PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Greetings!

JCY
September 29th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Just a quick Hi, as I'll be busy all morning in the kitchen. It's chicken soup making day. I did the veg. prep. last eve. That takes a good 90 min. I bought a 6 lb. chicken & 2 pkgs. of legs, so it should make a big batch. DH was getting anxious because he was down to his last serving. I bought 2 large filets of salmon yest. & got those cut up into 1 serving pieces for the freezer. That will last for a mo.

Well, what a chilly day we had yest. Only in the 40's; the high temp. was 53. It was cloudy all day. This a.m. it's 42, but the high is supposed to be 85! What a switch.

Our Lady Bugs group met for lunch at Red Lobster. I think there were 16 of us. Food was average. Group discussions always are good. Afterwards I went to Hobby Lobby, where I bought some fabric to match some others I bought at the quilt fair. Their fabric is usually 30% off the reg. price. I had a coupon to use with one item.

Time to get on with my day.

grammaterry
September 29th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Joy, do you know that hobby lobby has a standing coupon on line for 40% off one regular priced item up to a 10 yd cut?
Anyway, I saw that both you and Suzanne were up and at em at the same time this morning. The fog is clearing from the front yard and it looks like a gorgeous day ahead for the Shriners auction. In the past 22 years I've been doing this, it has always been cold or rainy. Today looks like 77 and a perfect fall day. Of course, I'm a little nervous about trying to sell this many quilts in one day...in the past, most of them were already sold before the big event...but, if they don't sell, they will be a great gift for the Childrens hospital and I'm thinking, if they don't want to give them to the children, perhaps the hospitals gift shop can get them sold for a good price. Anyway, I'm just overthinking this, its going to do great.
Haven't slept well for a couple of nights. Probably the full moon.
I didn't do much yesterday, didn't feel exactly right. Decided I havent' been eating enough protein. I'll work on that tomorrow.
Colored my hair and it is not the right color. Said "new" on the box. I don't know why they always keep changing the names of the colors. Obviously, this is not the same as the color I've been using. But, I'll just have to live with it.
The kai scissors arrived yesterday as a gift for DD. I'm debating giving them to her today (3 weeks before her birthday) or waiting until I see her at Thanksgiving (4 weeks after her birthday) Humm….decisions.
Hope you all have a blessed day.

KPH
September 29th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Good Morning,

Terry, I hope everything sells today and you have lots of bidding wars on all of those beautiful quilts today!

Not sure what the plan is today. I know one stop is going to be to get a new bottle of Flonase. I opened my last bottle Wednesday. In the rush to get the trash out Friday (we'd forgotten) I grabbed the wrong bottle and threw the new one away. No way to go dig it out now, since the trash guys came while we were out. I was so ticked with myself when I realized what I'd done last night.

Yesterday, I dropped off Hope's quilt. It should be ready in a couple of weeks. I worked on 9 patches as well, got 30 finished, 10 more ready to put together, and there's still more little squares stacked on my desk. Hopefully, I'll finish this one up before Hope's quilt is finished so it will be 1 trip to the long armer's instead of two.

My Kai scissors came yesterday, too. I'm excited about getting them out and using them. Everybody's bragged about them, I'll get to try them out soon.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
September 29th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Good Morning....We were just leaving for Cuba and Jeff told me to stay at home with the Girls. He didn't have to tell me twice. I have laundry to catch up with. As a treat I started a pot of pinto beans with ham. We will have beans, pan fried potatoes with onions, sliced garden tomatoes and cornbread. That's a country meal if there is one! Jeff will be tickled.

The pups woke us up at 3:30 this morning wanting out to go potty. As long as it's for potty we don't care. They are coming along with their house training. Sugar has a nervous bladder and tinkles a little when she's excited, scared or around strangers. They were groomed Thursday and except for their hair being shorter you can't tell. They have both been in the mud and rolled in the dirt. They're still adorable and very entertaining.

So our Cathy and her Hubby are heading toward M* and then on to us in Licking. We are so excited to meet them. I know our visit will be too short. We already plan to do a little shopping and creating together!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

baslp
September 29th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Good morning all. I am off for a manicure soon. This afternoon going to a Celebration of Life with a friend. I hope to sew a few more rows together on my quilt. The end is in sight! This evening we are going to a play. I get tired of just sitting at home most nights.

Have a good day.

Carlie Wolf
September 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Good Morning everyone.

The owner has started putting the new windows in my upstairs office. Yipee! No more wind tunnel! Two in and two to go, probably will finish it off next week.

With the cooler weather and less humidity I finally gave gotten an energy burst. This house has tons (and I mean tons) of wide wood moldings, wood mantles and trims and doors. I've decided it's time to polish it all. The wood is 100 years old. So far I've finished the front hall, front stairs, back room and now working on the office where the windows are going in. It's looking really nice and shiny. My kneecaps in particular are starting to feel the increased activity and I have a few sore muscles where I didn't know I had muscles. I still have 4 rooms and 2 more halls to go. I hope my energy doesn't give out because I'm really liking the results. Oh and I'm washing the windows inside and out.

I'm working on two smaller projects to finish off my Secret Santa stuff. I had to put it aside as I'm waiting for the zippers to come in the mail.

Just staying busy busy and enjoying the cooler temps :-) Have a good day all.

Ginny B
September 29th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Good morning all. We are having a wonderful time here in Colorado. As Joy said though, it sure was chilly yesterday. We went to Golden and explored the shops there and the Coors Brewery. But on our way there, we made a stop in Centennial at Holly's Quilt Cabin. Such nice people and a wonderful selection of fabric. I had seen them featured in Quilt Sampler and kept the info in the back of my mind since I knew we would be coming here. We had a nice visit with my brother in the day we arrived. My sis in law joined us after work and we all went out for a nice dinner.

This morning we are just hanging around the hotel until it's time to get ready for the wedding.

Terry, good luck at the auction.

Ok, just thought I'd check in. I see my shawl got a bit wrinkly in the suitcase so I think I will go press it and then continue with my relaxing. Might work in a Farmers Wife blocks that I brought with me.

Have a good day and wonderful weekend everyone.

JCY
September 29th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Ginny ~ What do you plan to see/tour while in CO? If you get further north, visit the Lyons Quilt Store in Lyons. Tons of fabric! Be sure & visit the "orphan corner" for bargains. In Golden there also is a quilt museum, although I haven't visited it yet. If you get south, Manitou Springs is a quaint touristy town. There are many things to see/do in Denver. The zoo, the Molly Brown House, the Mint, Botanic Gardens, etc. Also in Golden is the train museum. We used to take the kids there. There are model RRs inside & vintage RR cars, engines, & items outside in the yard. If you plan to go into the mts., you could go to Georgetown & ride the train on the Georgetown Loop. Be sure to dress warmly. There are some neat old historic houses in Georgetown. We toured one of the old hotels years ago. There still should be some fall colors in the mts. for leaf peeping. If you go much further south, you could ride the Durango-Silverton historic RR. The Black Canyon of the Gunnison River is quite spectacular. Enjoy your stay.

JCY
September 29th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Back again ~ The chicken soup is done! Always a relief when that big job is completed. It made 14 qts. Two went right into the frig.; the others are in the freezer. I'm pooped! I already was tired when I started. I just put a load of laundry in the washer. I have my coffee fixed, so I'm headed for my recliner. I'll try to work on my Bible Study lesson -- if I can stay awake!

It's taking a long time to warm up today. It's just now 77 deg. & still cloudy. Maybe the sun will break out yet this afternoon. I don't think it's going to get as warm as they predicted. Our high temp. these days usually occurs between 3 & 5 p.m.

Terry ~ I hope you have a successful quilt sale today.

chelea
September 29th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Barb, you will love this. I was out in the back yard this afternoon planting some rosebushes and along comes a Westie! He was obviously mia from his family because dogs don't run loose around the neighborhood. We were able to get him on a leash to check his tags...he had a home away tag so we called the 800#. They told us his name, MacGiver, and kept us on the line while they called the owner. No answer. Could we hang onto him until they could contact them? Of course! What a busy guy. Now I know what you mean about the Girls. So he had a piece of cheese and a big drink of water then I walked him down the street a ways and then I see them...an elderly couple, leash in hand, looking in everyone's yard to find MacGiver. So I was able to get their attention and once he saw them coming he made a beeline for "mom". They're selling their home, had an open house today, someone left the gate open and that's how the dog made his escape. When I got back home, hubs says "it was fun having a dog around". It's been a long, long time for us. We lost our 12 year old St. Bernard in 2012 and couldn't bring ourselves to get another dog. Now we have 2 elderly chronically ill cats so a dog is out for the time being. We still have her leash, which came in handy today.