PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday

Ginny B
August 29th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Good morning all. Well today I will get to spend some time with my sis. Her hubby is going to spend some time with a couple of his friends that he hasn't been able to see in quite a few months and so Karen and I planned some "sisty" time. It has been a long time since we've gotten to spend time together. Not sure just what we will do. I know we will have some brunch and then we will figure out what direction we want to go. I have a feeling we may just come back to my house and just hang out and chat and maybe do a bit of ancestry stuff. DH will be bbq'ing some burgers for us for dinner so neither of us have to cook tonight. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing day.

Time to go get a few things done around here before heading out. Be well all. Keep cool if you are dealing with this heat wave. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

JCY
August 29th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning, All ~ We definitely had a hint of Fall yest. with the cooler temps. But back to 90 today & for the next few days.

Yest. I went to visit my 87 y.o. friend in the hosp. Oh my, what a difference from a week or so ago when I last saw her. Her color was pale & she is so weak. (Bad heart & lungs.) Her son from CA was supposed to arrive late yest. There was supposed to be a meeting with the drs. & case mgr. They're talking about hospice. After my visit with her, I went to Walmart, the bakery, & got Chipotle's lunch to bring home. I did more quilting on the Noah's Ark panel quilt.

I have my annual physical this a.m. No more time now.

KPH
August 29th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday, Mike and I finished two walls, and primed the other two. Today, we want to finish painting. I think between coats, we might go check out three furniture stores that are close by. I'd like to get a sleeper sofa to put in there. Depending on the size of that unknown, I'll figure out where I want to put the big white cabinets that my Dad made for me. I'd like to take the rug out of the TV side of the great room out and put it in there, too. The final piece will be a new ceiling fan. The one in there is nice, but it hangs down so low! It really needs to be a flush mount and white!

I really like the yellow in there. The rest of the house is all gray or blue. This room for the kiddos is bright and cheery. The color reminds me of my Grandma Phillips's kitchen. With the two big white cabinets, it really does have touches like her kitchen. Great memories there. Anyway, I'm loving it!

Joy, I'm so sorry for your friend. It seems like things are a lot worse that her family realized. I hope they find a solution that will satisfy everyone.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
August 29th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Morning Everyone,

Joy, I'm sorry to hear your friend's health is failing. Hospice can be a real blessing to the patient and the family. I hope her family can give her some comfort.

Katrina, I love the warm yellow of your sewing room. I think it will be easy to live with. I wish I could paint my sewing room.

It's going to be hot today but they tell us to expect thunderstorms for most of the day.

The little Girls are napping and Dot and I are hanging out in my sewing room. I need a nice slow day. Yesterday and Monday were really hectic, so it's time to shift gears. I may go through some fabric containers today and start to think a little about Christmas.

Ginny, have a great day with your Sis!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!

KPH
August 29th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

Joy, I'm sorry to hear your friend's health is failing. Hospice can be a real blessing to the patient and the family. I hope her family can give her some comfort.

Katrina, I love the warm yellow of your sewing room. I think it will be easy to live with. I wish I could paint my sewing room.

It's going to be hot today but they tell us to expect thunderstorms for most of the day.

The little Girls are napping and Dot and I are hanging out in my sewing room. I need a nice slow day. Yesterday and Monday were really hectic, so it's time to shift gears. I may go through some fabric containers today and start to think a little about Christmas.

Ginny, have a great day with your Sis!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!

Barb, this is Howard's den that I'm changing into the play/ homeschool room for the grandkids. The stuff in my sewing room is all stuff from out of those big cabinets. It's all going to get straightened out by Labor Day, lol, I hope!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 29th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Good morning ladies,
I agree with everyone so far, and I need a quieter day today. Monday turned out busier than planned.

Yesterday, my GF came from out of town and we made a batch of Sweet Garlic Dill pickles - 20 large jars. We usually do more for her but this will have to do given both of our busy schedules. Then DH and I went to the hospital to visit to meet our newest grandson, Michael William. He sill carry the family name. He was born c-section at 8:30 am, and since he was distressed, they had him on nose respirator for a few hours until he cleared his lungs. He weighed 7lbs 12.9 oz. A cutie. Here's 3 of 4 generations. 154735

(This is a RANT, so you can skip it) Then I went to dinner with 2 GFs. We went to our usually good place. Well they dropped the ball on everything. It was 30 mins before we got our drinks. My friends ordered a side salad and never got it. Our meal came an hour later. One GF food was steaming hot, the other and mine was completely cold as if it had been in a fridge, so we sent it back. Waiter apologized normally if there's an issue in kitchen they let you know. It seemed like they were scrambling to wait on tables in the restaurant, bar and patio. Then the manager came, sat down, and tried to make excuses. We found this condescending. It made us even more p..ed off. Then our food came, my 2nd med-rare steak was rare, almost blue. But since I had to wait, I don't mind a good rare steak, I enjoyed it. I did get the baked patatoes separately 25 mins before. Then the waiter offered dessert. It was 2 hours after we got there, so we declined. Had to search for any waiter to get our bill. Agreed by all, no or minimal tip. When we got our bill, we only had to pay for wine. It still didn't make up for bad service. So this place is off our go-to list for awhile, maybe for good. Sad because DH and I love their steaks.

Today we are waiting for security to install new contacts in the doors that were replaced last week. Then maybe will go to sewing room to tackle some of the alterations needed. I hope they show up soon.

Friday I have reserved the HQ Amara at a LQS to wuilt my GF's 3 dudes quilt. I didn't tell her, so it will be a surprise as I said I couldn't do it before September.

Have a good day everyone. Stay dry. stay cool and be safe.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 29th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Here it comes. Those dark clouds looming over the past few days have opened up. Lots of roaring going on.

Let's hope when it's all done that the heat and humidity are gone.

UPDATE : our area is under servere thunderstorm/rain / high wind warnings. South of us tornado warnings in place. The cats have already taken cover.

KarenC
August 29th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Well the rain storms have arrived here too. This is good, since everything was looking dry, even with the sprinkler system. DD and I were out with the baby shopping and stopped at Panera's to eat. Shortly after the clouds let loose. Home now and baby is down for a nap so all is good. I needed some green fabric for sashing and binding on a t shirt quilt. Found the perfect match at Hobby Lobby on sale, and it was 108" wide so no seams on the side sashing before the border. Yay! Now I can finish trimming the shirts to size and start sewing the quilt together this weekend.

Joy, sorry about your friend. Hopefully they can manage her pain through the end.

Anitamae56
August 29th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Good morning ladies,
I agree with everyone so far, and I need a quieter day today. Monday turned out busier than planned.

Yesterday, my GF came from out of town and we made a batch of Sweet Garlic Dill pickles - 20 large jars. We usually do more for her but this will have to do given both of our busy schedules. Then DH and I went to the hospital to visit to meet our newest grandson, Michael William. He sill carry the family name. He was born c-section at 8:30 am, and since he was distressed, they had him on nose respirator for a few hours until he cleared his lungs. He weighed 7lbs 12.9 oz. A cutie. Here's 3 of 4 generations. 154735

(This is a RANT, so you can skip it) Then I went to dinner with 2 GFs. We went to our usually good place. Well they dropped the ball on everything. It was 30 mins before we got our drinks. My friends ordered a side salad and never got it. Our meal came an hour later. One GF food was steaming hot, the other and mine was completely cold as if it had been in a fridge, so we sent it back. Waiter apologized normally if there's an issue in kitchen they let you know. It seemed like they were scrambling to wait on tables in the restaurant, bar and patio. Then the manager came, sat down, and tried to make excuses. We found this condescending. It made us even more p..ed off. Then our food came, my 2nd med-rare steak was rare, almost blue. But since I had to wait, I don't mind a good rare steak, I enjoyed it. I did get the baked patatoes separately 25 mins before. Then the waiter offered dessert. It was 2 hours after we got there, so we declined. Had to search for any waiter to get our bill. Agreed by all, no or minimal tip. When we got our bill, we only had to pay for wine. It still didn't make up for bad service. So this place is off our go-to list for awhile, maybe for good. Sad because DH and I love their steaks.

Today we are waiting for security to install new contacts in the doors that were replaced last week. Then maybe will go to sewing room to tackle some of the alterations needed. I hope they show up soon.

Friday I have reserved the HQ Amara at a LQS to wuilt my GF's 3 dudes quilt. I didn't tell her, so it will be a surprise as I said I couldn't do it before September.

Have a good day everyone. Stay dry. stay cool and be safe.

Oh the baby so pretty, Daddy and grandfather look very happy , congratulations! I really like the name, I have a Michael Wayne.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 30th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Oh the baby so pretty, Daddy and grandfather look very happy , congratulations! I really like the name, I have a Michael Wayne.

My DH is also Michael Lloyd. His great grand-nephew is Michael Andrew.