PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning -- it is Tuesday, right?

Ginny B
September 4th, 2018, 08:14 AM
It will certainly feel like a Monday to a lot of people. School starts for a lot of districts here on L.I. today including our grandson Henry's. First day of kindergarten for him. It begins a new schedule for me too. I will be picking him up after school. It is all-day kindergarten so I have the day to myself until around 2:15 when I'll head on over there. I want to make sure I have enough time to get to his house and then over to the school (which is only a block away). I am curious to see how he does. He absolutely loved Pre-K but has been a bit on the "not thrilled" side about moving on to Kindergarten.

DH and I had a wonderful weekend. We got a lot of things accomplished but also had some wonderful relaxing time. Now I am headed up to my sewing room to finish a couple of orders before it gets too hot up there. The weather is supposed to get steamy again this week.

I hope you all have a great day. Happy back-to-school day for all those heading back today.

JCY
September 4th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ The schools here started mid-Aug. It makes more sense to start after Labor Day.

The weatherman got it wrong yest. It was supposed to be in the 70's, which it was most of the a.m. & sort of cloudy. But in the afternoon it popped up to 88 deg. & got hot. At least it was cool in the a.m. for baking DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. I love the smell of freshly baked bread. In the afternoon I cooked up apples for sauce. Didn't make it to the sewing room at all.

In the eve. I re-watched Donna Jordan's tutorial on the D9P; she shows a way to lay out the 5" squares so each block turns out the same. She also demos how to make a mitered corner on the border, which I have not yet attempted. Maybe today I can get the binding on the Noah's Ark panel quilt & take some pics.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 4th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies,

Yes, it's Tuesday and for my city, the remainder of schools, universities and college return today. The French schools started in mid to end of August, so it's a staggered return to traffic jams.

Yesterday we visited the new grandson. He is cute, I must admit. We had another downpour and It's still hot and humid, which I think is contributing to my tiredness. I have never done well in heat. I have also developed swollen joints and my baby fingers' joints are quite red. I hope this is not arthritis, as it runs in the family. I have been taking Naproxen but it's not helping. Hot wax bath help a bit. I will have to research reliefs.

I am planning a small lunch at the restaurant in my mom's building for her 95th on Saturday. I am just not in my party planning mode. I will make a few more calls today, and get groceries before the cleaning lady comes today. Also need to pick up a piece for our master bath toilet. It has had a slow drip for awhile. DH is not fast at fixing as he can't crawl on the floor. I guess I can fix it.

I always have busy to-do plans for every day, but i only do what I can. Have a beautiful day everyone.

KarenC
September 4th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone. Finished the binding on another charity quilt yesterday and went to see "Crazy Rich Asians" @ the movie theatre. It was pretty funny. Best movie I've seen in a while, but I don't do movies often. Today I am sitting at the car dealership getting my son's car serviced, the things we do for our kids. It's going to be 3-4 hours, so I brought some handwork with me and a book. Supposed to be cloudy today.

KPH
September 4th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All,

Mike got a phone call this morning, before 7. lol, anyone that knows Mike, knows he's not a morning person. Jerrod called, he's on the plane headed for CT for his check. This time they'll do a fasting blood sugar. Hopefully, they'll change his corn starch dosage. He called Sunday afternoon, kind of upset. His blood sugar was 149- he didn't know what to do, it had never been that high before. I told him to get outside and take a nice brisk walk, but what he really wanted to hear was it was okay to call Dr. Weinstein to see what he said to do. So he called, and got told to get some exercise, it was alright. Two other people have had their trial infusion, one in Mexico and another one in the midwest. It sounds like they're having positive results as well.

Jerrod had dinner with a family yesterday, the child has GSD1a. She refuses to take the corn starch. Jerrod talked to her about it, took his corn starch. Now that she's been around Jerrod, she's said she'd try to do what she needs to do. She called Jerrod her hero. He felt really good about helping out with her.

Yesterday, Mike and I finally got the shelf and TV hung in the kid's room. I'll move the cedar chest under it today. Nana and I decided she'd work with Jonathan on Monday and Tuesdays, I'll work with him on Wednesday and Thursdays. Jim was like, there you go, you have a plan. Sometimes I just want to smack him... make a decision, it's your child. I think he's just not wanting to tell the 'elders' what to do.

It's kind of sad, the block feeders are all empty. The squirrels have really made a mess of the deck. The bird feeders and squirrel feeders are all empty. I don't think I'm going to buy any more feeders for a while. The squirrels are entertaining, but they go through food so fast and leave such a mess.

Yesterday I squared up all of the half square triangles. Today, the goal is to get the blocks made. I want to knock as much out today as I can get done. Now that the school/ play room is just about done and I can walk into my sewing room, I realize how much I miss it.

Time to get started. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings and prayer for those in need.

baslp
September 4th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning. We are having our 4th heatwave here, so we will be inside . Our dogs still love to go out and sun themselves. Since I can’t go workout for at least 2 weeks, I may finish up my quilt. I should also take our pug to the vet for her laser treatment . This has really helped her joints. She does not limp anymore.
Stay cool

Simply Quilting
September 4th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Good Morning! It was a busy and wet weekend. Saturday was my class reunion. It in many ways was a sad turn out as there were only 18 classmates out of a class of 92 (only 2 have passed away). For those of us who did come, it was a very nice time to visit with classmates. Some wondered if social media has changed the fact that many are able to keep up with who they want and don't see any reason to meet in person. For some who still live in the same town, they see no reason to go to the reunion.

Sunday was just a day to relax and enjoy the rain. I didn't even make it to the sewing room.

Yesterday, I worked on cutting out an I Spy fabric for little one a quilt. Then cut out the background rectangles for another quilt.

Today there are errands to be ran. I am probably going to start packing the items I need for the retreat and start a stack in a corner of stuff that I am planning on taking to the retreat. With everything that is going on this month, I better get things done while I can and starting early hopefully means I don't forget anything.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)

chelea
September 4th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Katrina, last winter I fed one squirrel a handful of walnuts every day. I'd put them out in a certain spot on the deck and sure enough, around 2pm he/she would come around. My family thought I was nuts myself. They said I shouldn't do it because I was enabling him and I'd have to keep it up forever. Well, when spring came and things turned green the little guy disappeared. So he was able to take care of himself. Wonder if he'll be back this winter. It all started with a Halloween jack o lantern that was left on the deck...apparently squirrels like pumpkin seeds too.

MissMay
September 4th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Oh Ginny you can't be in the retirement mode so early, the one good thing about working was you always knew what day it was. I've been retired about 20 years and use the calendar on my computer tp check the date.

Quiet Labor Day weekend, traffic to The Shore kept us close to home, shopped a bit and then had lunch at a local diner.

KPH
September 4th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Michelle, there's at least three that show up here. We can tell those three apart- 1 has what looks like a boil on it's shoulder, 1 has a growth under it's neck and on it's right arm, the last one looks 'normal' with a dark gray ring around it's nose. We'll see if they come back to clean up the mess they've left on the deck.

The birds are flying down to the ground, so some of their food must be down there. We just can't enjoy watching them there.