PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings!

JCY
September 12th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Of course, it's still dark outside. It's 55 deg. Yest. it got up to 94. More 90's every day this week.

Last night was our monthly guild mtg. We had a good attendance, even though Bonnie Hunter couldn't come. One of our own gave a presentation & displayed her quilts. The lady in charge of our outreach quilts shared that E-quilter in Boulder is moving their store & donated 4 large tubs & some boxes of fabric to our guild -- stuff they didn't want to move. What a wonderful donation. Our guild certainly will put it to good use. We had a sympathy card for everyone to sign for Bonnie & members donated "Caring Heart" 5" blocks for her.

The fall season of Bible Study Fellowship starts today. This year we're studying Children of the Promised Land Part I. It will include Joshua, Judges, I & II Samuel, Ruth, I Kings & some in the Psalms & Proverbs. I already know the names of the ladies in my discussion group. I know 4 of them, but, as always, I'll be making new friends. Another lady & I will share the piano playing responsibilities for prelude & the hymn.

DS#1 in MD finished installing gutters on his garage roof, so he's ready for the rain. I'm hoping the weather Fri. won't interfere with his wife's flight from Holland arriving in D.C. They're talking about heavy rain even up into PA. Florence sure looks to be a devastating, monster storm. Everyone, stay safe!

KPH
September 12th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Good Morning All,

I worked in my sewing room on and off all day. I managed to get 20 of the 9 patch through the snowball stage yesterday. I'd make 5 at a time, then take a break.

On one of those breaks, Mike and I went to the storage building and picked up the Christmas stuff. Only thing is, I'm not sure that's all of it, but it's all that would fit in his truck. I have too much Christmas stuff, and a lot less house to decorate now. lol, and I'm making more (for Jim and Morgan, and Mike). One day, Mike's going to move out.... I keep saying it, and praying that he'll find a nice girl, one day... one day....

So today, I'll swap between quilt and Christmas it should make for an interesting day.

Jim and Morgan are leaving TN tomorrow. They've decided that they want to get ahead of the weather. I think they'd be better off going through AL from Nashville to come home, but he's determined to make the same trip. So travel mercies prayers are already starting. He is having a great time at the conference though.

I found out more information about Chris yesterday. He has two brain tumors, neither are operable. The hope is they can shrink them with radiation. His dad, is doing better. He hasn't shown any signs of his lung cancer coming back and he's recuperating from his long (8 hrs) prostate cancer surgery.

Prayers for those in nature's path, mother nature certainly has been busy these days and causing lots of damage- physical and emotional. Prayers for those in need, for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Monique
September 12th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone. We survived last night's storm although it wasn't all that bad, heavy rain. We hunkered down and things are reasonably dry this morning. Headed out for some supplies. Suppose to be beautiful weather the rest of the week. We are here until Sunday and then making our way back westward, spending two days at Plattsburgh to finish our trip.

Have a great day everyone.

grammaterry
September 12th, 2018, 09:26 AM
good Morning Joy. Its 60 here this morning. Its been raining cats and dogs all night and the hurricane rain has not even begun. The ground is going to be so saturated it won't hold more. Here on the east bank of the US that's all the weather people are talking about. Depending on whether I listen to SC or NC weathermen is where the storm is headed. Its almost like they are hoping it comes to their city. Our antique car insurer notified us yesterday that they would pay $250 out of pocket expenses if we wanted to move our vehicle to a safer location including having it towed there. We think we are pretty safe but then DH got to thinking what if a tree fell on the garage. Oh the crisis thinking!! I just have to trust that God will take care of our needs and what will be will be eventhough I know that God wants us to prepare and think forward I think looking for trouble is not the same.
Yesterday we ran errands in town. I don't get anything done when I get in a vehicle. But we had a nice lunch and visited a couple from the restaurant that had just bought a new condo. Its lovely, spacious, lots of storage and overlooks a small lake (pond). Lots of light, no maintenance or yard work but my goodness, it was a chunk of $$.
DH said, move if you want and I thought , oh my, it would take an 18 wheeler to move all our stuff out of here after 40 years. No way. I just don't have the energy and I would truly regret not living here as long as God will keep me well enough.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 12th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Good morning Joy and ladies who follow,

It's sunny and cooler again today. I am really enjoying this weather, my favorite time of year.

Last night was guild meeting. It is now a round table set up, but it was more crowded as there were 170+ people. Membership is capped at 250, so there were a lot of guests. The shop was the one where I won a $50 & $100 certificate this spring. I don't really need more fabric, but I did pick up a lamb duster to clean my sweet 16. There was a trunk show by a member who is gaining national reputation. The president of Quilt Canada also gave a brief talk and call for volunteers as Ottawa will be hosting the national show in June 2019.

Yesterday I picked up my mom's blankets and quilts and washed them, and got them back to her before suppertime. I also finished piecing one of the Victoria quilts. The ladies on Monday got some of the blocks pieced but it was not finished. It was a quick one, a fence rail. So #26 is ready for Dorothy & I to quilt. I also started piecing another kit I was given on Monday. This is a test pattern for the group. It has a lot of piecing, matching seams and set on point. I think this would be too challenging for this current group. Many have never quilted and it's a learning curve to get the 1/4" seams right. With more practice, I think they will get faster.

I hope that everyone in the path of Florence has a plan for being safe. Given the way hurricanes can behave, I would head far inland if I was near any part of the east coast. Be smart. Be safe.

Time to dip my hand in hot wax. It really helps with sore joints. Have a good day.

Star lover
September 12th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Mornin all.....
Something's up with my internet connection and everything is taking super long......sigh

Thoughts, prayers for all in the path of Florence! My mom is inland, but not sure if she's far enough......for sure she's in for tons of rain.

Well, before I lose connection.....bye and hugs for all.....have a wonderful day.

KarenC
September 12th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday our quilt group at curch met up again after the summer break. It was great to see what everyone worked on over the summer. Now, it's back to our weekly meet ups. I worked on a baby quilt. Brought it home and today I'll get it quilted. Not much else going on.

baslp
September 12th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good morning. We are still having grey days,but no rain thank goodness. I have a rather quiet day- a massage for my neck pain. I did finish hemming my daughters pants. She looks more presentable now. Now I can change the thread back to cream and continue working on adding sashing to the rows of my quilt.
Thinking about all having to deal with storms, illnesses,etc.
Beth

Ginny B
September 12th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Good morning all. It's a grey, foggy day here. I was up and out early to bring my car in to be serviced for a couple of recalls. Nothing major but they need to be tended to. What I don't understand is if you know I am coming in (I have an appointment) and you know what you are going to fix and you know what model car I have, why is it that you can't get my vehicle back to me on the same day or even guarantee that I will have it the next day. It's not like I brought it in with an issue that you are not sure how to fix. And when I said "I will have it back before Friday, right?" he sort of hesitated. I said. Let me rephrase that "I WILL have it back before Friday." He said he would do his best. Well, I will be giving them a call tomorrow and telling them that the two things they need to fix need to be done by Friday morning. If not, get my car back to me anyway. I am not letting them have it over a weekend where they will not be working on it and I'll set up another appointment. Anyway, I do have a loaner car which I am uncomfortable driving. It is a much smaller car than I am used to and it's a hybrid and a different type of start/shift and I am just not liking it. The only reason I am keeping it is because i do have to go pick Henry up this afternoon. Since the school is right near his house, I don't have to worry about driving him anywhere. The carseat is in my car so I can't take him anywhere safely. And it's a class night for his dad so I need to wait for his mom to get home which is about an hour later than I usually stay. Sigh Frustrated today. But it will all work out I am sure.

I've been watching the weather and boy Florence looks like a monster. I think a lot of people inland are going to be affected than with a lot of rain. If they have had rain from previous storms, that could affect trees falling etc. Keep alert everyone in the path. Be safe.

I am off to my sewing room now. Have a good day everyone.