PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hellos

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 11th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone,

We have arrived in Wichita. It was quite the flying time to get here. Our first flight was at 11am (EST) yesterday, but we were at the airport earlier as we had a ride then. We landed at 11pm (Ct). Got to bed past midnight. I am exhausted as I never sleep well the first night. Also the next door people were up at 4am, obviously for early flight.

I am a bit worried about DH. I know he'll pick up. I had my GPS 'Sophie' get me to my destination. He hasn't been back home in 7 years, and not much before then. Things have changed.

Have a good day. I hope the weather is not too humid during our visit. Gotta get going.

pcbatiks
August 11th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Suzanne, I hope your time in Wichita won't be too stressful for you and your DH.

Not sure what we might be doing today. There is an estate sale in the area today.........no fabric......but we might go anyway. :D

I think the fabric fairies must have been in my sewing area last night because it is a mess. Hope to take care of that today and maybe do some more sewing. I have a secret pal gift to make for Christmas & if I don't get on the ball I will be sewing at the last minute......again.

JCY
August 11th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Good Morning ~ Just now getting here. Laundry is started. DH's medical procedure (every other day) is done. It takes ~30 min. or so. It's sunny, but we still have that thin layer of haze. It was hot yest.; it got up to 97 & it's supposed to be just as hot today. I looked at the extended forecast; there were more 80's than 90's so that is good.

I decided to set aside my purple & green King's Crown project to get started on baby quilts. I sorted through my baby/kids' panels yest. & picked out a cute Noah's Ark. I looked through my stash to find coordinating colors for a border. I'm going with HSTs. I had some rain drops fabric left over from the "Little Ark" quilts which works well with some orange. (I think I made at least 5 Little Ark quilts before I set aside the scraps & yardage.) Then some darker blue fossil fern & light blue. I'll alternate the HSTs. I dug out some fabric for backing -- probably bought it well >5 yrs. ago. The colors match perfectly. So I'm on my way!

I had wanted to drive up to Lyons today for the quilt show at Lyons Quilting, but with DH's procedure, he feels weak & he doesn't want me to leave him alone. So I had to cross that off my list. Disappointing, but it's life. I'll putsy around the house, maybe do some sorting, & some sewing for sure. Now that I have a plan, I'm ready to get going with it.

Well, time for my breakfast.

KPH
August 11th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Awe shucks, I missed your post and posted another one.

I hope everything goes easily as possible, Suzanne. I know it's going to be stressful. You're a strong woman and we're all here for you!

Rhonda K
August 11th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Happy Saturday!

It's a stitching day for me in between laundry. I'm trying to finish a pillow back with the zipper hidden in a center fold. It's a little different technique as I'm used to putting zippers right in seams.

This early Saturday post didn't show for me at first this morning either. Perhaps KPH and I have Saturday gremlins. LOL!

toggpine
August 11th, 2018, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what has happened to my summer!
We are looking at about 2 weeks before I'm back at work. Both weeks I have the middles chopped out by some goat shows I'm judging on the eastern side of the state. (It sounded like a good idea at the time and the $$$ is respectable.)
I have a couple projects I really wanted done during the nice weather. The treadle machine needed some refinishing/restoration work on the cabinet and I have a few other things I wanted painted. It's been so dry, I'm worried about the dust ending up in the finish if I work on them outside. I can't really justify spray painting inside, and the refinishing chemicals won't be good indoors either. Ugh!
First things first. I have 100 bales of alfalfa to help hubby unload into the barn this morning. It's much cooler today since we got a touch of drizzle this morning. Not really enough to soak the dirt. Just enough to make the dirt stick to your shoes as you walk across it. Hopefully we will see more moisture during the day as the Intellicast forecast is predicting thunderstorms. Let's hope that it's not just a dry storm that spawns more wildfires.
The coffe cup is empty and the milkers are mouthing off about the late start. I had best get on with the day!
Make it a great one! Hugs, Cathy

birdscraps
August 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Still very hot and humid here although there was slight breeze overnight so sleeping was slightly better. After I get through a hurried set of chores this morning I think I will barricade myself in the sewing room with the A/C on full blast. I'd love to piece together my Clementine BOM from FQS.
Happy Travels Suzanne! Stay cool everyone and Happy Saturday!