PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Bonnie

Monique
August 21st, 2018, 08:08 PM
I got a call today from Bonnie. They have put her in palliative care for NOW. The chemo has not worked and surgery is impossible. Perhaps there is another course of treatment for the surgeon and oncologist to decide.

I am a loss for words and heartbroken. No one knows for sure how long she has. She did ask me to ask you for prayers that she be pain free or at least pain free with meds.

I know you have all been there with us on this journey and we both appreciate your prayers and kind words.

Cokie
August 21st, 2018, 08:14 PM
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this news! Prayers for Bonnie and hugs for you.

Caroline T.
August 21st, 2018, 08:19 PM
Such heartbreaking news. Bonnie will continue to be in my prayers.

LauraP
August 21st, 2018, 08:32 PM
May she rest in the shadow of angels wings while she waits for the doctors decision..

Simply Quilting
August 21st, 2018, 09:25 PM
So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for Bonnie. And a big hug for you.

pcbatiks
August 21st, 2018, 09:32 PM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers continuing.

grammaterry
August 21st, 2018, 09:33 PM
Praying for you Monique. It is so hard to endure the loss of a loving friend and I know you are heartbroken right now.
I got a call today from Bonnie. They have put her in palliative care for NOW. The chemo has not worked and surgery is impossible. Perhaps there is another course of treatment for the surgeon and oncologist to decide.

I am a loss for words and heartbroken. No one knows for sure how long she has. She did ask me to ask you for prayers that she be pain free or at least pain free with meds.

I know you have all been there with us on this journey and we both appreciate your prayers and kind words.

Bouse
August 21st, 2018, 09:34 PM
Prayers for both of you as you support her through this.

Carolnnc
August 21st, 2018, 09:59 PM
Praying for comfort & peace for Bonnie. Praying for your broken heart. Hugs to you both.

JCY
August 21st, 2018, 10:14 PM
Oh no! So sorry to hear this, Monique! How disappointing for both of you & her family. Is Bonnie at home or in a hospice facility? How heartbreaking. I'll keep the prayers going here. We care about you both.

MaggieSue
August 21st, 2018, 10:35 PM
So sorry for this news, I will continue to offer prayers for both!!!

Cathy F
August 21st, 2018, 10:51 PM
Monique, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Both of you will be kept in thought and prayer.

Navy Wife
August 21st, 2018, 10:52 PM
I wish the news had been better. I'll be praying for comfort and peace of mind for both of you.

KPH
August 21st, 2018, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Bonnie. I'll keep her close in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you! She's blessed to have you as her friend.

Kgrammiecaz
August 21st, 2018, 11:00 PM
So very sad to hear. I will add prayers for you and Bonnie. Make more great memories during the good moments.

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2018, 11:14 PM
Continuing the prayers. For Bonnie and each and every one who loves her.

Anitamae56
August 21st, 2018, 11:19 PM
Oh no!! So sad !! Definitely praying for her. And you are in my prayers too. I am so sorry.

KarenC
August 22nd, 2018, 12:19 AM
So sorry for you and Bonnie. Having just gone through this with my friend, I know it is heart wrenching. I pray for both of you and pray that she not have to endure a lot of pain.

jjkaiser
August 22nd, 2018, 01:01 AM
This is so awful I have no words. The doctors certainly ought to be able to keep her pain free if they are unable to do anything else. Hugs to you both. You have been such a true friend and rock to her every step of the way, and I know this is just wrenching for you.

GuitarGramma
August 22nd, 2018, 01:52 AM
Dear Monique,

You are such a good friend. I will most certainly pray for Bonnie. Thank you for letting us know how she'd like us to focus our prayers.

shermur
August 22nd, 2018, 03:08 AM
Prayers for Bonnie.....

Judy, USMC
August 22nd, 2018, 03:15 AM
Prayers for Bonnie and those who are precious to her.

As long as she lets her caretakers know her pain level I'm sure they will make her comfortable. Went through this with my SIL and the meds are a blessing.

Monique
August 22nd, 2018, 06:16 AM
Oh no! So sorry to hear this, Monique! How disappointing for both of you & her family. Is Bonnie at home or in a hospice facility? How heartbreaking. I'll keep the prayers going here. We care about you both.

She is in hospital in a special wing for palliative care for NOW!!

Star lover
August 22nd, 2018, 07:15 AM
Oh Monique......my heart aches for you, Bonnie and her family. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. May you all find comfort and peace. Love and hugs!

JulieC
August 22nd, 2018, 07:28 AM
So sorry to hear about Bonnie, sending prayers ...

MRoy
August 22nd, 2018, 08:54 AM
Prayers for Bonnie and for you.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 22nd, 2018, 08:58 AM
I am sorry Monique. It is really difficult to see a close friend go through these stages, and now palliative care. I will keep her in my prayers, so that she is not in pain. I will keep you in my thoughts. It's not easy.

I trust that her children will be able to spend some time with her in this stage.

Rhonda K
August 22nd, 2018, 09:36 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your Bonnie.

MissMay
August 22nd, 2018, 10:26 AM
So sad to hear. She's been putting forth brave effort for so long and you've been at her side through it all. Praying for both of you.

JaniceR
August 22nd, 2018, 11:32 AM
Monique, I am so very sorry. I will continue to pray for Bonnie, you and all that love her.

Ginny B
August 22nd, 2018, 11:42 AM
So sorry to hear that news Monique. I will certainly keep Bonnie and her family and also you in my thoughts and prayers.

geegeequilts
August 22nd, 2018, 02:45 PM
Monique
I am sorry to hear this. I was so hoping things would improve for her. Will be sending extra prayers that she can be given the strongest pain meds she can stand. I truly hope she can be pain free with them or that the pain is bearable. Bonnie & you have been in my thoughts & prayers for a while. You've been a wonderful friend for her & I know your heart is heavy with latest. God will be with you both & families. Take care.

Gina

Bubby
August 23rd, 2018, 08:44 AM
So sorry to hear this, Monique. It's a sad day when you hear those words. My love, hugs and prayers for both of you.