PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday and I'm up first

grammaterry
September 11th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Good Morning all, and blessings to all on the east coast preparing for the storm. The rain we are having this week is coming from the gulf and it is all week and then on Thursday, it changes and starts coming from the east. We are going to be really soggy, but at least here in the mountains, relatively safe.
I did clothing deconstruction yesterday and managed to get a top that DD gave me taken a part and cut down and almost put back together. Still needs neckline work but its coming along. DD laughed and said you know mom , that top cost less than $10 and you have 8 hours labor in in. Oh well, I wanted to work on something not so quilty for a day or so and try to forgive my machine for its shortcomings.
MIL will be 82 (she is my DH's stepmother) today and I invited her to go out to lunch. She is so cute. She said she was celebrating yesterday and today she had another celebration and one on Wednesday, but she would be free on Thursday. So Thursday it is. I'm so glad she has lots of friends.
Don't know what today will bring...its bleak outside right now, but I'll be sure to keep busy.

KPH
September 11th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Terry,

It's beautiful here. We did have storms last night, but I'm not sure how much rain we got but the noisy thunder show was impressive (didn't see much lightening though).

I managed to get a few chores done yesterday. I contacted the HOA about the windows, it's been approved (like I cared, I already paid for them). I was cleaning up the kitchen and spilled the drip tray for the George Foreman, so the kitchen floors got a really good steaming and scrubbing. I did three loads of laundry and got that all put away, cut the fabric for the 9 patch madness and stacked so it's all ready to go and sitting in my sewing room. I had an email coupon for 40% off of purchase at Michael's if I ordered on line and picked it up, so the die cut cork tiles are ready to hang in the kids room. I ordered https://marthafaires.com/collections/8403#lg=1&slide=1, the artist is my mom's cousin by marriage. Martha has such beautiful work. It's my Christmas present to myself (just a little early).

Last night I asked Mike if he wanted to started working on the shed while the kids weren't here. The main thing is to get the Christmas stuff sorted by theme/ get rid of what we don't want to keep/ make a dent in the amount of stuff put back in the building. I've made so many different themed trees over the years. I know for a fact, I don't want any breakables on the tree for a couple of more years. Zeke is just 2, so there's sound reasoning there. We have a lot of Dot's Hallmark collection and honestly, some of them don't have meaning for me, so there may be some we let go. While I'm in the get rid of mood, I better get it done!

Prayers for those in nature's path. There's been so much devastation this year. Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 11th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Good morning Terry and ladies who follow,

I think my first thoughts are for you and all others who are in the path of Florence, to be safe and be prepared. Watching the weather channel in the morning is our routine. They say there are two other storms on the heels of Florence, so others may be impacted. Is it dumb of me to assume that people have lifejackets and inflatable small boats if they live by the coast? I think of wearing my lifejacket, anytime I am on the water.

I didn't bring my sewing machine to Victoria quilts yesterday. Unfortunately there were only 3 ladies sewing, we are usually 7. I brought my cutting mat to help with cutting as the joints on my fingers are really inflamed and in pain. Since its been like this most of the summer, I would say it's a bout of arthritis. I did show the quilts I finished. Also one lady who sews from home brought in 5 new tops to be quilted for donations. They are all scrappy but beautiful. So now Dorothy and I have 25 tops to quilt. We will be getting our training on Sept 24 on the Janome 1600p on wooden frame. Hopefully we will be able to get these done in a quick fashion.

Tonight is guild meeting. For some reason I don't want to go, but will as I bring Heather as she only goes to Sept & Oct meetings then goes to Florida until April. We are expecting a visit from Eric & Diana as baby Michael has his 1st checkup in our area. He is 2 weeks old. I made a French Canadian pea soup yesterday with the ham bone, and laundered some quilts for donation.

Have a good day. Be safe. Be prepared. Stay cool and safe.

baslp
September 11th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good morning . Kind of a somber morning with the remberance of 9-11. We had just moved to Philly. I am going to start tutoring the two Japanese gals. We take a break over the summer. Then I plan on meeting a friend for lunch. The only sewing I did yesterday was hemming my DD’s scrub pants. Still waiting for the sun to make an appearance. I know I would feel like I had more energy.
Have an good day .
Beth

Ginny B
September 11th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Good morning. It's a cloudy, overcast day here. It sort of matches my somber mood today.

Not sure what I will accomplish today. Yesterday I worked on getting some orders photographed and then bagged up for delivery. I also worked on my Featherweight (which I didn't do on Sunday as I had planned to). I got the new belt on and also worked on getting the tension adjusted. Then I cleaned my Pfaff. So no sewing but lots of maintenance. I think I will work on a Secret Santa gift today. I just have a few I need to finish up.

Thinking of all those in the path of Florence. Be safe everyone.

GuitarGramma
September 11th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Yesterday, my DH's boss asked him to fly out to a new account today. It wasn't until a few moments ago that I realized he's on a five hour flight on 9/11 heading toward a hurricane. Please say a quick prayer for safe travels.

KPH
September 11th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Yesterday, my DH's boss asked him to fly out to a new account today. It wasn't until a few moments ago that I realized he's on a five hour flight on 9/11 heading toward a hurricane. Please say a quick prayer for safe travels.

Lifting prayers for travel mercies.

GuitarGramma
September 11th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Lifting prayers for travel mercies.

Thank you!

JCY
September 11th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I was here briefly at 6 a.m. but didn't have time to chat. I've been busy since then. Had a glitch in my laptop, so I had to run the Malware Bytes scan. All seems to be ok. It's a sunny a.m. here. It was 94 yest. & it's supposed to be in the 90's all week.

Yes, I've also been remembering 9-11. DS#1 was in the Air Force at that time & traveling. Their travel got interrupted when all flights were grounded. He & his co-worker rented a car, somewhere in Ohio, I think, & drove back to D.C. It's a day that will never be forgotten. The "fallout" continues as people who inhaled the toxic fumes die of various diseases -- cancer, lung disorders, etc.

Yest. I started sewing strips together for Donna Jordan's Baby Bargello (non-matching seams) quilt. I'm not totally satisfied with the fabrics I chose. I may sub. one strip with a dif. fabric. I'm sure it will be ok once I get it assembled. I plan to run by the LQS today to show the owner my finished Noah's Ark quilt. When she brought back my Baby Lock Tiara from being repaired, she saw it laid out on the floor.

Tonight is our guild mtg. Our speaker was supposed to have been Bonnie Hunter, but she canceled due to her bro.'s brain cancer & subsequent death. Hard to say when they will get her rescheduled. She's one busy lady. I was so looking forward to meeting her & hearing her speak. She truly is the queen of scrap quilting.

Well, I have Anasazi beans on the stove that are done & ready to be dished up into containers for the freezer, so I'll quit with this.

KPH
September 11th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Mike talked to MIL. she'd heard from her sister, who told her about Chris. Round about, huh!

Chris has two brain tumors, neither operable. They're hoping to use radiation to shrink them. Chris's dad is doing well after his prostate cancer surgery. No signs of recurrence of his lung cancer.

My heart is heavy, but praying for God's healing touch on each member of this family.