PDA

View Full Version : Monday oh Monday

Monique
September 24th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Good morning friends. It is a bright sunny start to the day but not very warm. Les is back to work today. I got out yesterday and got some groceries. I also bought some pumpkins and 2 mums. The rest of the day was spent relaxing. I did need a nap in the afternoon.

Not sure what today will bring just yet.

Have a wonderful day friends.

JCY
September 24th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ After church yest. I made 3 stops: Vit. Cot., Home Depot, & Lowes. The table fan I ordered back on the 11th finally came in. I also bought some paper drop cloths & bought a new window well cover for one of the bsmt. windows. The old got chipped during that hail storm earlier this summer. A friend from church will install it for us. At Lowe's I found some smaller bags of winterizer fertilizer (14 lb. instead of 25 lb.) Since my pelvic surgery 13 yrs. ago, I'm not supposed to lift >15-20 lb. I took it easy during the afternoon & worked on my Bible study lesson for Wed.

Oh, I had just gotten into a deep sleep last night when the skunk odor woke me up! I hate that stink! I turned the fan around to air out the stink. An hour later, if fell off the window ledge with a crash & woke me up. The rest of the night was uneventful.

I have at least 3 loads of laundry waiting. If the weather cooperates, maybe I'll get the painting done today. Not looking forward to it, but it's got to be done.

Monique ~ Have you touched base with Bonnie since your return from vac.? How is she doing?

Well, I have a busy week ahead with something every day -- dentist, MRI of my neck, Lady Bugs, etc.

Louisiana quilter
September 24th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Top of the morning to you! From way down south where it’s hot today!
In Louisiana USA- I’m only a 3 year quilter and new to the forums
Hubby just bought me a long arm and working on my first quilt now....after watching many videos I’m just all in....lol
We shall see �� how this goes. Take that nap today and have a great day!
Louisiana quilter

Monique
September 24th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Joy, Bonnie is doing okay. She had an abscess drained a week ago Friday. Nurses coming in every day to change bandages. Other than that she is doing pretty good considering. Docs want her to do more chemo but she isn't sure about that. Is it a cure or just to prolong her life. If it is just to prolong her life, I don't think she will do it. We are going to Guild tomorrow and that is a good sign.

She is getting stronger and gaining some weight back that she lost. I will tell her you were asking about her, thank you.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 24th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's cool and sunny, and I just love this weather. I could have it year long, and my favorite season.

Yesterday I did about 5 hours of yardwork, spreading more mulch and de-weeding. This is on the street-side of fence on the corner. I noticed the winds have flattened the tall grasses in the middle, so I cut these back. It looks better but I need to get a few more bags of black mulch. DH repaired the fence panel that came off Friday. We didn't get hit by the EF3 tornado that hit Ottawa-Gatineau, but we had really strong winds. Clean up efforts have begun, but it will be a long time to rebuild. There are still areas without power.

I am going to my GF Dorothy this morning. We were supposed to get training on the Janome 1600p on Grace frame that is on loan to our VictorIa Quilt Group. Unfornately both the ladies who were to provide training live in areas where the tornado hit and have damage and no power. They even cancelled the AGM for VQC on Saturday. I have some experience on LA, so I know how to load. I have also watched YouTube videos on that machine & frame. I think we should be able to figure it out, at least we will give it whirl. We have 27 tops waiting to be done.

Chelea (Michelle) - your garden is beautiful. And it's nice that you decorate for the season. Since last year, I have been vigilent about getting rid of stuff and DIL was looking for fall decorations for school. I gave her all my fall decor, about 3 large bins. I only kept the wreaths for the front doors. I also gave away a lot of my xmas decorations, but not to worry we still have lots.

Monique - please let Bonnie know that I am thinking of her, and sending best wishes.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 24th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Top of the morning to you! From way down south where it’s hot today!
In Louisiana USA- I’m only a 3 year quilter and new to the forums
Hubby just bought me a long arm and working on my first quilt now....after watching many videos I’m just all in....lol
We shall see �� how this goes. Take that nap today and have a great day!
Louisiana quilter

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the posts and share the quilts that you have made. I have also been quilting for 3 years, but sewing since I was 10. It is a fun and beautiful hobby, and very addictive. I probably don't need to tell you that.

Claire Hallman
September 24th, 2018, 10:09 AM
This will be a busy day for me. I have exercise this morning for the first time in more than a week, I am really needing it to get out some kinks. After that I need to go pick up a case of starch that a guild member ordered and make a post office stop then come home and work on my sewing room.
The new machine I bought at Paducah has required some adjustments and I am excited to get things sawn to fit and put it back in order so I can play on the new Juki sit down machine.
I am a little nervous about it, too.:0:D

MissMay
September 24th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Good morning, Monique happy to hear you're back home and that Bonnie is doing better. Also Happy to Welcome Louisiana quilter, you found the right place for quilters. Suzanne I also downsized my Fall decorations, just a big wreath on the door and a few ceramic pumpkins indoors. The 2 big pots of mini mums near the front door were a gift from DS#1, they look so pretty but keeping them a good distance from the door as the bees and butterflies seem to love the mums. JCY glad to hear you found smaller bags of fertilizer I'm going to look for some myself.

Have a 'free' day today as I thought I had an appointment but found out it's tomorrow so now I have no excuse for getting my bills paid and paperwork sorted. Another cup of coffee will help me through.

chelea
September 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM
It's a chilly morning again, brrr. Don't tell hubs but I turned on the heat to take the chill out of the house. While summer is my favorite season, every one of them has their beauty. When we finally get chased into the house because it's too cold to garden it's quilting weather! The farm stand next door put all their perennials on sale for half price. I have a few spots that could use some filling in.
I was sitting here and just heard my neighbor's front end loader coming across the road. He's bringing me 2 big boulders for one of my garden beds that could use a focal point. I'd better get out there to make sure he puts them in the right spot 'cause there's no moving them once they're dropped.
Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
September 24th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a cool one here today. I have been busy doing laundry and getting things sorted out before our trip. We spent the majority of the weekend up at my son's taking care of my eldest's dog, Booda. DS #1 and #2 went camping but took Auggie (our new addition) with them.

Monique, glad to hear Bonnie is feeling ok. Suzanne, glad to hear you weren't hit by the tornado.

We will get our fall decor out when we return from Colorado. I thought about doing it before we leave but that would mean dragging bins out, etc. and I am trying to get the house in order, not mess it up. I may just go get the wreath for the front door though just to make it feel a little "fallish". I will be going through the bins as we do our decorating this year. We don't have that many for fall and the other seasons but, oh boy, do we have Christmas stuff. It definitely needs going through.

OK, time to get myself back to work now. I've got a list and need to continue crossing things off. Have good day all.

KPH
September 24th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon all,

It's been busy all day. The youngest grands were here this morning. I put cubed steak in the crock pot for family dinner. After Nandy picked up the little ones, I made a trip to the grocery store for fresh veggies to go with dinner. I'm going to have rice, cubed steaks, acorn squash and cantaloupe. Of course, there's going to be cookies for dessert.

I'm going to contact the guide dog organization for applications. The end of this week, I'll call about registering for next years medical insurance. There's a new drs office opening that's a lot closer to the house. If their doctors are on the list, I'm seriously consider changing doctors (seeing as I haven't been to a dr since we moved to FL).

I'm glad Bonnie feels like going to the guild meeting, that's a positive sign. Melinda is dealing with the nausea from her 5 day a week radiation. Jerrod went to the conference for GSD this past weekend. His previous doctors from Duke were there and in his presentation he put down the gene therapy that Dr. Weinstein is studying. From what Jerrod told me, Duke's choice of which marker to try, failed. My take on the situation, Duke's doctors were trying to save face, making excuses for making poor decisions in their research choices. I'm so glad Jerrod was there to talk, dispute, and be an advocate for other patients!

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength, comfort, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

baslp
September 24th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Good afternoon. It has been a busy day- working out, grocery shopping,and taking the pug to doggie daycare.
Katrina— thanks for yes update on Jerrod. It is a very interesting situation.

Have a good afternoon.
Beth