PDA

View Full Version : Please cross your fingers and send positive vibes our way......

azmotogirl
September 9th, 2018, 12:41 AM
It's been a rough (crazy) few weeks...... Over a week ago our washing machine started leaking and partially flooded the garage. Thankfully only the throw rug in front of the machine was damaged. We've had the service guy out and got approval from Lowes for the repair (and even finally got the part in stock) but they can't come back out to complete the repair until Wed.!!! 10 days with no washing machine is a loooooonnnnggggg time when you have 5 dogs!

Then 2 days ago we had a flood in the main hall bathroom. I spent today ripping out the flooring in preparation of replacing with new tile. (after that we have to rebuild the toilet that leaked all over) Guess the next few days will be pulling out the toilet and laying the tile and then reinstall.

Please keep your fingers crossed, pray, send positive thought or what ever it is you can to to hold off the next crisis until after the Birthday Bash and our Retreat. I know they say things like this come is threes but I could use a little time to catch my breath before the next one hits!

jjkaiser
September 9th, 2018, 12:53 AM
Oh my goodness you have had more than your fair share of bad luck. Water damage is so insidious, I feel for you!! We had major water damage in 2009 after one of those so called storm of the century events. Since then there have been at least three more storms of the century things. We had to have all our drain tiles replaced and two sump pumps installed...have had totally dry basement ever since but the cost was close to $40,000. Boy I hate spending that kind of money on home improvements that are so invisible. Hope you have better luck. My fingers are crossed.

azmotogirl
September 9th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Here in Arizona basements are non existent so don't have to worry about that..... and with 100+ degree weather things dry out pretty quickly. Just don't have time for the extra repairs right now...... after the Retreat I have a crown scheduled, another trip with hubby to Las Vegas and then major knee surgery scheduled (all within 6 wks of getting back). I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!

LLLinda
September 9th, 2018, 01:48 AM
Girl I feel for you. Evidently you must have at least one more working bathroom. Would have been awful if not. We have been going through much the same. Our main level washer started leaking and repairmen couldn't figure out the problem and installed an unneeded part. Finally I looked online and found the problem. Told them what to look for and I was correct. This went on for 2 weeks. Luckily we still have the old but still usable set downstairs. Then we had to have a new front door and storm door installed. Still waiting for that to happen. We can't use it until then. Two more weeks until Lowe's can get to it. Today DH went out to his truck and there was a huge limb in our driveway. Narrowly missed the truck but had to get out the chain saw and get it cleaned up. Maybe we just aren't living right.:icon_beuj::icon_scared:

Simply Quilting
September 9th, 2018, 01:50 AM
Wow! You do have a lot going on and don't need anything else to happen. Prayers that everything goes smoothly so we can see you at the retreat :)

DeniseSm
September 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Sending positive vibes your way. I was stressed just reading of your adventures.

azmotogirl
September 9th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Well, hubby insisted on hiring someone to lay the tile since I'm waiting to have knee surgery. The bad news is they can't start until the 18th and I will be leaving for the birthday bash the next morning. Think they will be in my way while I pack?! Just hate to be down to our small bathroom and no tub to soak in for that long. Oh well, guess I will survive and be grateful it's not worse.

KPH
September 9th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Fingers crossed and prayers lifted, too.

KarenC
September 9th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Well, hubby insisted on hiring someone to lay the tile since I'm waiting to have knee surgery. The bad news is they can't start until the 18th and I will be leaving for the birthday bash the next morning. Think they will be in my way while I pack?! Just hate to be down to our small bathroom and no tub to soak in for that long. Oh well, guess I will survive and be grateful it's not worse.
That sounds like a good excuse to pack a day earlier and take a day off to rest before traveling! Maybe?

azmotogirl
September 9th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me but already have prepaid hotel reservations for my long drive from Arizona to Hamilton. Maybe I should stop off somewhere else along the way.......... hummmmm.

MissMay
September 10th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Your reward for going through all this is The Retreat!