PDA

View Full Version : TGI Friday

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 31st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Good morning ladies,
It's going to be another beautiful sunny and cool day. I'm all packed up and ready for the drive to LQS an hour away to quilt my friend's 3 dudes quilt. It's a big one at 103"x103".

Yesterday was coolish also. I had lunch with my mom, her caregiver, and my son. We had chinese food from a local restaurant. My mom just scarfed it down. They don't often get chinese food, so it was a treat. Then I went with my son to his eye appointment. His vision is very good, but he does have an astigmatism in his left eye and needs corrective lenses. We picked out several frames, but since there is a long wait for them, he will get them next week. He thought he might have needed them for a physical on Tuesday, but his vision is better than expected. I am glad but I will push him to get the glasses.

I did get to sewing room, to iron some pants and start on the bag of my daughter's alterations. I also put away the fabrics that I got on my trip to Kansas.

Gotta run and get cleaned up. Have a safe day. Stay cool. Stay dry.

KPH
August 31st, 2018, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Suzanne and all who follow.

Yesterday was really productive. Mike and I put the sofa together, broke my toe, got the cabinets Dad made situated and started bringing back the things that have been cluttering up my sewing room. Breathing a sigh of relief here. It was driving me nuts not being able to do anything in there.

I'll need to take my time setting up the cabinets to make sure the things Jonathan will need will be easily accessed. We still have the wall stuff to deal with, rug (didn't find anything yesterday), and TV to hang in there.

Jim brought the kids last night so he could go to practice at church. He said, we've gone from too much stuff on the walls to not enough stuff on the walls. lol, geez give me a break! It's not done yet!

Kaylyn's quilt is done at the long armers, so Mike and I are going to pick it up today. I'll pick up some background and border material for the baby quilt for the shower at church. I'm hoping my accelerator foot doesn't protest too much. There's a two week window to get this quilt pieced, sandwiched and quilted. Who knows how much the kids will be here in that time?

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
August 31st, 2018, 09:15 AM
Went to town yesterday to lunch with mil and had a good day. Picked up the old sewing machine from repair. He couldn't fix it. Said the part he thought he could use wouldn't fix and a new part was $300 plus $200 labor and I nixed that idea. I looked on ebay and could buy a working machine just like it with little use for $200 including shipping. He said he would do that. I told him I didn't need the machine...just thought it would be nice to have it in good shape. It still goes forward and backward with a straight stitch...so..oh well.
Got my hair cut, went to Sams Club and got a new battery for the convertible Falcon, got some new gold fish for the pond to start replacing the ones the blue heron ate, all in all...a good day.

KarenC
August 31st, 2018, 10:15 AM
Yesterday was bittersweet. It was my last day as primary daycare provider for my DGD. Now, I get to watch her when I want, as long as i'm willing to drive the distance to go get her. We'll see how long I last. Walked 3 miler pushing the stroller in the morning, and wore us both out. She took a nice long nap. Afterwards, I came home and finished all I could on a t shirt quilt, just waiting on fabric for the border to arrive.

baslp
August 31st, 2018, 10:38 AM
Hello. I have been a lurker for a long time and finally decided to join this daily thread. I live just outside of Philly. We were in our 3rd heat wave now we have clouds and showers. I am recovering from Gallbladder surgery so very little activity for me. I hope to see a bit on a quilt I am making for my sister.

Bubby
August 31st, 2018, 11:13 AM
Hello. I have been a lurker for a long time and finally decided to join this daily thread. I live just outside of Philly. We were in our 3rd heat wave now we have clouds and showers. I am recovering from Gallbladder surgery so very little activity for me. I hope to see a bit on a quilt I am making for my sister.

Hello and welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us. I hope you feel wonderful soon. Gallbladders can be buggers.

Claire Hallman
August 31st, 2018, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Suzanne and all who follow.

Yesterday was really productive. Mike and I put the sofa together, broke my toe

Oh no! I did that recently and just iced it, put it back in place then taped it. Big mistake, I should have had a doctor put it back in the right place then taped it. I am healing in the wrong place [not too far off] but it is taking way longer than it should have and still bothering me a bit two months plus later. Please make sure it is set correctly.:icon_hi:

Sorry about that gall bladder, hope you are better quickly.

I am looking forward to a long weekend of sewing, fmq, and cutting.
It is beautiful outside this morning but surely will heat up later on and drive me inside. Going for a pedicure later, hopefully to temporarily cure an ingrown toenail I have too much planned for the next two months to get it really fixed by the podiatrist. Since I am going to Paducah in a couple of weeks I need good feet.

Ginny B
August 31st, 2018, 12:07 PM
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone. It has been a busy morning so far. I've been to Hobby Lobby and also have done a bunch of laundry. It is a nice cool day here so far. That means it will be comfortable up in my sewing room. That's where I am headed next. I've got some hooded towels to get done and a few other things too so I'm going to get a move on.

Have a great day everyone

JCY
August 31st, 2018, 01:30 PM
Good Morning, All ~ I'm late today. Had no time at 6 a.m. This a.m. was DH's med. procedure. I did laundry & have a pot of Anasazi beans cooked, ready to be dished up into the freezer containers.

Yest. I visited my friend at the nsg. home. She's having to share a room with another patient. They were just getting her up in the w/c as I arrived. I met her son. I wheeled her outside so we could enjoy the yard & visit without interruptions. I thought her color seemed a bit better. Her voice is very weak; I struggled to hear her.

Then to Walmart for a few items. I bought a full/queen fleece blanket. The edges just are serged now--no bindings. I bought 2 pkgs. of satin binding -- cost more than the blanket! The blanket is what I washed this a.m. to get the chemical smell out. I have it out on the line airing in the sun. As I find time, I'll stitch on the binding.

I accomplished more FMQ on the Noah's Ark panel quilt. It's been time consuming because I'm doing custom quilting rather than an all-over.

Well, I better go get those beans dished up. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Simply Quilting
August 31st, 2018, 06:20 PM
Good afternoon! Little one is currently having fun "helping" Nanna make apple dumplings. I think his favorite part is eating the apples that he has been allowed to eat.

It started raining early this morning but stopped for a while. The thunder makes it sound like more rain is on the way. We could still use rain but slow and gentle would be best so it can soak into the ground.

I am hoping to finish the binding on a table runner this weekend. I am considering a new quilt project to start. Hopefully, once I get home I can start getting the fabric around and cutting the blocks out this weekend. I will just bag it up and work on sewing it at the retreat.

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone :)

SuzanneOrleansOntario
September 1st, 2018, 11:04 AM

Welcome to the forum. If you had what I call the 4-hole-poke gallbladder surgery, you should be good to go in no time. I had it done in my mid thirties when it was a new procedure, and was back to normal in short time. Happy sewing.