PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday and I am BACK!!

Monique
September 21st, 2018, 09:58 AM
Yes we are back. We got home late yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful vacation but the leaves are starting to change colour so it was time to come home, haha.

It looks like we are home in time for storms. Our power just went out briefly and I hear thunder in the distance. Oh well, we only had 2 days of rain while we were away which is pretty amazing. The weather was beautiful, we ate lots of seafood, and picked lots of sea glass. We also came home with a buoy that we found on a beach, lol.

After being gone for almost a month it was sure nice to be home. I had no internet and have not been in touch much here but I did manage a little.

Have a great day friends.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 21st, 2018, 10:06 AM
Welcome back Monique,

I was about to send a message, wondering if you got back ok. I am so jealous of all the seafood that you enjoyed. It won't be twisting Michael's arm to get him to go back to PEI next summer. I would rather strike off my memories of this summer.

It looks like we were posting a thread about the same time.

Ginny B
September 21st, 2018, 10:24 AM
Welcome back Monique. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. I may have to do a bit of research re: PEI and see if we would like to put it on our "would like to visit" list. We would like to explore a bit of Canada. We have only been to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Didn't even get over to Toronto on that trip.

I've got a few errands on my plate today and planning on some time in the sewing room. I also have to give a call to see just when my furniture will be delivered. We are leaving next Thursday and I'd sure like to have it here before then. If not, we need to set up a delivery date for after we return.

Have a wonderful day all.

Bubby
September 21st, 2018, 10:30 AM
Hi Monique....I really missed you but so glad to hear you had a great vacation. Sea glass....what a dream. I'm never anywhere that has it. What will you do with yours?

Welcome home...welcome hugs....welcome back to the forum!

Monique
September 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
Ginny put it on your list for sure, you won't be disappointed. Barb, Les just likes to display it, although I bought some wire to see if I can make something with it.

JCY
September 21st, 2018, 11:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Glad to hear you're back, Monique. Tell me what sea glass is & what you do with it. I used to live on the Oregon coast. We'd go beach combing after storms. I still have a Japanese float (small one) & 2 sand dollars. My FIL had quite a collection of floats. Many were as large as a soccer ball. Isn't it amazing that the ocean currents can bring those items all the way around the world to us. We used to collect driftwood to burn in the fireplace. At low tide one can drive the car out on the beach on the wet firm sand.

I actually made it to the sewing room yest. for ~45 min. Got the backing pieced & made a start on clipping threads off the back of the quilt top.

The annual Quilt-A-Fair is today & tomorrow. I plan to go over after I eat breakfast. I hope there are some vendors there that have cones of Glide thread. I'll try to use restraint with purchasing any fabric. I'm really trying to use from my stash. The Colo. Quilt Council is featuring a display of red & white quilts this year.

It's much cooler today. High expected to be only in the 70's. It's cloudy this a.m. The 80's will be back tomorrow. Soon I need to finish up the caulking & touch-up house painting. The lawn needs winterizer fertilizer, too. We usually have our sprinkler system blown out the first week of Oct. I need to get the fertilizer down well before then so it can get watered in. So much to do!

I hope every has a good day & a good week end ahead.

Bubby
September 21st, 2018, 11:57 AM
Ginny put it on your list for sure, you won't be disappointed. Barb, Les just likes to display it, although I bought some wire to see if I can make something with it.

I have looked at it online and some of it is gorgeous. Quilts in shades of sea glass are so pretty.

cv quilter
September 21st, 2018, 12:34 PM
Welcome back, Monique. Sounds like a restful, dream vacation! So glad you were able to enjoy it!

laura44
September 21st, 2018, 01:21 PM
Welcome back Monique!
Seaglass/Beachglass, I have TONS of it. Lived near the San Francisco
coast most of my life, would walk on the beach almost everyday and
collect it. White,brown, green are common, red,orange, yellow are rare.
I have several 24 inch tall vases full of glass. Here is a sample of the colors.
Moved 3 years ago, my only regret is not living near the beach anymore.