PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
September 27th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Well good morning friends. It is a little foggy out there but yesterday was especially warm with very high humidity. As I was watching the news last night I just can't wrap my head around the destruction the tornadoes did. It is confirmed now that there were 6, from and EF1 to and EF3. Apparently one touched down not too far from here but I haven't heard about any damage, it could have been up in the bush where all the hunting camps are.

I finally got off my duff and sewed something for the SS Christmas swap. I need to step up my game. Did laundry and then went searching for a baby panel I have had for sometime. It is Dalmations with fire trucks and police cars. I have a baby shower on the 13th and the father is a volunteer firefighter so this panel will be just perfect. Guess what I will be working on next week.

I have so many things I want to do today so I don't know which ones will get done.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

Bubby
September 27th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Morning Everyone..I'm doing a few chores before I pack up Sugar & Maggs for their grooming day. I just hope they can trim their toenails so they will quit slicing my legs. It's quite chilly this morning so I may wear a sweatshirt with my short pants and flip flops...nothing like Summer on the bottom and winter on the top! I do this until Thanksgiving most years.

I think Jeff would really enjoy a pot of chili for dinner, maybe with some cornbread. I don't eat chili but I don't mind making it.

That's it for me...gotta get myself moving. Will check in later. Have a great day everyone.

JCY
September 27th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another chilly morning here -- only 45 deg. We have the furnace on again. But yest. it got up to 79 deg. & by afternoon I had the windows open. But at least we take the chill off the house in the early morning.

This has been a busy week. Yest. a.m. was Bible Study. In the afternoon, I cooked up a pot of the Anasazi beans for DH, mixed up my turkey patties, & did a load of laundry. I made it to the sewing room, but only long enough to press some of those 1/2 yd. fabric cuts I bought last week at the quilt fair. I've been looking through my stash to find fabrics that will go with the cute dogs fabric. What with doing projects to get ready for winter, I haven't had much sewing time.

Yest. I made an appt. to have our swamp cooler drained & winterized. I need to get the fertilizer spread yet while the sprinkler system is on. I'm watching the extended forecast for temps. dropping down into the 30's. So far, I'm seeing only 40's. Keeping my fingers crossed. Weather permitting, the lawn service will mow to mid-Oct. So much to do!

The new crown I had put on Tues. sure feels better than that aluminum temp. did. I'm not chewing on that side yet, but things are feeling better. For now, all my dental work finally is caught up! We've been working on things since March. I haven't totaled up our cost, but it's been several thousand dollars.

This a.m. is my neck MRI. I've been having numbness & tingling in my L. hand. The dr. thinks it might be arthritis in my neck. Something showed up in my CT scan when I had that rear-end car accident last year & the ER scanned my head & neck.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Monique
September 27th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another chilly morning here -- only 45 deg. We have the furnace on again. But yest. it got up to 79 deg. & by afternoon I had the windows open. But at least we take the chill off the house in the early morning.

This has been a busy week. Yest. a.m. was Bible Study. In the afternoon, I cooked up a pot of the Anasazi beans for DH, mixed up my turkey patties, & did a load of laundry. I made it to the sewing room, but only long enough to press some of those 1/2 yd. fabric cuts I bought last week at the quilt fair. I've been looking through my stash to find fabrics that will go with the cute dogs fabric. What with doing projects to get ready for winter, I haven't had much sewing time.

Yest. I made an appt. to have our swamp cooler drained & winterized. I need to get the fertilizer spread yet while the sprinkler system is on. I'm watching the extended forecast for temps. dropping down into the 30's. So far, I'm seeing only 40's. Keeping my fingers crossed. Weather permitting, the lawn service will mow to mid-Oct. So much to do!

The new crown I had put on Tues. sure feels better than that aluminum temp. did. I'm not chewing on that side yet, but things are feeling better. For now, all my dental work finally is caught up! We've been working on things since March. I haven't totaled up our cost, but it's been several thousand dollars.

This a.m. is my neck MRI. I've been having numbness & tingling in my L. hand. The dr. thinks it might be arthritis in my neck. Something showed up in my CT scan when I had that rear-end car accident last year & the ER scanned my head & neck.

Joy, I hope it is nothing serious.

Bubby
September 27th, 2018, 09:29 AM

Good Luck with your MRI Joy.

MissMay
September 27th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Yes, Joy hope your neck is OK.

Taking a breather today, enjoyed all the company this week but throwing in PT for Lymphedema 3 times a week has left me pooped out. My 2 sisters visited for bunch last Sat., DS#1 came for dinner Tuesday night and DH's brother was here for dinner last night. I managed to get the meals done as quickly as I could and everyone enjoyed them but nowadays that's a lot of cooking for me and there were no leftovers to eat for the rest of this week's meals. Needless to say that we enjoyed the company.

grammaterry
September 27th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Joy, I am worried about your numbness. But, I want you to think about what you've been doing. Are you doing anything repetitious like on the computer. I used to be able to be on the computer and surf for hours but then my hand and arm went numb and I thought I was sleeping funny on it. But it continued. Then, I realized that I laid my wrist down on the keyboard a lot. So I took a week off the computer and the numbness quit. Went back to the computer and lo and behold, first day, my arm hurt. Just saying. Hope the MRI doesn't show anything. I'll pray.
It is pouring rain and 60 this morning. I was suppose to go to mil and dig up plants and trim back flower heads for her. Maybe it won't be raining 50 miles south of me. lol
After the gardening we are going on a luncheon date and then I will stop off at a few shops and ask for donations for the auction. Need to stop at the post office and mail a package for my mother's 92nd birthday next week. With the rain, I'd just as soon stay home but I know MIL is counting on a day out.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 27th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Good morning ladies,

I was clearly overdressed yesterday, as temps rose with high humidity. Then the downpours. I was running errands and would bring my jacket with me in the store, then the last one I didnt. I got drenched. My shoes are still drying. Cooler today is ok with me.

I picked up mom's laundry and will bring back today along with toileteries I picked up, also her fall wreath. I then dropped by my DD. She didn't sleep the night before as the youngest is teething, so she called in sick with headache for am. Then she decided to take the whole day and sleep. I picked up and emptied and loaded her dishwasher. Although she is organized she is finding it hard going back to work. I came home, cooked turkey breast for supper and sandwiches today. I also made 3 freezer meals of shepherd's pie. I will drop one off for DD today. They are so busy with kids' activities.

Monique - it is amazing to see video footage of the destruction. My DD's husband has a friend who lives near Luskville. Their neighbourhood was hit pretty bad. Roofs and 2nd stories gone. Their house escaped with just all shingles torn off. They called insurance for go ahead and got a roofer to give them & neighbours estimates on Saturday, and on Sunday their roof was completely fixed before the rain. Now their backyard had the trampoline, play structures, fence, patio furniture and pool completely blown away / destroyed. But at least they are safe. They also had a generator so they are ok until hydro is restored. Others not so lucky.

Joy - I hope all goes well with the MRI, and that they discover the source of your pain. Is it just me, or does it seem that any pains we get when we are over 50, they relate to arthritis. You must be glad all the dental work is taken care of. I used to get neck pain before when I would have lengthy dental work. Could this have contributed to your pain?

I will try and get to the sewing room today after my errands. I am looking forward to a quilt show in the Glebe this weekend. It's only every 3 years, but a really nice one.

Have a good day.

JCY
September 27th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Dental work & neck pain ~ I don't have pain in my neck, but sometimes it feels very tight. My massage therapist works on that when I get a treatment. I heard it popping when I was craning my neck & reaching while doing the painting the other day. I had the numbness problem in my fingers before starting all the dental work. But that one day when I was there almost 3 hrs. definitely bothered my neck. I've had some tingling for >a year, even before the car accident. But it used to be just my middle finger. Now sometimes my 3 fingers, & even my thumb will be tingly. Sometimes if I lay wrong in bed, my whole L. hand will feel numb. When I get up & wiggle my hand & change position, things get better. I really don't think I'm on the computer enough for it to cause a problem. I take freq. breaks, etc. My fam. dr. suspects there may be some impingement of 2 or 3 of my cranial nerves in my neck. Depending on what the MRI shows, she may refer me to a neurosurgeon. But I can't take time for neck surgery & wouldn't even contemplate that except as a last resort. There is no one to take care of DH. I'm hoping & praying for the best.

KPH
September 27th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Good Afternoon all,

My morning started with a phone call from Jim. We just wanted to confirm what Jonathan said. Well, I fessed up. I bribed him to go to the home school day out. (that wasn't what I was supposed to be confirming). They wanted to know if he was supposed to come to my house after he was done with the home school thing. I said, I told him he could come this afternoon or Friday. He'd still have his Grandma home school time, just when ever it would work best. SO he went to the home school thing, and then came to my house for another 3 hours of work. All in all, he's a power house when he wants to be.

Now, I'm putting my feet up, because I had Zeke while Jonathan and Esther were at the home school thing (one day, they'll tell me the name of it, or at least the acronym. Want to take bets on when?)

I got all of the hour glass blocks sewn together yesterday, and this morning I got them cut apart. I started squaring them up before the phone calls and plans changed. I'll get them back out, doing them in sets of 10 so there's not so much bending over the dining room table at a time.

Prayers for those in need, prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Joy, I hope things go well for you today. Monique, I bet you're getting more accomplished than I am!

JCY
September 27th, 2018, 07:09 PM
MRI is done ~ I had to check in at 9:30 this a.m. MRI was scheduled for 10 a.m. The hospital's MRI suite is being renovated, so they are using a mobile unit in the parking lot. It was suggested ahead of time to wear a sports bra (no metal), so I was able to stay fully dressed. Didn't even have to take off my shoes. Of course my rings & watch had to be removed. My rings are hard to remove, so I did that at home using shampoo. That seems to work the best. I requested a pillow for under my knees, a folded towel (got a washcloth) for under my neck, & a blanket. Even with the blanket it was cool. They laid a wash cloth over my face. I kept my eyes closed. No music this time. They put in those cushiony lime green ear plugs, then fit some pads on either side of my head. There really was no wiggle room for my head in the molded area. It was noisy! I did deep breathing, did some counting, did some praying to take my mind off the noise. The 20 min. went faster than I thought it would. Now I wait for the report.

I made a stop at the LQS to show the gals my Noah's Ark Panel Quilt. I also looked for fabric to match a couple of the ones I bought at the quilt fair last week, but I didn't see anything that I liked. For a long time, the fabric has been $9.95/yd. However, with the new ownership & new bolts she's getting in, she's charging $11.95 & $12.95. I'll be out tomorrow. I'll see if I can find something more reasonable priced at Hobby Lobby.

As long as I had my rings off, I stopped by the jeweler's to have my rings cleaned & checked. My mother's ring is ok, but my wedding ring set needs repair of 5 prongs. They'll be ready on the 12th.

I now have an appt. with the lawn service to blow out the sprinkler system on the 11th. I'm gradually getting things checked off my list.

After daylight this a.m., I noticed just a light dusting of frost on the neighbor's roof in a couple places. I think I better start disconnecting the hoses each night from here on out. The first year we lived here, we didn't know any better. We had a beautiful sunny day in the 50's in Jan. DH washed the car. We didn't think to disconnect the hose. The next time we turned on that faucet, we had a flood in the bsmt. The faucet wasn't allowed to drain, so that section of pipe behind the faucet in the wall burst. Lesson learned.

Well, it's almost news time. I wonder how badly they're crucifying Judge Kavanaugh. What an ordeal this confirmation process has been.