PDA

View Full Version : The Saga Continues......

azmotogirl
September 16th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I guess things really do come in threes (or more)...... First the washer flooded part of the garage. Then leaky toilet flooded bathroom after we just had it repaired and I had to tear out the floor. (We are waiting for contractor to lay the floor Tues/Wed). Today the only working toilet in the house is now leaking!!!! Will it never end?! I leave Wed for cross country drive to Birthday Bash and Retreat and I can't get out of here soon enough!!

Hubby has two weeks off work so I have decided to just try to let go and let him deal with it. That is very hard for me so pray I don't kill him for being so relaxed about the whole situation.

Hope things are going a bit better for the rest of you so enjoy what little is left of the weekend! Oh, and thanks for letting me vent a bit!! You guys are the best!

cv quilter
September 16th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Ohno and darn! Hope things go well for you Very soon. I hate when things just keep coming at us. It's hard to stay positive and not harbor negative thoughts and behaviors. I bet your DH is able to handle it and by this time, you need a break. That's where I have a hard time...letting go of the negative. Let go and have a good time at retreat!

azmotogirl
September 16th, 2018, 10:05 PM
I will definitely try...... when I return home I will be getting ready for another trip and then major surgery so I am ready for a week on my own to decompress!!

KPH
September 16th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Have a great time in M* land!

Simply Quilting
September 16th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Ugh, water issues are no fun. Sounds like the retreat is just what you need to relax with. See ya soon :)

grammaterry
September 16th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Your DH is being calm so you won't not go on your trip. He will be glad to take off your worry so you can have fun. He loves you.

cv quilter
September 16th, 2018, 10:20 PM
I will definitely try...... when I return home I will be getting ready for another trip and then major surgery so I am ready for a week on my own to decompress!!

Hope you trip is memorable and all you want it to be...also hope your upcoming major surgery goes well...ENJOY.

azmotogirl
September 16th, 2018, 11:59 PM
Some good news..... got a plumber scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so maybe this one will be fixed in time for the floor to be done in the other bathroom. Now for the fun of packing around all these workers!!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 17th, 2018, 09:13 AM
A trip to M* is just what you need. It will be fun and energizing, and what you need to deal with what will lie ahead when you return.

When I had to declutter FIL home inJuly-August, I planned a trip to M* at the start. It was just what I needed to decompress and regain my focus.

KarenC
September 17th, 2018, 09:17 AM
You can do it! The good thing about packing for retreat is you can always go shopping for anything you forgot. Safe travels.