PDA

View Full Version : Update On Dottie

Bubby
August 28th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Today was Dottie's appointment for her shots and a check-up for her heart failure. She got a pretty good report....she lost a little over a pound, her murmur isn't better but at least it's not worse. This is the first time it wasn't been worse. Her breathing and heartbeat were in the normal range. I was told to continue to do whatever it is I do to take care of her. Tom thinks the pups are giving her some spunk back.

Dottie has recently started taking an active role in helping me keep the little ones in line a little. When Dottie lays down the law you should see how quickly two little Westies can get humble. She has never harmed either of the pups but she knows how to communicate with them with growling, barking and dog talk. When Dottie speaks they listen.

So the fun continues.....

Simply Quilting
August 28th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I'm glad she had a good vet visit. And very happy to hear that she is able to help keep the pups in line.

pcbatiks
August 28th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Happy to hear that Dottie had a good checkup. I think those pups are keeping her active and feeling young!

Cathy F
August 28th, 2018, 06:14 PM
So glad she's doing well, can't wait to meet the girl's only about 4 more weeks so excited!

grammaterry
August 28th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Think about our own lives, if we just lay down and give up we get worse. We all need a reason to keep going and the babies are always a great motivater

Cokie
August 28th, 2018, 06:19 PM
So happy Dottie is doing well! I've been wondering how she is doing with the puppies. Sounds like she's picked right up on being a good big sister. Thanks for sharing. Maybe the puppies are as good for her as she is for them.

Carlie Wolf
August 28th, 2018, 06:35 PM
I think it's great when you have a female dog around with the mother instincts. It really does help with puppy behavior. Although Carlie doesn't care for adult dogs we could put her in with puppies at the shelter. She had tremendous patience with them but did know when to let them know enough was enough. It's fun to watch and you can learn a lot from it. I'm glad Dottie is doing ok.

dwil23
August 28th, 2018, 06:38 PM
So good to hear!!!! I agree the little ones are good for her :-)

Give them all big (((HUGS))) for me!

Astatoo
August 28th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Barb that is so good to hear!

KPH
August 28th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Yay! So happy that she's doing well.

Navy Wife
August 28th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Sounds like Dottie has found a new reason to get better! I'm so glad.

MaggieSue
August 28th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Good to hear!!!

Tracie T
August 28th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear a good report on your Dottie. I bet it's just adorable seeing her and the pups interact. I just love dogs.

Hulamoon
August 28th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Happy family, happy and healthy life!

LLLinda
August 28th, 2018, 10:19 PM
I've thought about her often. Dottie is serious about her new job as nanny. I had an older papillon that helped me with a young one on housebreaking. Also every time she saw him doing something he shouldn't she would grab him by the ear and straighten him right out. The new babies give us such joy and evidently the older dogs too.

cv quilter
August 28th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Wish we had your little Westies here! Sounds like they are good for Dottie and her MOTHER instincts. Our little Snickers might benefit, too, with the addition of the mothering of little ones. Nice post, Barb. Fun to read.

geegeequilts
August 29th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Barb, sounds like Dottie has taken on 2 roles...one of Big Sis & Mama's little assistant. Love all 3 little ladies & love that Dot is feeling good. Can you post some group shots soon?

Gina

Bubby
August 29th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Barb, sounds like Dottie has taken on 2 roles...one of Big Sis & Mama's little assistant. Love all 3 little ladies & love that Dot is feeling good. Can you post some group shots soon?

Gina

I will try...it's really hard to get pictures of the pups because they never stop running/jumping, climbing. I will try.

Iris Girl
August 29th, 2018, 04:01 PM
So happy to here Dottie feeling better and taking an active role in mama's helper!

MissMay
August 29th, 2018, 05:21 PM
3 CHEERS FOR DOTTIE, her health report is good and her help controlling the pups is great.

geegeequilts
August 30th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Barb
You may have to resort to a video. Just think, they may be in the movies & become big stars, lol. You know I love those girls.

Gina

Ginny B
August 30th, 2018, 04:46 PM
So happy to hear that! I bet the pups are contributing to her spunk. :)