PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

LauraP
September 20th, 2018, 10:37 PM
So I am sitting here watching a Paul Simon special on TV and he is singing his new song "Wristbands". One line is something like, "I wonder if St Peter is going to be checking our wristbands at the Pearly Gates?"

My brain freewheeled to:
I'd better learn how to play the harp so I will be ready when/if I get to heaven.

How can I practice flying if I don't have angel wings yet?

Wonder what job I will get assigned to when I get there? My mother helps paint the sunsets, and I'm sure her mother is in charge of polishing the halos since she was such a stickler on dusting while she was alive. Of course, my father is keeping the chariots running smoothly and my brother, who was in charge of the sewer plant outside St. Louis, is probably in charge of the rain plumbing.

Maybe quilters are in charge of mending the clouds after storms?

I think I will go to bed!

Cokie
September 20th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Laura, I love your thoughts! I always thought I'd like to be the "angel" who gets to put the rainbow in the sky after a storm. :icon_bigsmile:

MaggieSue
September 20th, 2018, 11:04 PM
What pleasant thoughts!!!

Hulamoon
September 20th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Very nice thoughts! I want to be hired for the animal dept :D

laura44
September 20th, 2018, 11:43 PM
Love the way you think! I think I would like to be running the bakery, handing out
freshly baked cookies.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 20th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Interesting.

I hadn't thought of my next job. I do love the way cats can cuddle up on you when you're not feeling well, giving comfort. I'd love to be the cat whisperer, introducing the cats to the newbies who may be lonely and need comfort.

Anitamae56
September 21st, 2018, 12:03 AM
Love your thoughts . I would like to help your mother, if I could I love rainbows. I am sure my husband helping keep anything with motors going.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Caroline T.
September 21st, 2018, 01:10 AM
I want to be in charge of the puppies, making sure they have wet noses, sweet puppy breath, wiggly tails, and frito smelling toes.

kensington
September 21st, 2018, 02:41 AM
I'll be so happy to be there, I'm going to dance around the throne for about a thousand years... then, I wanna walk all around seeing the sights and what the New Jerusalem has to offer. After that, I guess I'll take some time to see the mansion He has prepared for me, see who all lives on the same street. Then, I plan to have tea with Mary, so we can discuss child rearing tips. I wanna talk to David, I want to ask him... "What were you thinking?"

dwil23
September 21st, 2018, 04:53 AM
I haven't given it much thought - I just want to be there! Any little corner, with any little job will be just fine, but If I could choose, I would want something to do with color.... And, I would like to care for all the sweet pets we have had here over the years knowing I would never have to say goodbye to them again.

Bubby
September 21st, 2018, 07:50 AM
I would love to be in charge of giving hugs. Maybe we can all meet up for a reunion.

MissMay
September 21st, 2018, 09:18 AM
Hope I'll be at that "Retreat" with all of you. Such is the power of Simon's song.

LauraP
September 21st, 2018, 10:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMESF4lNhBc

Have you heard The Isaacs singing "Mama's teaching angels how to sing"?