PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning hellos!!!

Monique
August 14th, 2018, 06:17 AM
It is still pretty dark out this morning, I don't think the birds are even up yet, LOL!!

I have a lot that I want to do today, whether it all gets done is another question.

I had a great day yesterday. It started off with paying some bills and getting another month's supply of medication for both Les and I, since we are leaving in two weeks for our vacation. We are headed back to PEI again this year. I am so looking forward to it.

So today I want to start packing. I need all our kitchen and camping stuff. Most of it is already in one place but I like to be somewhat organized.

I work Friday and then all of next week, including Saturday. I think we will be leaving in the afternoon. I hope to be able to see my cousin in New Brunswick along the way.

So that is about I have today. Enjoy your day friends.

KPH
August 14th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Good Morning Monique.
You're right, it certainly is dark this morning!

Jim called yesterday. Nana had a doctor's appointment and wasn't going to be home in time to keep the kids. So last minute, I had to come to the rescue. They were here about 2 hours before Nana and Nandy came to pick them up. Jim had orientation for the new school year/ new parents to the PEP program. About 20 minutes after the kids left, he called and was done for the day. Today, he'll have the same orientation at the second campus.

Nana has called a meeting of the home school village. lol, I had to laugh. She's right, we need to get these adult kids told about how education in the lower grades really needs to be handled. From what Jim says it's going to be more structured, we'll see how they follow through.

I found my ironing board yesterday. Yippee! I managed to get Mike's pillow cases made before we left for his birthday dinner. I took the family out to Hurricane's. It was delicious, but I won't be doing that too often! I needed to run by JoAnne's to pick up some fabric for an organizer for Jim and Morgan. We left there and went over to Miss Holly's Sweet Treats, mini cupcakes are $1 on Monday. Since I didn't get Mike a cake, we went in for cupcakes. I told him to pick what he wanted for his birthday, and the waitress said if it's your birthday I can give you two free mini cupcakes. Boom! So he got his birthday cupcakes for free! I had to pay for mine, though. They were delicious! One would have been enough, but I scarfed down both of them.

Melinda got the wind knocked out of her. She was determined she was going back to school next week. Her doctor didn't agree with her. I'm glad he put his foot down! She's still trying to get over having two surgeries in less than two weeks.

Monique, I know you're excited about your vacation! I hope you have a great time with great weather!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Star lover
August 14th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Good morning to all!

So happy Monique for you. A vacation sounds wonderful! Hope all goes smooth and no tire problems this time. .....let the adventure begin! .....soon.

Katrina, you amaze me with all you do. Home schooling to top it off too! Haven't had a cupcake ......mmmmm, maybe in decades....
I'll keep Melinda and her family in my prayers.

It's been hot, humid and rain free for some time. They always say rain, but so far we haven't had much. So tomorrow's to be the big rain....yeah, heard it before, so we'll see. Not holding my breath.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, filled with joy and love!

songbird857
August 14th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Morning all...
Monique, I hope you and Les have a wonderful vacation!
Katrina - boy, do I miss the days of homeschooling :( Can't wait for grands so I'll have some kids to (kind of) school! ;)
Anita, we've been having a bit of rain here too - I don't mind it, as it's cooled things down some from the extreme heat we've had.

So, I never did get to that closet cleaning yesterday, so that's on the agenda for today. Maybe I'll squeeze some sewing in too. I've got some nice free range chicken that I'm planning for dinner, along with some asparagus and sweet potatoes... mmmm maybe I'll have dinner for breakfast! :lol:

JCY
August 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Still dark here, too. It got up to 94 yest. I weeded between the 2 fences on the N. side of the house, so I had shade in which to work. We have a 6 ft. chain link fence; several yrs. ago the previous neighborhood next door put up a privacy fence, the white solid plastic kind. So there's a space of ~8" between the 2 fences. It's a bear to try & keep weeded. My fingers aren't long enough to reach. I have to finagle my garden tools in between or under (if there's space) the chain link. I bought a hand tool this year from Amazon called Cobra. It's the single one; it's curved. That worked great to reach between there & snag the weeds. I had only 1 hr. 45 min. before I had to quit, take my bath, eat lunch, & get to my 1 p.m. massage. A massage always is a real treat. It's a wellness thing I've done for many years, even when I still was working.

This a.m. I'm planning to visit a friend. She's moving next wk. to an assisted living place in CA to be near her son. I'll miss her. Then I need to run to the groc. store for a few things.

Hopefully I'll get to the sewing room this afternoon.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 14th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Good morning,
Going to be short as I have to run back to the house. The junk removal crew removed 2 full bins yesterday and we got the main floor emptied. I put out the metal frame of the sofa bed to the street. They told me that someone might pick it up, and they did. I came out and offered them any of the metal pile we had been accumulating. They were happy. Then I offered up any of the stuff remaining in the garage. They were ecstatic. You could see they were poor but willing to do the work and that makes me happy. I then pushed my luck and asked if they wanted a freezer and fridge. They are in working condition but just dirty. They took all away and she came back with her old Explorer. The Junkers will be amazed. Then DH's niece husband came by and picked up some rolling work benches and more power tools. We found DH's grandfather's boring drill. It was a big tool. Also he finished changing all the locks on the house and garage, so now all locks properly and with master key. The floors are looking good.

Dh will rest this morning and I will pick him up later. He is doing his best and getting lots done. Also still finding family treasures in the basement.

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary, and we have reserved tomorrow. at a restaurant for dinner with his cousin and wife at an Italian restaurant that specializes in seafood and yes, my crab cakes.

Have a good day. The rain yesterday was welcomed, but now we know where the water is coming in.

Carlie Wolf
August 14th, 2018, 09:50 AM
It's light here :-) I slept in.

Yesterday I saw two Monarch Butterflies at my butterfly bush! It's the first time I've seen them in my yard since I've been here. When in Canada they use to come for the milkweed but I haven't been able to grow a patch of that here.

We dodged a bullet late yesterday. We were warned a hail, thunder, windstorm was going to come through but it lost strength just before it got to us thank god. They were calling for roof, car and house damage and we certainly didn't need that after getting hit three years ago.

Did I mention the owner contracted someone to paint the house? He's just going to work weekends and maybe some times after work. He came two weeks ago and worked Sunday, got most of the back scraped. It's being painted with oil based so no painting when it's suppose to rain. This Sunday was beautiful.....he didn't show up. Oh well, I guess this is going to be year three of no show painters. I'm so disgusted with peoples lack of desire to work in this town.

I'm making good progress on the small items I need to make for Sept's Craft fair. I pretty much need more microwave bowls, keychains and probably a few more garbage bag holders.

Have a nice day everyone :-)

Bubby
August 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Morning Everyone....It's going to be another scorcher with storms today. Sugar and Maggie are getting spayed today. I have to drive them to Houston in a bit and if all goes well we will pick them up late today. The are barking and crying for water but sadly they can't have any.

My doctor visit was yesterday. The brain scan came back good and since my balance issues have resolved themselves Dr B thinks they were caused by an inner ear imbalance. Now I'm on the hunt for a good eye doctor. It never ends, does it!

Jeff injured his back Friday and he hasn't been able to go to work. He will be seeing a Workmans Comp doctor hopefully today.

JCY, so glad you are happy with your new TV. Size and clarity really make a difference. Enjoy!

Denise, glad to hear things are going well for your project. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

It's time for me to load up the little ones and take them to the vet.

Norma, good to see you.

Wishing everyone a great day!

birdscraps
August 14th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Hey everyone! What a difference a few degrees and lower humidity make! Boss is off to LA today so I'm being lazy. DD and I have a date to see Mamma Mia 2 tonight. Kind of excited about that.
Enjoy your day all!

toggpine
August 14th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Yesterday was "fun".
I made my dentist appointment where he sealed the tooth and gave me a temporary patch for the filling I flossed out. The sealant tasted horrible and we found another filling that is failing. Next week, I'll have both of them filled.
I hit the livestock store on the way home and picked up some new grain for the baby goats. They didn't like the first brand of starter feed, so we will try this stuff. Of course it is the spendy stuff, and then they weren't sure they actually had any in the warehouse.

My biggest mistake of the day was deciding to run in and get my hair cut before the next two weeks of goat shows and the start of school. (I haven't had a single hair stylist since my last one moved a few years ago.) She asked what we were doing with my hair today. I said to just shorten it up so it sits about on my shoulders. Ummmm. I KNOW I did not say "How about one of those reverse mullet hair dos, where you mow the back down to and inch or two and then leave a patch around my face that is 4 or 5 inches or so. Please leave a hard line where those two lengths meet too. I really want to look like I have puppy ears. Thenwhen it finally rebels from the blow dryer straightening you try, I'll look like one of those charming orthodox Jewish men with the curls along their faces.
My coworkers at the school were kind when I stopped in, but they agreed that it looked better with my sunglasses as a head band. (The two sides weren't even the same length!) I went home and washed into see if undoing the hairdryer straightening would help.
Nope.
I busted out the scissors and put my 30 years of livestock fitting to use to make it tolerable for the next few days until I can get someone to really fix it. I guess I wouldn't have been so angry at the gal if she had finished the cut. Yes. It was A LOT shorter that I had originally planned, but at least make it look like I wasn't ambushed by a novice showman with their first pair of clippers!
That being said, at least my head will be cooler for the next few weeks of summer!
I had better get my stuff together, as we need to leave for the county fair judging gig I have tomorrow.
You all have a good couple of day So!
Hugs, Cathy

Simply Quilting
August 14th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Enjoying having the windows open and listening to the sweet sound of rain. The eves hang off the house are wide enough that we can have the windows open while it rains unless the wind is blowing. After being on the road Friday, Saturday and Monday for meetings, I am planning on staying home today and getting some work done. Also plan on doing a little bit of sewing sometime today.

Toggpine, the haircut sounds awful, I am glad that you could do a little fixing yourself. I know one of the new styles is where is it short on oneside than the other but still not what you asked for. My worst hair episode was when I was in the sixth grade and had hair almost to my waist. Decision was made to get me a perm. Instead, the perm fried my hair so bad that I had to have it cut very short and of course it was right before school pictures.

Barb, hope everything goes well with the pups.

Have a great day everyone :)

KPH
August 14th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Oh Geez Cathy,

I bet we call can commiserate with the bad hair cut. I think my worst was right before my oldest graduated from college. I went in, and told the lady about 1" off. Well apparently she was hearing impaired, I ended up with just about an inch of hair all over. The pictures of me at Jim's commissioning just make me want to cry. It was horrible!

JCY
August 14th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Hair cuts: The last time I had a prof. hair cut was way >30 yrs. ago. He didn't get it short enough to suit me. I'd been watching him cut for some time, so I decided after that I'd cut my own hair. Been doing it all these years. I have scissors & elec. clippers. I use a hand mirror to look in the big mirror to cut the back. Some of it I do by feel. I used to cut the boys' hair when they were home & I've cut DH's hair for years as well. Just look at all the money we've saved!