PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Greetings!

JCY
August 30th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Ahh, clear blue skies yest. So nice to not see that haze. It warmed up to 93 deg.

My annual physical went well. A1C still the same at 6.1. No change in Rx. My RBCs & Hematocrit were a bit low, so she had them draw for an iron level. She said all my dental work could have been a factor. Then it was on to the groc. store to get salmon & a few items. Cut up 2 large filets, so DH is set for the next mo. He eats salmon every day for lunch.

My friend was transferred to the nursing home yest. I might try to go to see her today. When I went her on Mon. she was worried about what would happen to all the stuff in her apt. I joked with her & said, "You haven't ever seen a hearse pulling a U-Haul, have you? You can't take it with you!" I told her not to worry about it. Her son would take care of things for her.

I had some problems with my Tiara. It kept dropping stitches. After changing needles & thread, I concluded it didn't like that particular Signature cotton thread. The quilting went fine with the Glide. I did quite a bit of FMQ yest.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 30th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Good morning Joy and all who follow today,
Ahhh, what a welcome relief this morning. It is quite cool after the thunderstorms, rain and tornado warnings yesterday. They are checking out for actual tornadoes east of here, as there was a lot of damage, some barns gone, trees uprooted. This will last only a few days before e heat returns.

Today I will visit my mom and have lunch with the caregiver I hired when I was away. I didn't get much done yesterday, trying to recover from the day before. DIL & step son are expecting to go home with the new grandson, Michael. They don't keep them very long, even after a c-section.

Later I will go to the sewing room to pick the thread and make bobbins for my girlfriend's 3 dudes quilt. I have rented the long arm tomorrow. I hope my legs don't cramp up like they have been. I am icing it now. Then I am hoping for a quiet long weekend and make plans for my mom's 95th birthday. I think I will keep it low key.

Have a good day everyone. Stay dry. Stay cool. Stay safe. Prayers for those who are in need of comfort.

KPH
August 30th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Joy and Suzanne,

Ginny posted too this morning.

Joy, I could really picture the U-Haul behind the hearse. I need to get busy and finish labeling all of the 'stuff' I've kept that belonged to the grandparents and great grandparents. Lord knows, my boys will probably call the Salvation Army and tell them to just come get everything! I guess at that point, I won't care anyway.

The poor birds are having to wait every morning for the little squirrels to have their fill. Mike and I've decided to not put any more seed bricks out for a while. Even bossy Mr. Cardinal can't convince the baby squirrels to leave.

Time to get started, we'll have to decide on plan for the furniture today. Hopefully, we'll have time to hunt for a rug, Mike doesn't want to try to move the rug from the living room to the little room, so I'll let him win this one. I'm not so sure I want to try to move it either.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
August 30th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Getting rid of "stuff" ~ I was thinking about this today. I know I need to start sorting through my "stuff". Probably most of it our kids don't want. No one lives in Colo., so it would mean mailing/shipping items to their homes. It seems this generation is not interested in things that were meaningful to our generation. I have some very old dishes that my mother passed down to me that were from her mom & grandma. A couple items are >100 y.o. I have them on display in my hutch. I have a lot of items of genealogical meaning as well. I remember several yrs. ago there was a large dumpster parked at a neighbor's house. All kinds of good items were getting pitched in there. The woman had been placed in a nursing home. So sad to see that. Why didn't they at least donate the usable items to the local thrift store? Sorting is one of those jobs that just keeps getting pushed off to a future day. I know I need to make a start. Oh, but I'd rather be sewing or quilting!

Simply Quilting
August 30th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good Morning! Yesterday was a whirlwind of meetings and activities. On Tuesday night as I was working on the charity quilt, I discovered the 4 custom paw prints (to be used for the corner blocks) were not all the same size. This in addition to finding that I had sewn two blocks upside down that had already been sashed, caused me to put the quilt away and have some supper. I did get the blocks turned right side up and sew back into place. As far as the corner blocks because they are custom made prints, I took them back to the store yesterday and the lady is going to swap me out those and reorder so I have 4 that are the same size. I have a couple of things that I can work on until the blocks come in. So the plan is to have everything ready so that once the blocks arrive, I can add them to the rows and sew on the rows. As far as the border, we are waiting on the fabric to be approved so it can be printed. If the university doesn't approve the design (they have to because of trademarks), my LAQ has a backup plan to spruce up the plain black border that I would be using.

Friends of ours have a new baby so we stopped by the hospital and visited with them for a minute. He looks so tiny next to our 21 month old. Then it was off to the orthodontist to get an evaluation on two of the children. Yikes! what an expense it is going to be to have two in braces at the same time. I think my quilting budget is about to become very small for next year. Thankfully, I do have a stash that I can work on.

I think that I am going to work on getting some background fabric cut out today for a project.

Have a great Thursday everyone :)