PDA

View Full Version : The Garage Door Painting Is Done! :)

JCY
September 24th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Woo hoo! Finished the job today! It was quite chilly this a.m., so I didn't go out to paint until 9:15. I did that last strip on the siding on the S. side first, since that area was in the sun. Then I started on the garage door. I did the top half first, then disengaged the door opener again. I had DH set the small step ladder under the door to keep it in place. I had shade the whole time, but it was breezy, so I had to work fast. The wind was drying out the paint. I used a 4" roller to do the door panels; that went much faster than using just a brush. By the time I finished with clean-up, etc., it was 12:30. I took a long soak in the tub to relax my muscles. I took some before & after pics. What a relief to have this job crossed off my list.

Alas, I'm getting a msg. that my pic file is too large, so no pics. Have they changed something recently with the Forum pics? This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.

KPH
September 24th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Mike changed the setting on my camera to 'email' so the jpegs aren't as large. For some reason, the camera came from the factory making 16"x20" pictures.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 25th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Good for you. I love knocking off chores done.

It has happened on occasion that I can't post pictures. I'm not doing anything different.

Monique
September 25th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Holy moly Joy I think you are busier than me. It is a great feeling when things get done, isn't it.