PDA

View Full Version : Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Monique
October 1st, 2018, 08:06 AM
And the start of a work week for me. I have a baby quilt and backing picked out, need to find batting and I will take that with me to work today. I need it for the 13th.

I had a very busy weekend. Phil and Maizyn came home for Oktoberfest. I so enjoyed my time with my girl. We locked poor Philip out on Saturday night so he called us at 1:30am. He didn't want to knock on the door to wake us up!! Yes, but you called us at 1:30 and woke us up, right? KIDS!!!!!

I purchased 12 containers of sauerkraut, got 2 delivered, Phil took one home, 2 in fridge waiting delivery and the rest for us. We ate one whole container yesterday. Phil and Maizyn left after the parade, she went home with a bag full of candy and she got a free ice cream cone from the store. They always do this at Oktoberfest to get rid of their ice cream. I was so tired but I managed a load of wash, got a stew into the oven, made a sauerkraut run, found backing for the quilt so it could go in the wash and then I had a nap. After supper I put away 3 laundry baskets full of clothes away. No wonder I am so tired.

Thankfully I don't have to take Les to work this morning and Doug our friend has offered to do that, BUT I do have to pick him up tonight and then come back to vote. It is our Provincial Elections today. Tomorrow after work I have a Lionettes meeting. Busy busy busy. This coming weekend is our Thanksgiving. We were invited to Greg and Ashley's for dinner on Sunday. I will be making buns. Whew!!!

Well I need to get ready, have a wonderful day my friends. Stay warm or cool, depending on where you are, haha.

baslp
October 1st, 2018, 08:17 AM
Good morning. We are suppose to have a nice day here again. I am trying to get outside more. This morning I go to work out. After that I hope to get my quilt sewen together. I am ready to move on to a new one.
Have a good day.

Carol336
October 1st, 2018, 08:24 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow. Sunny morning here in my neck of MD. I'm off to Annapolis with DH this morning. He's scheduled for an MRI at 930. He's been having some headaches that they can't seem to find a reason for. Between all my heart problems and now his headaches, which are severe at times, we're like the walking wounded. It's hard for me to believe we were dancing the nights away just a few short months ago. Praying for things to turn around for us.

On a happier note - I've been working on some stuff for a couple of craft shows I'm signed up for in late November and early December. I have quite a lot of inventory from a few shows I did last year - so I'm trying to fill in with christmasy stuff. So far I've made several quilted Christmas stockings - got 2 more of those to finish up and then I'm moving on to something else - not sure yet what - but I'm open to any and all suggestions on good sellers.

Also want to throw in a couple of totes - they always sell.

Have a great day everyone.

edited to say - I'm missing Blondie. I remember she used to always post links to unique Christmas stocking things to make around this time of year. And I also miss her "SMILES" - sure could use one of those right now!!!!

KPH
October 1st, 2018, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, you certainly did have a busy weekend! It sounds like a lot of fun, too!

Basip, aren't the cooler mornings better for working out.

Yesterday, was 5th Sunday with a covered dish for lunch. I fixed a Strawberry Trifle and didn't bring a bite back home. I'll have to remember that, for later! Who knew a store bought angel food cake, strawberries and whipped cream would be such a hit!

I didn't even go into the sewing room yesterday. I looked at backing fabrics for the Christmas quilt. Since the little kids won't be here today, I'm hoping to finish the last of the 9 patch blocks today before I start dinner for the family.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
October 1st, 2018, 09:09 AM
Morning Everyone...Another Monday and Jeff is back to work. We had a slow weekend...the weather was beautiful.

I'm doing basic household chores this morning and have to run to the bank later. So far the Girls are being quiet. We gave them a talking to about their behavior while Aunt Cathy is here. They are almost 8 months old...hard to believe. They still never stop for a second....always getting into things and ruffling Dottie's feathers. Dottie chased Sugar down yesterday and gave her a lesson in manners. Sugar adores Dottie to the moon and back but Dottie prefers Maggie. I feel sorry for Sugar....she tries with everything in her power to make Dottie love her...she even gives Dottie her treats and toys and kisses her face.

I love the DD today....tempted to make a Keyhole quilt but I have SO many UFOs already.

Time for me to get moving. I hope everyone has a great Monday....

MissMay
October 1st, 2018, 10:43 AM
Monday and it's October, no wonder everyone is thinking about making items for Christmas. Busy day here as both DH and I have PT this afternoon plus we need to get furniture moved and out of the house for Thursday's couch and chair delivery. Lots of phone call to make also. Want to donate the lift chair to church's thrift shop and would love it if someone could pick it up as DH isn't able to lift the chair by himself. Also have a bunch of items for the thrift shop. I've been placing them in a box for the thrift shop. I thought it was time to get rid of some small items like what's left of our original stainless flatware, I think 63 years of use is quite enough especially since we have much newer flatware.

Forgot we must stop at post office, DH bought some Halloween coloring books for the great grand boys and I'd like the boys to have them before Halloween especially the DGGS in Amsterdam as it might take some time to get there. So far DGD and family are settling nicely, they celebrated DSIL's Bday down at the beach with ice cream. Must ask DGD if it's OK to post their photos, she & her DH put them on Facebook but I want their permission to put them here. My 2 other DGD's with children requested No Photos before their children were born.

Time for a refill of coffee and then to work on today's To Do List. Have a Good Day Everyone. 155326

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 1st, 2018, 10:49 AM
Good morning ladies,
I got to sleep in this morning and I feel better. Yesterday the installers put up our new blinds for the patio door. I love it as we can leave them tucked up behind the valence and they don't show. Probably the only time they will come down are on really sunny mornings and days. Now if the screen door would arrive. It was damaged so they didn't install it.

I did all the laundry and made a large pot of vegetable soup. We had some for dinner and I made 3 single serving containers for my son Marc. I also gave him some of the freezer meals. He is enjoying the training on his new job. It is very intense and will last until xmas. There are daily tests, and if you fail one, you are out. This will be an elite group and unique in its mission. DH went to gliding club and got 2 lessons in. He was only student as it was pretty cold.

Today I am going to sew for VictorIa quilts. Tomorrow, we will get trained by the president of VictorIa quilts on the longarm that our group has been loaned. I met her at the quilt show that I attended on Saturday. I am thinking of going to an in-town 3-day retreat near end of October. I don't usually consider these, but this may force me to get some quilting done. Lately, I have been distracted with housework, cooking , yardwork and chores when I am home.

The kids and grandkids are coming over for our Thanksgiving on Saturday. I will have to get cooking by Thursday, Friday. So not much other sewing this week. I have picked up the ham, but will get a fresh turkey later this week.

Carol336 - an item that was really popular for me last year was Advent calendars. I sold all the ones I made, selling between $30-35 each. I already have an order for 3 and suspect I will get more orders from repeat customers. I bought a bunch of different panels at the end of last season on sale. If I paid full price, I would not make a profit. I am really trying to get out of making items to sell, and I only do one show now, and repeat customers. Eyeglass cases are popular in fun fabrics.

I see that my M* order of Sept 14 will likely be delivered today or tomorrow. It was the DD bendable light plus other fabrics to add to stash.

Have a good day everyone. Be safe. Stay dry if you are getting rained out. Stay warm for those getting snow. Stay cool.

Quilter74
October 1st, 2018, 11:42 AM
Yes, it's another Monday. I am at work at a job I do not like and have had for exactly 39 yrs and 11 mo today. Guess you have to stay where the money is. Hopefully, I will be able to quit sometime within the next year. It's been raining for 3 days straight and very gloomy. Supposed to rain for the rest of the week too. Bummer! I just want to be at home sewing!

Bubby
October 1st, 2018, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum, Quilter 74. Glad you joined us...!

Simply Quilting
October 1st, 2018, 12:11 PM
Good morning! The weather of autumn has arrived cold and wet. It started on Saturday with the college football game being delayed due to lightening and pouring rain which flooded streets. On a much brighter note, the MSQC Fall Forum Retreat was a fabulous relaxing time with a fantastic group of ladies. I have gotten things unpacked, organized and put away. I am so looking forward to the 2019 retreat.

On Friday, I picked up what should be the last of the custom-made fabric for the charity quilt. The goal is now to have the top done in time for the organization Oct meeting. Then it will go to the long-arm for custom quilting.

Several things going on today so I am not sure if I will get to the sewing room today.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone :)

JCY
October 1st, 2018, 01:11 PM
Good morning, Everyone ~ I'm just now getting here. I had to get things ready for the service man to come drain our swamp cooler & get it ready for winter. I worked on it yest. afternoon. Vac'd off the dirt & spider webs underneath. Cleaned the vents as best as I could with a damp rag & small screw driver to reach in between. Wiped down the exterior real well with soapy water. It's covered now & ready for cold weather.

I heard there might be snow in our near future! I saw on the extended forecast that temps. may drop into the 30's & 20's next week. I'm hoping to get my sprinkler system blow-out appt. moved up from the 11th to the 5th. I better get the "fountain" (we don't use the pump) drained & covered before the cold weather.

I'm off to vac. a window well of spider webs & leaves. Have a great day.

I did not make it to the sewing room all week end.