coming to Tennessee. On the way to the craft show, I saw a flock of wild turkeys in someone's yard. I haven't seen turkeys since last fall!

MissMay
October 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM
155409Some pretty Fall flowers to celebrate Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

New furniture arrived and I've been busy rearranging the living room and family room and downsizing furniture and other items, will donate them to our church's thrift shop. Where did all this stuff come from?

JCY
October 5th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. Happy Birthday to Linda. You have a few years on me; I'm 76.

We have sunshine & blue sky this a.m. & only 43 deg. Yest. was a mix of sun & a thunderstorm in the p.m. I saw a bright flash of lightning out the kitchen window while I was talking on the phone & an immed. clap of thunder. The storm moved on quickly & the sun came back out. Another chance of a shower this afternoon. I checked the forecast; several lows in the 30's are predicted. It's getting to be that time of year. Our furnace is on.

I finally made it to the sewing room yest. I spray starched & pressed the top & back of the Baby Bargello quilt & got it sandwiched & pin basted. I still have to mach. baste the perimeter before I can begin quilting it. I also cut batting for several quilts. I made a list of the measurements of several finished tops that are waiting to be quilted. It felt good to get something accomplished.

The neurosurgeon's office e-m'd me all the new patient paper work, which I've printed off & will have to fill out. The hosp. called & said my MRI CD & report are ready for pick-up. No charge. I'm not in pain, but my neck feels sort of stiff & my shoulder muscles ache. What bothers me the most is the tingling & partial numbness in my L. hand. My grip is weaker; I have to be careful not to drop things.

Today I need to run through my funeral music & get it organized. I'm playing the organ for my friend Martha's memorial service tomorrow a.m. If they have an open mic for people to share, I also want to have my thoughts collected about what I want to share.

I watched Jenny's tutorial this a.m. Not sure what I think of this one. Not really keen on those big spools of thread in the center of the blocks. There are so many others on my bucket list that will take precedence.

Bubby
October 5th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone...Today is the day Cathy F and I get to meet. I never thought this was possible for us, but it's happening. Jeff worked a hard double shift last night but he's off today so he can meet our friends, too. Can't wait!

Suzanne, love your pillows...gorgeous! Which reminds me, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends!!

I love the new tutorial but haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet. I have some Civil War repro fabrics that would look great.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs........

chelea
October 5th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Everyone is so busy! It's a beautiful sunny day here, about 60, going down to 44 tonight. That means the furnace will go on, which always makes hubs grouchy. He's always warm and I'm always so cold.
Today I have the happy task (not) of taking our 18 year old fluff-bomb of a cat to the vet for her annual check up. That means lots of $$$.

Tomorrow we're going to an art festival that has a bit of everything: original artwork, high-end crafts, antiques, food, music. I will be on the lookout for quilts of course. We'll finish the day with some apple picking.

Happy Thanksgiving all of you in Canada!