• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday hellos!!

Good morning friends. It is a beautiful sunny start to this day. Yesterday was mainly overcast and I don't think it was as warm as the day before and not a drop of rain. So we will take it, because we have no choice.

I made 21 jars of choke cherry jelly and had to stop because I ran out of sugar and Certo. Lynda brought me some last night. I have one more go to make and then I am all fini done. I do have to run into town today to get a few things.

I brought out the quilt that I absolutely have to finish. I worked on it for a bit last night but will be taking it to work tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it mostly finished? It is just the outside blocks that I need to finish.

I started filling up my camping bin with kitchen stuff I will need. One more week to go, YAH!!!!!!! I got my hours for next week, one set for the books, one set for me (I don't get it but my set is better hours, no two or three hour breaks).

It is a good thing I gave Phil a key to the house, looks like he is coming home for Shawville Fair weekend. So today I will buy him a weekend pass.

And so it looks like I have another full day. Have a great one!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Thursday hellos!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 13, 2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning Monique and all who follow.

Well, I was messed up in the timeline. I straightened up the house yesterday thinking the grandkids would be over. Apparently, Jim and I were talking about Wednesday and the Sing at church and he changed topics to bringing the kids over. He'd told his brother it was Thursday they were coming over, but kind of left it out of our conversation.

Anyway, the house is straightened up and ready for this morning. Nana and Nandy will pick the kids up at 12:30. So I won't get a lot done this morning but maybe this afternoon, I can get something done.

The sing was great, other than Jim having to be there an hour early and the kids were over the whole thing before it even got started. Nana and Nandy got there just before it started. The two older kids made it for about a half hour, Zeke was not having anything to do with being quiet until Nana brought out her phone and they started looking at pictures.

I hope everyone has a great day. Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Ginny B
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. Monique, sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday. I did not. It was a day of mostly resting. I did a couple things around the house but not much. I went and had lunch with a friend from work. And dh bbq'd last night so no cooking for me.

It's going to be a hot one here today so I don't know if I will work outside at all, although there are things that need my attention for sure. If I don't putter about outside, I have quite a few things to keep me occupied indoors.

Whatever your day holds today, I hope it is a good one.
        Ginny B
        Levittown, NY

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our weather is hot again; it was 94 yest. & it's supposed to be hot again today. The sun is very hazy due to the wildfires. There are 11 fires in Colo. that are 100 acres or > in size. But the majority of our smoke is coming from the NW. My son in the Seattle area said the smoke there is very bad. The news last eve. showed the smoky skylines for both Seattle & Portland.

The DVD player ordered from Amazon came yest. I was reading the instruction manual. Hmmm. A lot more high tech than my last simple DVD player. I'll have to study up on this one to figure out how to run it. We're sure enjoying the new, larger TV.

Yest. I squared more HSTs, & sewed the first border on the current baby quilt.

Today is our 43rd anniversary; where did the years go! This was a 2nd marriage for both of us. Four sons -- his 2 & my 2. His 2 lived with their mom & visited in the summers until they turned 16 & got jobs. Everyone now is age 47 to 51. The years just keep marching along.

Have a great day.

Comment

• grammaterry
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2015

DH worked on vehicles all day AGAIN yesterday. We have two running. My truck has to be taken apart again because the fuel gauge is not engaging and I really like knowing how much gas I have. But its a lot of work to take it back apart (the bed has to be taken back off). DH's truck is still at the transmission shop. Seems the owner has food poisoning and has been really sick.
            I did some sewing and sorting. The organization is coming along fairly well. Seems it has to be done every several months. I keep taking things off the shelf, deciding its wrong for the project and just toss it back on the shelf. Need to be more diligent in refolding and stacking. (yeh, right...that'll work for about two weeks and I'll be right back to my regular habits)
            Summer seems to be fading fast. I'm sad about that. I love the hot weather. Dread the winter.
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

• Star lover
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2016

Happy Anniversary Joy! Hope you have a special day, in whatever you and your dear husband do!

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a busy one, but no sewing. Took the baby with me to church (Assumption feastday). Then, because she had not had breakfast yet, stopped over at my house to feed her. DS showed her the plastics cabinet and that entertained her while I fixed the tuna salad for a few days of lunches. Then, off to the shoe store and Target. Wore the poor baby out. She fell asleep in the car seat. once she awoke and ate, her parents were home from work. I then had about an hour break before meeting some friends for wine and appetizers. A busy fun day! Today should be a day to stay home with baby and play. She starts daycare after Labor Day. I think i'm going to miss our special times.
                Hoping everyone has a pleasant day.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

• MissMay
                  The Guild President
                  • Jul 2017

THURSDAY.jpg

Thursday already, can the weekend be far behind? Not that we have anything planned but sometimes it feels like the weeks are just flying by. Maybe it's because the shops already have Halloween stuff out for sale.

DH was off early this morning for PT for his left leg, he still has swelling on his leg after surgery last year to increase circulation. No blockages just needs to exercise more. While he's gone I may get some sewing done.

Monique, that's a big load of jam, I usually make 6 - 8 jars for Christmas gifts, an apple pear recipe I cut out of a magazine over 50 years ago.
                  MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

• Cathy F
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Morning all

Looks to be another hot one today so I'll be staying indoors. Still sick with an upper respiratory infection, it's been almost three weeks now and my patience and energy level are hitting bottom.

Had the grandkids for dinner last night, was the oldest ones birthday Tuesday. She requested my macaroni and tuna salad which is her favorite so it was an easy dinner to prepare, along with some fresh tomatoes from the garden. Cupcakes and cookies for dessert and sent them all home with the kids so they wouldn't be calling to me to eat them!

Maybe today will see some time in the sewing room, see what my stamina is. I have just a bit more to do on a table runner, so close to being called finished but just hasn't gotten there.

Joy, wishing you a Happy Anniversary!

Time to get a move on and get the routine chores finished. Wishing everyone a good day!
                    Last edited by Cathy F; August 16, 2018, 07:21 AM.
                    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• birdscraps
                      Block Queen
                      • Jun 2018

Morning all! Was sad to wake up and hear that Aretha Franklin had passed away. Loved her rendition of "Think" in "The Blues Brothers".
                      Busy day at work and then DD is coming over for dinner and our weekly night of trashy girl TV. Can't wait.
                      Have a great day All!
                      Gaye :icon_wave:

Comment

• Navy Wife
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2013

I was on the road most of yesterday with grocery shopping, Target and Walmart. Then started OT for my hand. Fortunately it is my left hand. Two surgeries have left my fingers swollen and hard to move. He made a splint for me to sleep in to keep the fingers straight. They hurt worse this morning! We'll see about this. I'll have to call my GD tonight and see what she thinks.

Hoping to sew this afternoon. I have a new quilt on the design wall, and want to finish the squares. Then the fun starts with moving them around to get the colors the way I want them.

Hoping you all have a great day. Prayers and hugs for those in need.

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Happy Anniversary Joy! I hope you and your DH have an enjoyable day reminiscing
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• toggpine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2009

We had a nice trip to the Skamania County fair.
                            We stayed at a hotel across the Columbia River in Oregon. We stayed there last year and we were looking forward to dinner at the Ale House just down the street, but they were closed. We walked on and tried the diner down the street. That was a bad choice. There was a funky smell when we walked in. The first table we sat at hadn't been wiped and there was mayo that had gone translucent on the top and edge. We chose another table, but the server still didn't come over. He didn't move from behind the counter until a large group of people came in and seated themselves. He delivered their menus and dropped a pair on our table. While it wasn't really the fare we had hoped for, we figured we'd eat and take a walk down by the locks afterward. We decided what we wanted and set our menus on the end of the table in the classic sign we were ready to order. Nothing. No eye contact. Still no water to the table. Nothing.
                            I did catch the eye of the cook several times, but he didn't do anything more than come out behind the counter and grab a soda. The server grabbed an order pad, and I thought "Finally!" Nope. He sat at the counter and wrote out a ticket and placed it on the rounder. At about 20 minutes from the time we sat down, we gave up. We got up and left. I have never walked out a of a place before, but I work hard for my money. I not spending it someplace with that poor of service.
                            On our walk back to the hotel, we saw Thunder Island Brewing Company down along the locks. We could see folks enjoying dinner and a beverage along the banks of the Cascade Locks. We made the trip down there and had a delicious burger and a pesto chicken sandwich with a tasty beer and marionberry hard cider. The view was far superior to the inside of the diner and we had some nice conversations with some folks on vacation from Michigan and some people who are hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. All in all, a much better experience!

The goat show went really well on Wednesday and we had a decent ride home. It was a nice little get away for the two of us. Next week we are headed to Goldendale for another show. That one will be a new one for me.

Now, I'm off to see if I can get some professional help for my hair do. I made this work for the last few days, but it's still a bit too long on top to look right. I have enough skills to get it not so wierd, but unless I want to take the clippers to it, that's about all I'm willing to do! I have a bunch of ID photos coming up, so I'd rather not look like a tumbleweed set up housekeeping on my head!

Happy to be home! Have a good one everybody!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2015

Good evening,
                              I didn't make it this morning as my iPad battery was completely drained. I actually thought it was dead. Last night it was super hot, as It may have spent too much time in the car while I shopped at the quilt store Hen Feathers in Wichita. DH thought I needed a break from all the decluttering, cleaning and organizing of people this week. We went to FedEx and spent 3 hours there, while they tried to figure out how to pack and ship some of DH personal items home. We were exhausted.

My FIL home is empty and almost all cleaned up. Well as much as its going to be. I ripped up the carpets and underpaid which revealed a beautiful but old hardwood floor. Also put new lightbulbs in light fixtures. You would think they could have done that. I guess it was easier to stay in the dark than to have lights and see the crap all over the place. It's looking good. I have a landscaper coming tomorrow. He will trim the large trees and bushes and remove whatever debris is hidden under the tall grasses.

Just one more room to wash off underpaid remnants and we're done. .
                              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X