PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Saturday morning

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 29th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good morning ladies,

A beautiful crisp fall morning. Why would I set my alarm today? Getting together with GFs and headed out to a quilt show in town. This groups maxes at 34 quilters, and they put on a show every 3 years. I want to pick up some Glide thread in colours I have run out of.

I got a haircut and colour yesterday afternoon, but not before I had a 3 hour nap in the morning. I also got a new pair of Naturalizers shoes. Luckily they had the them in black, same style as my turquoise ones I wore this summer. I picked up a few pairs of pants and tips for my mom.

That's all. Gotta jump in the shower. I hope everyone has a good day, despite what life may throw at you.

JCY
September 29th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Hi, Suzanne ~ We were posting at the same time. Have a great day!

grammaterry
September 29th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Good morning Suzanne and Joy. Foggy here but I'm off to set up the quilts for the big auction today. Wish us all luck

Navy Wife
September 29th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Foggy on my side of the mountains also, but I expected it. 5 inches of rain on Wednesday and Thursday that we needed, but not that much all at once. At least we are done with the 90's.
Today I'll be cleaning out the rest of the kitchen cabinets. The old ones come out on Thursday, and so does the sink and dishwasher. I will get a 3 week vacation from cooking and kitchen cleaning! We will eat out or cook in the microwave. Paper plates and bowls only. More time to sew!

Cathy F
September 29th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Morning all,
Terry good luck with the auction!
Suzanne have fun at the quilt show!

Getting ready to hit the road tomorrow morning, watch out Missouri here I come! Excited to see all the shops. My husband is actually looking forward to seeing the town and shops that he heard so much about from me. Good thing he likes to shop and it will be nice to have an extra pair of hands for carrying the purchases!

Looks to be a nice sunny day, will get out there and give the plants a good watering and then hopefully they'll get a little rain till we get back.

Gottta get a move on and get the chores done, wishing everyone a good weekend!

KPH
September 29th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Suzanne,

You and Joy were busy at the same time, lol, kind of glad I went to check my other email first or there might have been three starts to the morning!

Have fun today, I know I certainly did enjoy Quiltfest last weekend. It's so inspiring to see other people's works of beauty!

Jonathan is placing the left over half square triangles. He started with the half square triangles and put them together in 4 patches. He wants me to sew those into a bigger 9 patch. I told him we'd make all of the four patches first so we could make sure they played well together. Great way to start learning about fractions, cooking and quilting!

Have a wonderful day!

Bubby
September 29th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Morning all,
Terry good luck with the auction!
Suzanne have fun at the quilt show!

Getting ready to hit the road tomorrow morning, watch out Missouri here I come! Excited to see all the shops. My husband is actually looking forward to seeing the town and shops that he heard so much about from me. Good thing he likes to shop and it will be nice to have an extra pair of hands for carrying the purchases!

Looks to be a nice sunny day, will get out there and give the plants a good watering and then hopefully they'll get a little rain till we get back.

Gottta get a move on and get the chores done, wishing everyone a good weekend!

YAY!!!! We're counting the days and hours...have a GREAT trip!!

JulieC
September 29th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Happy Saturday, Everyone!

It will be a cool day today -- highs around 60, a great day for yard work! I'm hoping to get both the front and the back yards mowed today. We had a gorgeous sunset Thursday night, it started pink-orange and ended pink-purple. I should have taken a picture or two.

I'm getting a little frustrated with Home Instead; they don't return phone calls. I have a question about billing, you think they'd want to answer that one. I also have a call in to see if Mom's caregiver can work a couple of extra hours on October 18. I would like to take my sister on a road trip down to Berlin, Ohio, to do some shopping (they have a quilt shop with 3,000 bolts of fabric) and eat lunch. I'm waiting to hear back from Home Instead before I request the time off from my boss. I will give them another call next week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Mimi_Howard
September 29th, 2018, 11:47 AM
I have one of those "10-hour" appt windows today. Waiting on termite company to come and take tent off my house and gas company will be out sometime between 10 am and 8 pm to turn my gas back on. So I have to head over to the house and get ready for the waiting game. Taking some hand sewing with me so I can sit and sew, probably throw towel on front yard and do it there. Don't want to hang around inside the house until it gets aired out really really good. Now I wish I had gotten wifi for the house, could at least take laptop and play some too. But on the bright side, one less bill this month.

Cokie
September 29th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Julie, I love going to Berlin! There are so many great quilt shops in that area. Have you been to Miller's Dry Goods in Charm? That's my favorite! I'm headed down that way later this morning - no quilt shopping but I'm going to a bulk foods store. It should be a nice drive today.