PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear it...

KPH
August 28th, 2018, 04:09 PM
I don't want to hear it, my sewing room is 10xs worse than anyone else's could ever be...154708

Of course, there's a good reason....154709 My helper, so photogenic, huh!

Two walls are done, spackled, primed, and painted 2 coats. 154710

Now to let them dry so we can move the furniture to the other corner of the room.

PS- if you're wondering how we got all this done keeping the grandkids.... well they never showed up and nobody called. So after lunch Mike and I got started with the paint. I'm working off some frustration. I hope my son doesn't call on the way home! He's liable to get an ear full!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 28th, 2018, 04:19 PM
It's getting done, and it will be great. Nothing beats frustration or a deadline as a fuse to light the fire, and get things done.

KarenC
August 28th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I hope it helps, if not, at least you got the walls done! Now if Jim is smart, he won't say that when he calls.

Caroline T.
August 28th, 2018, 04:50 PM
All I see is wonderful progress!

When it comes to YOUR space, there is no time clock. Take your time, do it your way and at your pace. Enjoy the process and you'll love the results in the end!

I started my room in April...hope to have the last of the painting done this weekend (just a bit of trim and one door to do still).

KPH
August 28th, 2018, 08:49 PM
All I see is wonderful progress!

When it comes to YOUR space, there is no time clock. Take your time, do it your way and at your pace. Enjoy the process and you'll love the results in the end!

I started my room in April...hope to have the last of the painting done this weekend (just a bit of trim and one door to do still).

I've tried Home Advisor, and a neighbor's recommendation. Anybody that knows me, knows I'm not good at waiting on other people to do things. I wanted this finished before we started back home schooling, but it didn't happen. Mike and I ran a couple of errands this afternoon. After we got home, we slid the furniture over and got the primer on the other two walls (and some electrical issues tightened up). Tomorrow morning we can start on painting and this will be the end of me painting in this house. Someone else will have to do the great room/kitchen. I'm too vertically challenged to manage those rooms!

MaggieSue
August 28th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Way to get er done!!! Great work!!! It will be so nice when finished!!!

MHG Winnower
August 29th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Looks like it will be a super space. I've always said, you've gotta sometimes make a mess to make things better! Can't wait to see the finished space.

geegeequilts
August 29th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Maybe your "helper" isn't ready to be famous yet, lol. And if you can get him painting that's great! My "helper" hates to paint.

Gina