PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Died This Morning :(

JCY
September 1st, 2018, 06:42 PM
Today I was getting ready to go to the nursing home to visit my friend Martha when I got a call that she died this a.m. I already had called the NH & learned she'd made it through the night. But she must have died between 8 & 9 a.m. Her son & DIL went there about 9 a.m. to tell her good-bye before driving back to CA, but she had just died. Many details really worked out for them this week, getting her apt. cleared out by the 31st, keys turned in, items donated to a local thrift store, etc. It was a monumental task in a short amount of time. I'm sad she passed so soon, but I know she's with Jesus in Heaven & free of all her pains & medical problems. She had made arrangements to donate her body to medical science. Some time later she will be cremated, then a memorial service will be planned. I'm thankful I got to spend quality time with her this week. She was 87 y.o. & one of the ladies who was a part of our Lady Bugs group. She will be missed, but we rejoice at her Home going.

Kgrammiecaz
September 1st, 2018, 06:54 PM
I am sorry to hear of your friends death. It is good you spent time with her prior. My dad is on hospice and I went up to Jersey to spend time with him while he was still lucid and before the downward spiral. I have another trip planned, but we just dont know when he will be called back to his creator.

Keep all your good friendship memories close to your heart. Sending virtual hugs.

Anitamae56
September 1st, 2018, 07:00 PM
Joy, I have been reading updates on your friend, you have been such a blessing to her and her family. I am thinking of you and all your kindness and your giving to her.

jjkaiser
September 1st, 2018, 07:26 PM
I am so sorry Joy but I am glad your friend is no longer suffering. Goodbyes are so hard.

grammaterry
September 1st, 2018, 08:12 PM
Oh Joy, so sad for you and so joyous for your friend to get to finally go home to the Lord. Rejoice in her new beginning.

Cathy F
September 1st, 2018, 08:17 PM
Joy I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

nativetexan
September 1st, 2018, 08:19 PM
Her Home Going. I like that. Maybe she will teach quilting up there or learn it if not already an avid quilter. just think, a quilt made with fluffy clouds.:icon_woohoo:

KPH
September 1st, 2018, 08:29 PM
Joy, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a close friend. I'm glad you got to spend time with her. I'm thankful her son hadn't started the drive home. They've had a hard week and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Patty J
September 1st, 2018, 08:35 PM
Adding my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to be happy and sad at the same time. But good that all of you got to spend some time with her. May you all be surrounded by Love and Tender Care.

Hulamoon
September 1st, 2018, 08:43 PM
So sorry, it''s hard to lose someone. ((hugs))

Rhonda K
September 1st, 2018, 08:47 PM
I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like a special lady and was blessed to share your friendship. May you and her family have comfort and peace at this time.

Mimi_Howard
September 1st, 2018, 09:01 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. ((Hugs))

Cokie
September 1st, 2018, 09:46 PM
Joy, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing, but rejoicing that she is no longer suffering. It's still hard for those left behind even when we understand she's in a better place. Sending prayers for comfort and a hug for you.

chelea
September 1st, 2018, 09:55 PM
I'm so sorry Joy. It's good that you were able to comfort her during her last days on earth. She will be smiling down on you for being such a good friend, that's for sure.

JaniceR
September 1st, 2018, 10:04 PM
Joy, I am so sorry for your loss. She was blessed to have you for a friend.

Judy, USMC
September 1st, 2018, 10:09 PM
Adding my condolences to the others.

KarenC
September 1st, 2018, 10:15 PM
So sorry for the loss of your friend. It's great that you were able to be there for her when she needed you.

pcbatiks
September 1st, 2018, 10:42 PM
Thinking of you Joy. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

laura44
September 1st, 2018, 10:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. Yes, she is pain free and happy now.

Simply Quilting
September 1st, 2018, 11:11 PM
Joy, so sorry for your loss.

sewbizzy
September 2nd, 2018, 12:03 AM
Joy, I am so to hear of your friend's passing...she is now free of pain...you were a good griend

Carlie Wolf
September 2nd, 2018, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss JCY. My prayers are with you and her family.

JulieC
September 2nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. What a blessing you were able to spend time with her before she passed. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Ginny B
September 2nd, 2018, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear the news about your friend. I am glad you got to spend some time with her this week.

Tracie T
September 2nd, 2018, 09:29 AM
Prayers for you, Joy and her family.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 2nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Joy, I am sorry for the loss of a dear friend. It's never an easy transition, but you are fortunate to have spent time with her over the many years. There will be many good memories for all to remember her.

Hugs and condolences to you and her family.

Nwmnteacher
September 2nd, 2018, 10:56 AM
Joy, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing, but as you said, she's with the Lord now. I'm sure her family appreciates what a good friend you were to her, taking her to activities, and spending time with her. You were a blessing to her.

Jeanne

cv quilter
September 2nd, 2018, 11:11 AM
Joy, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. It's so difficult to lose someone you love, friend or family. We just lost a dear friend of 20 years on Friday. She lost her husband (our friend) 2 months ago and just didn't have any fight left in her for the medical issues she was facing.

I hope you will at least find comfort in knowing your sadness is shared by others here. Your friend is at peace

MissMay
September 2nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Sad News indeed but she's Resting In Peace now.

geegeequilts
September 2nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
So sorry to hear this but happy that you were able to spend time with her. You were a good friend.

Gina

Bubby
September 2nd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Joy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but so glad to know she's in Heaven. My prayers are with you and her family....Hugs.

JCY
September 2nd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts & condolences. It means a lot!

jesuisdiana
September 2nd, 2018, 04:47 PM
So sorry for your loss

Carolyn
September 2nd, 2018, 06:05 PM
True friends, precious memories.

Navy Wife
September 2nd, 2018, 06:35 PM
I feel your pain at losing a good friend. My BFF died on Mother's Day. It is hard to lose a dear friend, but so comforting to know they are in a wonderful place, and we will see them again someday.

Star lover
September 3rd, 2018, 08:25 AM
Joy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Thankful you were able to spend time with her and that she is now with the Lord.

CraftyJnet
September 3rd, 2018, 04:58 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Friends are precious and it hurts to lose one.

dwil23
September 4th, 2018, 04:38 AM
((((HUGS))))

SallyO'Sews
September 4th, 2018, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Joy, but am glad you had the opportunity to spend some quality time with Martha. Praying for all those whose lives she touched.

GuitarGramma
September 5th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Dear Joy - You were such a good friend to Martha. Thank you for letting us know that she has gone home. May the love of God bring you—and Martha's family—comfort in your loss.