• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Oh Monday you have arrived

Well good morning friends. This will be my last week posting for a while. We leave on vacation Saturday and there is no internet at the campground so my posts will be when I can.

I FINALLY got THE quilt finished. I will deliver it today to its forever home. YIPPEE!! I will try and get a picture later. I have also taken care of my Lionettes things before I go.

So yesterday we headed to Pembroke so I could get my phone changed from Telus to Koodo. Got a sweet deal. The only thing I don't have is data, which is fine. I don't get cell phone reception here so the phone is mainly for on the road anyways. $15 month unlimited texting + 500 anytime minutes for an extra $20. They gave me an extra 100 minutes when I signed up plus a 10% discount because I used my credit card. From there it was a trip to Walmart for a few things we need for our trip. Then off on a little road trip to an Indian Reserve for cheap cigarettes (for Les) and even cheaper gas (for me) and then home again. After supper I wanted to see if my air mattress was going to fit in the van and it does. Got out the moose tent (camouflage tent) that we are taking. It will work out perfectly to store our 'stuff' in and keep it dry. While we were doing that, might as well take out the middle seat, right? And so it begins. I have a list made of things I don't want to forget but likely will forget something.

And so my work week starts and NO it is not a work/quilting place, just work hahaha.

Have a great day everyone and I WILL miss you all while I am on vacation.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Oh Monday you have arrived

Last edited by Star lover; March 13, 2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. Can't wait to see pictures of the quilt Monique. I am sure the recipient will be thrilled to receive it.

It was a busy weekend around here. Lots of running around on Saturday morning and then yesterday we got the plants in the ground that we had bought on Saturday. After that we got a dozen jars of bread and butter pickles canned. Today I will get the laundry done and spend some time in my sewing room. First it needs to be straightened up and then I can figure out what project is next on the list.

Have a good Monday all.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

This is the second time I've been on the computer this morning. The first time it froze up so I had to restart it. Don't ya' just know, all those.... your computer is out of date, we'll no longer support is ad keeps popping up after I gave DH's computer to DS#1. Oh well, I can afford to shop around for one where as he really has to put it in the budget and plan for it.

Monique, I can't wait to see the quilt you've been working on and I hope you have a great vacation.

Ginny, isn't it fun to check off projects and look forward to the next.

Yesterday afternoon, DS called and was all about starting Jonathan's school today. Well, nothing like notice! Sorry son, I have a dentist appointment today. Then we changed dinner night to Monday, since Monday will be his long day, but not this week because I'm going to the dentist today. Later last night, I thought why are we even starting this week at all, Nandy is having surgery next week and I have to keep all three kids 3 days. There won't be any home school then. I'll bring up starting after Labor Day when the 'retired' school teachers will have all of these delays taken care of.

Well I have a couple of things that need to be finished up today and they're not going to get done if I'm on here. Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort and strength. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A bit chilly this a.m. Only 54 deg. A hint of Fall in the air. Yest. I even noticed a few leaves turning yellow on some Honey Locust trees. It's nice to have the temps. a bit cooler. It was mostly in the 70's yest., but briefly made it up to 82 when we had a sun break. It was church in the a.m. In the afternoon, I made it to the sewing room for about an hour. Got the last pieced border of HSTs assembled & sewn on, then cut fabric for the outer border & sewed one long side. Then it was time for the news. I didn't do any hand watering yest. due to that torrential downpour Sat. night. I guess the hail must have been worse in other areas. Someone at church made mention of window damage.

Today I'll be making DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread.

Comment

• Carolnnc
            The Guild President
            • Oct 2015

Good morning. Monique your vacation sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time. Katrina I agree with waiting to start school. I home schooled my boys & we always started after Labor Day. We had way to much going on during the summer to start any earlier. G

Well after four long tiring days of packing I now have a living room full of boxes & my sewing room furniture. The man will come tomorrow to give me a price on moving it to storage. I'm really hoping it's reasonable so I don't have to help DH haul this stuff to storage. My body can't handle hauling boxes around anymore. It's been a little overwhelming for both of us. I did well with DH & his need to keep junk. I told him to go out in the garage & put what he wanted to go into storage up by the garage door. I made it my mission to not go in the garage, make any comments or roll my eyes. I peeked this morning & everything he has by the door needs to go to the dump.

Taking it easy is the order of the day due to having some muscle spasms in my lower back. I'll finish us dealing with the odds & ends that are left. I think I'll also clean out some clothes & toss them in the car to take to the thrift shop.
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• geegeequilts
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2015

I finally finished my string quilt from heck. It balked at every stage & I may never make another like it. I've been in my sewing room trying to clean out & purge but it's very slow going. I am so determined to get rid of unnecessary stuff. You know the things that make your brain go "what was I thinking?". Have come to the conclusion that I have too much & don't know what to do with it. You can bet it won't make as crazy as the string quilt did.

I hope.

Hope all has a great week. Stay safe, cool/dry.

Gina

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

For some of us in the severe drought conditions, yesterday was Rain,rain, glorious rain!!! We ended up with over 3 inches, some had closer to 4 inches. However, the rain was very spotted so some hardly got any rain some received less than half an inch. On Saturday, I finished working on a couple of table runners. Sunday was a do little day as I had a horrible put you in bed migraine - I am so thankful that those don't come along very often. It has started on Saturday and had gotten progressively worse. The relief finally started on Sunday late afternoon.

I am getting excited about soon the Fall Forum Retreat is (less than 5 weeks). If anyone is interested in going, please hurry and signed up because the order will be going in soon for the shirts. Here is the link with more information https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=75070

Have a wonderful time on your camping trip Monique!!

Have a great Monday everyone

Comment

• JCY
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2013

Back again ~ The 2nd loaf of spelt bread is out of the oven. The house smells so good of baking bread. Love that smell. DH's salads for the next 2 days are made, the eggs are boiled (I do 10 at a time), & the prunes are stewed. I think I'm momentarily caught up! It's been a busy morning. It was a nice cool morning to do the baking.

Ginny ~ I love bread & butter pickles. I used to make them many years ago. When the kids still were at home & I was not working outside the home, I did lots of canning & freezing. My shelves would be full of canned peaches, pears, cherries, applesauce, pickles, & jams. Now with just the 2 of us, & DH not eating any of those foods, no hungry teen agers, & me with diabetes, it's not worth the time & effort. I buy the canned fruit with just the juice, no sugar or sweeteners, to reduce the carbs & calories.

I'm hoping to have a good chunk of time this afternoon for sewing. Time for lunch.

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Carolnnc View Post
                    Good morning. Monique your vacation sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time. Katrina I agree with waiting to start school. I home schooled my boys & we always started after Labor Day. We had way to much going on during the summer to start any earlier. G

Well after four long tiring days of packing I now have a living room full of boxes & my sewing room furniture. The man will come tomorrow to give me a price on moving it to storage. I'm really hoping it's reasonable so I don't have to help DH haul this stuff to storage. My body can't handle hauling boxes around anymore. It's been a little overwhelming for both of us. I did well with DH & his need to keep junk. I told him to go out in the garage & put what he wanted to go into storage up by the garage door. I made it my mission to not go in the garage, make any comments or roll my eyes. I peeked this morning & everything he has by the door needs to go to the dump.

Taking it easy is the order of the day due to having some muscle spasms in my lower back. I'll finish us dealing with the odds & ends that are left. I think I'll also clean out some clothes & toss them in the car to take to the thrift shop.
                    I messaged my son, about starting after labor day. lol, his wife is freaking out about starting later than she'd planned. She's already planned the first 8 weeks. I guess it's a good thing she never got to see any of my plan books with all of the push it back arrows in it. I'm probably going to send her over the edge before all three kids get through elementary (or she'll send me over the edge).

They'll figure it out one day, but I'm going to insist on more notice about what's coming up! Nana and I were talking about it yesterday at church, she didn't know any more than I did. We had no idea they were planning to start today, all we knew it was going to be 4 days a week. 2 here and 2 at Nana's and when she has J for school, I'll have the two younger kids, and vice versa.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Katrina ~ It sounds like you need to set some limits with that home schooling. There needs to be better communication so you know how to plan your life & know what's going on. I wonder if they aren't taking you too much for granted. Speak up! Do they pay you? or do they expect you to do all that for free?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2015

Good evening ladies.

Well, we are back, and we haven't jumped off the treadmill yet. We made 2 of 3 flights yesterday without a hitch, then we had to go through customs. It should have gone smoothly, but the agent sent us through another area since we had shipped items to our home last week. So we missed our last connection. Luckily it's an hour trip and they run every hour. We travelled business for our return flights. We got a treat as they switched the last plane to a larger one, one that goes overseas. So our seats were lazy boy pods. It was so big, I couldn't even stretch that far and I am tall. The recliner had adjustable neck, foot rest and back massage. The latter I discovered when I was playing with the controls. Pretty cool. In all my years of travel, I have never been on such a modern plane.

It was a good trip to Kansas. We worked hard, but everything went well, even better than expected. The house, garage and sheds are completely empty. They are superficially clean. The yard, trees and shrubs have all been cleaned up. No more cars, wood piles or junk anywhere. I think DH was a bit emotional as he was seeing the home he once grew up in. The way it had become, he just could relate to it. We found some interesting documents providing family history. DH also got to bring back some of his favorite vinyl albums.

Saturday, we went on a road trip with his cousin & wife to visit DH's aunt and cousin 2 1/2 hours north. Joann & I sat in the back and talked. I wasn't paying attention to where we were. It's all pretty flat, fields, beef, and small hills. They turned off and she asked me if I knew Bennington, KS. I didn't. Then she asked if I knew Kansas Troubles Quilter's. Oh my. I started screaming with excitement. We were going. I was so excited as DH loves that line of fabrics. We stopped at the store, and Lynne's husband runs the shop. Then Lynne came in. I was screaming with joy, just like she was a rock star. We got pictures and she gave us a tour of the retreat center upstairs, sleeping quarters and kitchen . What a collection of wuilts, old and new. All displayed in a country decor with lots of antiques. It was amazing, and Lynne is really a nice down to earth person. I bought some of her new line of flannel and other goodies, but I was so thrilled that his cousin and wife brought us here. So far this year, I have met Tula Pink, Jenny Doan and Lynne Hagmeier. I am looking into the quilt cruise planned for next March with Lynne and Joan. That would be fun.

image.jpg. image.jpg

Update. DH's dad is doing well, and adjusting to his new environment. Although he is on a secure floor, he does manage to go play pool several times a week. He has been using the exercise equipment, mostly the bicycle, treadmill and some weights. He now has swimming trunks, so he can go for a swim. This is good as he has always been very active, even though he has dementia. I think now that his diet and medications are controlled, he is more alert. DH will not worry as much.

Today was loads of laundry, unpacking suitcases. Picking up 3 large FedEx boxes we shipped home last week. And then unpacking and sorting all of this. The cats were cool to us when we got home, but all is back to normal now.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. The installers are coming to replace our front doors and our patio door. So we had to remove blinds and everything on the room 3' in. My mom was very happy to hear we came back ok. She was pleased with having a 'sitter', but says she is fine now that I am back. I may still book a few days as it would give me a break.

Have a good evening. And glad to be back.
                        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          Katrina ~ It sounds like you need to set some limits with that home schooling. There needs to be better communication so you know how to plan your life & know what's going on. I wonder if they aren't taking you too much for granted. Speak up! Do they pay you? or do they expect you to do all that for free?
                          Joy, Nana and I both are retired teachers, Grammy is teaching but gets the kids as much as she can. Nana and Nandy are Morgan's grandparents. Nana's been working with all three kids since birth. They're the primary day time care givers. I helped last year, keeping the younger kids one day while Nana worked with J, and then she kept the younger two while J worked with me.

I don't think the 'parents' involved have even realized that they haven't told us anything about this school year other than they want J to work 4 days a week. Fridays, he'll work with his dad... We'll see how long that lasts.

They don't pay either of us. lol, but if I want any materials for J they get them. I just get the arts and crafts stuff that I want to do with all three kids.

I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen tomorrow, or how it went today. All I know for sure, my nose isn't numb anymore, and the fillings that were failing are all replaced. I guess I better make a phone call, or send a text.
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• JCY
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2013

Suzanne ~ So glad you're safely back home. What a delight getting to go the quilt store! Glad the dad is doing better at the home. Exercise definitely helps older folks (well, all of us, really) & improves mental function.

Comment

Working...
                            X