PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here!

Ginny B
September 7th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a lot cooler here this morning than it has been. We had some storms roll through last evening and they brought some cooler temps with them. The heat was beginning to make me wilt. It used to not bother me so much but these last few heat waves have really worn me out. I did go and have lunch with my friend Ceil. We sat under the trees and happily there was a bit of a breeze. Her brother has been very sick and I wanted to catch up with her on what has been happening. I will head over there again this morning because one of the women that I worked with when I first went to the agency is retiring today. I want to wish her well and let her know that so far, I highly recommend retirement. Sadly though, she is retiring because she just is not happy at work. It is a bit of a complicated situation and it has just gotten to be too much for her. She is well past the age where she could retire but she wanted to work for a while longer. It is a shame that she feels she has to get out of there for her health.

I hope everyone has a good day today. Don't forget to smile. :icon_happy:

JCY
September 7th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at another Friday. I'll have to watch Jenny's tutorial later today. I re-watched Donna Jordan's Baby Bargello tut. last night. I have a selection of fabrics laid out to make another baby boy quilt. This was a quick & easy pattern, so I'll try it again.

I spent the a.m. yest. in the kitchen mixing up my turkey patties for the next 3 wks. Defrosting the freezer is on my list for tomorrow. Or maybe this afternoon. We'll see. I have a dental appt. at 9 a.m. for crown prep. Hopefully this is the last one! My appt. was for next week, but they had a cancellation, so I took the earlier time, which will work out better for me.

We had a mostly sunny day yest. It actually warmed up to 84, which was warmer than they predicted. In the afternoon it got dark; we had a brief shower, then the sun came back out. This week end it's supposed to be up close to 90 again.

I read on Bonnie Hunter's blog yest. that her brother passed away. The setting of her Quiltville Inn is so pastoral, green, & pleasant. It looks like such a restful place. I wish her well with her adventure. She's been buying antiques & furnishings for the inn.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

KPH
September 7th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Ginny, Joy and those who follow.

Home school was fun yesterday... other than the stubbed toe and the nose/grandson head collision. I feel like a walking crash dummy.

Not much on the agenda today. The youngest grandson has an ortho appt. He's sprained his foot again. I'm wondering if there may be a hairline crack in a bone in his foot. Nana said he may need arch supports. Mike thinks he needs boots. lol, I'm beginning to think I need to be wearing steel toed boots around the house!

Hopefully, I'll have time to work on the baby quilt. I certainly didn't feel like working on it yesterday! I have a coupon for Lifeways, I need to find an easier to read Bible for Jonathan to use here for his Bible studies.

Have a wonderful day!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Monique
September 7th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Good morning. Things are going well. We had about a dozen drops of rain yesterday and that was it. It will be another beautiful day today. Itching to get quilting again.

Have a great day everyone.

baslp
September 7th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good morning all. We made through the grooming appt without any clipper injuries, running away dogs, and dog squabbles. Another quiet day here. I am getting a manicure and hope to finish ripping out the seams of the quilt rows I put together. Have a great day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 7th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's promising to be a beautiful sunny day again, and cooler which is a welcomed relief.

Monique - I'm glad that you are enjoying PEI. I hope that you are getting your fill of lobster. I think we will visit again next year.

Yesterday, we ordered blinds for the patio door, washed and put away the canopy that was turned over by this week's storm. Laundry. Cooking and freezing more beets, from my girlfriend's garden. I also went with my son to pick out new glasses. He is starting a new job, with 3 month police training. When we came home I gave him a variety of 1-person freezer meals I made, as well as part of the ham I was cooking. We enjoyed ham and patato salad for dinner. I did a count of pickles jars, and I have plenty except for my bread and butter. I may run out. I didn't have time to make any this year, so it will be on next year's list.

Today, just last minute preps for my mom's birthday. I decided to get a small cake, even though they have plenty of desserts at the restaurant. I may not find a gluten free one in time.

Gotta make noise so DH gets up so I can get my show on the road. Have a good weekend.

MissMay
September 7th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Happy to see the weekend beginning even though we have no set plans. On Fridays I straightened the house and clean the bathrooms. It's a chore I learned from a co-worker who was a pastor's wife - no matter what or who comes up you and your house are ready to go. Another co-worker said never wash clothes on Saturday, good advice but difficult to do when you have a houseful.

Hoping for some sunshine this weekend to set up my Fall wreath on the front door and some some mums in the front door planter and also hang Fall wall hanging on the kitchen wall. See I just made my weekend plans, I'll throw in lunch out of town as DH and my reward for getting this done.

KarenC
September 7th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Sad to say it is 6 pm and I am just getting here. Not much happened yesterday other than having lunch with a friend who is coming to the forum retreat with me in a few weeks. Today, I worked on a paper pieced mini quilt. Finally finished the top. Need to put it aside now and work on borders of a t shirt quilt since the fabric just came in. Hoping everyone had a great day.