PDA

View Full Version : Friday, Friday.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 21st, 2018, 10:01 AM
Good morning,
I guess everyone is busy or late this morning. Heavy rain on the metal roof early this morning woke me up. It's going to rain and maybe t-storms later. Looks like it will be a good sewing day.

Yesterday I went to my sewing den. I tackled some of my daughter's alterations and repairs. I decided I won't do all at once, as then I have no energy left to quilt. At our guild's last meetings before summer, a LQS provided a lot of same baby alphabet panels. Our challenge was to make a quilt, larger or same size. I tackled it and the top is almost done. I made it a bit larger for a toddler. I will post when quilted.

Mother Nature is really in a bad mood. Storms in Ireland, Phillipines, US east coast and snow in western Canada.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Ginny B
September 21st, 2018, 10:13 AM
Good morning Suzanne and all to follow. I have been a bit busy this morning but taking a tea break right now. I have a few things on my "to do" list today but not enough to keep me out of my sewing room. Haven't been there much in the last couple of days. I need to cut some pieces for the Farmer's wife blocks. I will be taking a few of these along with me on my trip next week. I also have a new order for a couple of hooded towels that I want to get started and received a message from a customer I haven't heard from in a while. She said she is thinking about Christmas.. :) Me too. I will get in touch with her today.

The sun is peeking in and out this morning but looks like it might be a pretty good day today. Enjoy your time in your sewing room Suzanne. Can't wait to see the toddler quilt.

Bubby
September 21st, 2018, 10:23 AM
Morning Everyone...We had a thunderstorm and got a lot of rain for about 15 minutes. We are having a real cool down. Storms are forcasted for several days. Meatloaf sounds good for dinner tonight.

The Girls are napping and Jeff is at work. His first week back after being off work for 5 weeks has gone pretty well.

Not sure what the weekend will bring. Jeff needs to go to the apartments to look at an A/C unit. Unless we have someone coming to look at the vacant apartment there is no need for me and the Girls to tag along.

The forum retreat will start in two days and I hope everyone has a grand time.

Wishing everyone a good Friday...with hugs......

Cathy F
September 21st, 2018, 10:50 AM
Morning all,
Just jumping in for a quick hello, I have a fundraising meeting here at 11:00 and need to pull a few things together yet.

I found a small project I started a number of years ago while cleaning up my sewing room. A small stuffed Santa. I made a few of them for gifts one year and must have run out of time for this half finished one. I'm going to finish it and put it in with the things for the craft fair.

This month is flying by and only about another week to go before we head off to Missouri, I am soooo excited!

Have to run, hoping all have a good day!

Monique
September 21st, 2018, 10:57 AM
Hello I'm back. Started another thread as Suzanne and I were writing at the same time, LOL! It is good to be back, I have missed you all.

Navy Wife
September 21st, 2018, 03:03 PM
Goodness, the day is nearly gone, and I have done almost nothing! I did get the sewing room put together. I was supposed to go to a retreat next week, and had my projects all packed. But I've been sick all month, and decided I'd better stay home. I have not enjoyed being 80. It's one problem after another. At least none of them are serious. Maybe 81 will be better. I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

KPH
September 21st, 2018, 04:00 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Welcome back Monique!

It's been a busy day and really nothing accomplished around the house. My eye dr. appt was this morning. Now they're talking about glaucoma, as if I needed something else wrong with my eyes. Anyway, he asked if I was driving, I emphatically said NO! He said that was the right answer.

After we got home, J came over for yesterday's home school lessons. We got a lot done in the 3 hours he was here.

Now we're off to Michael's to find a frame for Martha's painting. I can't wait to get it hung!

I hope everyone has had a great day.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers for those in nature's furious path. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Simply Quilting
September 21st, 2018, 07:07 PM
Good afternoon! Today's weather was perfect for the birthday bash. Lots of people in town and lots of fun. I have seen several of the ladies who will be at the MSQC Fall Forum Retreat that starts on Sunday. (There is a commuter ticket if anyone is interested in coming last minute.) I am so excited. Basically, everything is ready to go except the last minute packing.

Monique, glad you are back.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

grammaterry
September 21st, 2018, 09:09 PM
I spent most of today cleaning the sewing room. Amazing how much lint and dust accumulates. I moved all the tables and swept up all the threads and little pieces.
Then, I worked on the new used machine. It was trying to make a decorative stitctch but it just can't move the needle side to side. So I wrote a nice email to the seller and told him how it was working. Then I told him the only way I could send it back was with a call tag since I live so far from UPS or Fed Ex. He asked for my address and phone so he could send a call tag. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I told him I expected a paypal refund for the entire amount. We shall see. I suppose that even if he kept the original shipping I wouldn't be too unhappy. I'm really just disappointed that it didn't work.
Got really warm here this afternoon (90) so I really didn't do very much. Made BLT's for supper .
I made a bunch of hst's and now I can't design the quilt I had in mind. 2/3 have a solid black side and the others are a dark and light print. Can't seem to make it happen. Two days I've been trying.

JCY
September 21st, 2018, 09:52 PM
Terry ~ Maybe another day it will come together for you. Sometimes we just need a break from a project & we'll get a new perspective the next time we look at it.

As soon as I turn off the sprinkler, I'm headed to my sewing room to press & store my fabric purchase from today. I got some really cute dogs fabric. I'm already thinking of possible patterns, fabrics to blend with it, etc. I love the creativity we get with the piecing & quilting process.