PDA

View Full Version : update and request for more prayers - Long

Carol336
September 28th, 2018, 06:07 PM
First of all - thanks for all the prayers from this amazing group. Your prayers and support as I've struggled to get answers have brought me much comfort and peace. Here is a link to my original post.....

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=77993

So I did go for a second opinion and the dr was really awesome. He said that when he's asked to give a second he likes to play devils advocate and really try to poke holes in the first opinion (not exactly his words - LOL) but in my case he completely concurs with my doctor and went into great detail to explain the procedure even further.

So my surgery is scheduled for 10/22.

In a nut shell - They will attempt to remove 4 wires that are in my heart. Two are somewhat recent (2011) and should present no problem. However the other 2 have been in there for roughly 30 years and they may not be able to get those out. In which case they'll just leave them. They will then insert the new pacemaker and defibrillator and close me up - !! If none of those peaky wires want to come out - they will go to plan B - which is to abandon the current site and move everything to the left side of my chest - inserting even more wires into my heart. This is not ideal and can present problems down the road (which he didn't elaborate on) but might be the only way. These decisions of course will be made "on the table".
My doctor went into great detail to tell me that there would be an entire heart transplant team in the operating room in the unlikely event they accidently make a whole in my heart getting the wires out. In which case they will have to open my chest. He assures me that that is unlikely, but they take every precaution to cover anything that could "possibly" happen during the surgery.

If all goes well, I will spend one night in the hospital, easy peasy. If they have to open my chest - I'm in about 4 or 5 days.

I feel like I'm trapped in a room with no windows or doors - I'm petrified to have the surgery and petrified not to.

Your prayers would really be appreciated right now.

C

KarenC
September 28th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Prayers for you, your family, and medical team.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 28th, 2018, 07:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It does sound like your medical teams are all in agreement, so this is good.

Prayers and good wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Carolnnc
September 28th, 2018, 07:21 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

KPH
September 28th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Lifting prayers for you, your family, your surgical team. I hope that they are able to do the easiest peasiest procedure to get you back on the right track!

JCY
September 28th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I hope everything works out well, just like the doctors hope. Try to rest in the Lord & His care & trust that all will go well. Sending love & prayers. Hang in there. It's okay to feel scared.

Tracie T
September 28th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Oh my...I will indeed pray for you.

pcbatiks
September 28th, 2018, 08:23 PM
You know your forum gang will be praying for you and your doctors. Praying that it's the easier of the procedures.

Big forum hug to you.

Bubby
September 28th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Of course I will be praying for you....that you will have peace and comfort as you wait for your procedure. 155292...hugs are a good thing.

nativetexan
September 28th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Oh Carol, you will be in my thoughts and prayers too. We women are tough!!! So go for it. :icon_eek:

MissMay
September 28th, 2018, 09:06 PM
155293 We're all praying all goes well.

quilt_gems_25
September 29th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Sending my prayers for your health and for you to have peace with everything going on for you.

Cathy F
September 29th, 2018, 07:22 AM
You are in my prayers and thoughts for a successful surgery and full recovery.

Monique
September 29th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Wishing you all the best. Sounds like you have a wonderful team looking after you.

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Keeping you in prayers!

Navy Wife
September 29th, 2018, 09:37 AM
My prayers are with you and the doctors. Try to relax and lean on the Lord. He will take care of you.

Georgie Girl
September 29th, 2018, 10:11 AM
I will say my special prayer to St. Anthony that all goes well for you.

Anitamae56
September 29th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Many thoughts and prayers for you.

cv quilter
September 29th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts.

GrammaBabs
September 29th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Prayers coming your way..."You got this"......................Hugs, GB

Patty J
October 1st, 2018, 01:01 PM
Prayers for you and the doctors taking care of you. May all go well and it results in an easy/peasy procedure. May you feel all the forum love being sent your way.

geegeequilts
October 1st, 2018, 03:00 PM
Carol

Sending prayers for you to have peace of mind & spirit as you face this medical challenge. Have faith in your doctors & trust in the Lord to see you thru. You know we are always here for you. Try not to worry too much.

Gina