PDA

View Full Version : Happy September Long Weekend

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 1st, 2018, 11:19 AM
Good morning everyone,

It's a nice sunny day in Canada's capital. Temperatures are expected to rise again over the next few weeks, but hoping there is no humidity. There were some confirmed tornadoes in the countryside this week, but the rain was quite welcome.

Yesterday, I quilted my girlfriend's 3 dudes quilt, which measures 103" square, at a LQS. I am getting much better at using the HQ Amara. I will rent it again in the next few months to quilt the king-size Quatrefoil xmas quilt.

Today will be a rest day at home, with household chores. My feet and hands are killing me. I was determined to get it done before the store closed at 5, which I did. Then I drove home an hour away. I was beat. DH took me out for dinner, and although it was good, I had little appetite. Good leftovers for today. DH has gone gliding, as weather is good. I will drop off my mom's laundry, bananas, and tomatoes from our garden.

Have a good long weekend everyone.

JCY
September 1st, 2018, 11:21 AM
Hey, Suzanne ~ We were posting at the same time! :)

KPH
September 1st, 2018, 12:58 PM
Great minds posting together. I was grocery shopping in my pajamas... in the house, not in public!

Mike and I were at KFC one day last week, there was a middle aged lady in her underwear and a tee shirt knit robe...open no less. I was mortified, don't know how she was breathing with her sports bra and drawers soooooooooooo tight! Muffin top doesn't even begin to describe the sight! It makes me shudder thinking about it! What's wrong with people these days!

Anyway, Suzanne, I know you're glad to have that project off of your to do list. You'll be able to enjoy your left overs today.

The squirrel was doing his crunch- hanging from his hind feet on the brick bird feeder, curling up to the bird food, then rolling back down to eat, this morning. Only thing, he managed to get one foot on the door to the feeder and pulled it open. He fell and the remaining part of the brick fell to the ground with a dull kerthunk. What a sight to see, he didn't even realize the food was on the ground. He climbed back up searching for it. Now both of the bird food feeders are empty, and the one with squirrel food is full. We'll see if they'll figure out they like that corn and nut mixture or not.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 1st, 2018, 05:15 PM
Great minds posting together. I was grocery shopping in my pajamas... in the house, not in public!

Mike and I were at KFC one day last week, there was a middle aged lady in her underwear and a tee shirt knit robe...open no less. I was mortified, don't know how she was breathing with her sports bra and drawers soooooooooooo tight! Muffin top doesn't even begin to describe the sight! It makes me shudder thinking about it! What's wrong with people these days!

Anyway, Suzanne, I know you're glad to have that project off of your to do list. You'll be able to enjoy your left overs today.

The squirrel was doing his crunch- hanging from his hind feet on the brick bird feeder, curling up to the bird food, then rolling back down to eat, this morning. Only thing, he managed to get one foot on the door to the feeder and pulled it open. He fell and the remaining part of the brick fell to the ground with a dull kerthunk. What a sight to see, he didn't even realize the food was on the ground. He climbed back up searching for it. Now both of the bird food feeders are empty, and the one with squirrel food is full. We'll see if they'll figure out they like that corn and nut mixture or not.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Oh my. That must have been quite the sight at KFC. I don't know - some people just have no boundaries / standards of dress code when out in public.

Our black squirrel was hanging off the large sunflower, but I thumped on the window. I know he will be back. He is very persistent.