PDA

View Full Version : Birthday posts

Momofmonsters5
September 8th, 2018, 10:39 AM
These irritate me because I've been part of this community for years and my birthday is ignored every year. I don't have issues with that til only certain birthday's are acknowledged. I've gone through a lot lately with harassment at work so I might be sensitive. If you can't do all then don't do it is my point. I'm a mom of 5 and wouldn't leave anyone out. I like this community until I notice the singling out aspect

MSN
September 8th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Check your user profile. I can't remember exactly where, but there is a checkbox or something that allows others to see when your birthday is. I'm guessing that yours is set to not display. Someone with more tech knowledge than me (which is just about anyone) will hop on this thread and help you find it.

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately. And I hope you had a good birthday, despite the lack of acknowledgement here.

MissMay
September 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Don't know how to get on the birthday list but thought I'd send you good wishes to get started.

nativetexan
September 8th, 2018, 12:05 PM
I don't even put the correct date for mine online. But it's always a nice surprise when I'm told Happy Birthday. No matter when.

cv quilter
September 8th, 2018, 12:29 PM
I know my BD is never acknowledged, either. Not sure how birthdays are known, but I do think many of those here know each other and perhaps that's why they are sent BD wishes. I'm sorry for the bad days and hard times you are having. Sounds like you deserve to have a great day, so I hope that today will start it out. Have a Happy Day today and every day. And Happy Birthday to you, for many years to come.154919

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 8th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Hello Momofmonsters 5 I read your thread about your birthday and I regret that you feel hurt for not receiving congratulations but I have looked at your prifile and it does not include your birthday so it is difficult to know something so private in such an international forum, I am a person who resides in Spain and I feel very happy in this forum, I had two user names "Plentziana" and "URIBARRI-MAYOR" because I had a problem on the network, but this year Monique threw my birthday at the forum and I had a lot of good wishes, they made me very happy, although other years go unnoticed, but I thank all the people who remembered me despite how far we are, I hope you feel better about your problems and I wish this year is better for you, stay in the forum and enjoy our company. Greetings

MRoy
September 8th, 2018, 01:26 PM
User Names with birthdays are listed on & can be added to the MSQC Calendar. Click on "Calendar" under the banner on this screen, find the date you want and click on it to see if your User Name is listed. If your User Name is not listed, you can click on "Add New Event" to add it.

JulieC
September 8th, 2018, 02:18 PM
I agree the issue may be with your user profile. When I first joined the forum, my birthday went unnoticed because I had it set to private. I unchecked that, and this year I received several birthday wishes from the forum. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues at work; I hope things improve for you soon.

Rhonda K
September 8th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Hope your day/work situation gets better.

Happy Birthday greetings to you for your special day! I didn't know there was a place to sign up for birthday greetings. I am fairy new here and don't know many of the posters but feel the support is great.

Carlie Wolf
September 8th, 2018, 03:47 PM
I was feeling this way too. Then I realized that I never put my birthday into the user profile so it never would come up!!! I posted about my hurt feelings and how I realized I had made the boo boo :-) Everyone wished me a Happy Birthday as a result and I was just as thrilled as if it had actually been my birthday. Anyway I corrected my mistake and next year I'm sure it will come up too. btw......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh, PS: I use my real name for the shopping log in and I have Carlie Wolf for the forum log in. Each year I did get a Happy Birthday from MSQ because that user name did have a birthday listed...but I forgot to do it for the Forum User Name.

JCY
September 8th, 2018, 04:32 PM
I chose not to post my birth date for privacy reasons. There always are lurkers on public forums & people trolling for identity info. I chose to be cautious.

Sorry you're having a rough time of it. I hope things get better soon. God bless you!

GuitarGramma
September 8th, 2018, 04:43 PM
I chose not to post my birth date for privacy reasons. There always are lurkers on public forums & people trolling for identity info. I chose to be cautious.

Sorry you're having a rough time of it. I hope things get better soon. God bless you!

I, too, wondered about why some folks got happy birthday messages and others didn't. The public calendar makes it all make sense, so I'm really glad you started this thread, Momofmonster5! It has explained a mystery for me.

Having said that, I have adopted a fake birthday for signing up for forums, Facebook, etc. I keep it consistent so that I'll always remember it, but I figure that Facebook (and even my beloved Missouri Star) only want the date as a security measure. Well, hackers want my real birthday, and they won't get it by hacking Facebook, etc! They'll just get my phony baloney forum birth date, and that won't help them much at all.

Bottom line: Happy Birthday, Momofmonster5! Thank you for starting this thread.

Momofmonsters5
September 8th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback, I looked I included my birthday. Thanks I'm just saying that sucks we use this quilting community to belong.

Carlie Wolf
September 9th, 2018, 06:31 AM
GuitarGramma, I use a fake birthday most places...like Facebook too. (Here they get my real one). Funny thing though with Facebook even my relatives wish me Happy Birthday on the FB date. What does that tell me....after all these years how hard is a Christmas birth date to remember for a relative? Couple that with my real name which every relative knows and that's a giant hint!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 9th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Happy belated birthday. I am certain there is a way for your date to pop up as others have suggested.

Personally, I have chosen not to make my birthday public, but it may come up as a mention in some of my treads. As a kid, all my birthdays we're celebrated. When I was older, it became a "let's celebrate all the mothers and May birthdays together", so it was never special to me. One year, for my birthday I asked that everyone skip my birthday. It was the best. I had no obligations and did as I wanted. I guess I realized it's more like the birth year I like, so I celebrate all year long. That is my gift.

Rhonda K
September 9th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your feedback, I looked I included my birthday. Thanks I'm just saying that sucks we use this quilting community to belong.

Even if you included your birthday, you have to complete the process. I had mine listed but didn't show it. No birthday wishes.

Did you check the setting to hide/un-hide birthday? You have to show the birthday. Then check the calendar and it should be listed under your birthday date. If not, ask a moderator to help you.

This is not about including or excluding anyone for birthday wishes. It is simply your choice to share or not. Best wishes to get it straightened out.

K. McEuen
September 9th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Even if you included your birthday, you have to complete the process. I had mine listed but didn't show it. No birthday wishes.

Did you check the setting to hide/un-hide birthday? You have to show the birthday. Then check the calendar and it should be listed under your birthday date. If not, ask a moderator to help you.Ask an Administrator, mods can't adjust you profile.

btw, this,as posted above, is exactly what you need to do. Your profile is set NOT to share your birthday.

Monique
September 10th, 2018, 09:58 AM
If your birthday is made public, then it will appear at the bottom of the 'home' page for that day. Sorry I missed yours but I hope you had a good day just the same. I have been away from the internet for a few weeks now so if I have missed others, I am terribly sorry.