PDA

View Full Version : What has been taking up my time

Georgie Girl
August 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Things have calmed down a bit for me. On May 24th at 2:00 a.m. I received a phone call. My son Jimmy was being taken to the hospital. He had not been responding to his friends texts who knew he was not well so he decided to stop by and check on him. Thank God he did. He was unresponsive his eyes rolled back. Why he did not go to er earlier I have no idea as he had been vomiting up blood. They put him on a breathing machine and was pumping dead blood out of him. His blood pressure was 45 to low to scope him to see where he was bleeding internally. 11 bags of stuff was pumped into him and got his blood pressure better scoped him and found 3 vessels that they banded. Eventually was taken off the breathing machine. About 2 weeks later the hospital advised us they could do no more for him his liver was not good so was transferred to a different hospital. He started bleeding internally again and they said they needed to do surgery but to be prepared that he probably would not make it. That night was awful for me. Well he made it through that surgery called his insurance if they would cover a liver transplant. The transplant coordinator said it sounded like they would not and I would have to fight them myself. Well through all of this my friend gave me a prayer to St. Anthony and everyone I knew was praying this prayer. The next day she called me the insurance company would cover the transplant so she immediately put him on the transplant list and advised me to keep my phone charged and have it with me at all times. Just a few hours later she called me back they had a donor. They took Jimmy at 10:30 p.m. he was back by 6: 30 a.m. The doctors said my son won the lottery with the fresh new liver he received. The nurses were surprised he made it. He is now back home. He is a walking miracle. Dealing with this and my DH was an emotional nightmare but my faith helped me get through it. Kinda long post. Thanks for letting me tell my story.

Ginny B
August 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM
On my goodness, you have certainly been through a trial. I am glad to hear that your son received a liver so quickly. Such a miracle. And the insurance came through. Wonderful! I will keep your son and you and your hubby in my prayers. And your son's friend too. Thank God he went over when he did

MaggieSue
August 4th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Oh my! The power of prayer, in action here. Continued prayers for all!!!

Claire Hallman
August 4th, 2018, 11:27 AM
What a blessing to get the new liver just when it was needed most.

This is a reminder that we all need to be transplant donors, even if you are old like me there are parts that are still usable.

Hulamoon
August 4th, 2018, 11:43 AM
What an uplifting story! Someone was sure looking after him and your family.

pcbatiks
August 4th, 2018, 12:32 PM
So happy for you and your son that your story had a happy ending. Prayers for continued good health for your son and renewed peace for you & your emotional well being.

Cokie
August 4th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I'm happy your son is doing well. My husband was recently placed on a transplant list for a new liver. He is currently in the hospital for an infection, so who knows when he will be relisted again. It's encouraging to hear a good outcome to a transplant story.

TMP
August 4th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Your story warms my heart. The power of prayer is an awesome thing! Sounds like he is now on his way to a full recovery.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 4th, 2018, 05:11 PM
I'm so pleased that things are looking up for your son. My mom has made me a believer in StAnthony. He works miracles, when there is little hope.

geegeequilts
August 4th, 2018, 06:40 PM
OMG, I am so sorry you & your family went thru this. Very happy to hear your son is doing better. Prayers do work & I'll keep my going for you. Take care.

Gina

JCY
August 4th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks for sharing the story of your miracle. What a difficult time, but a blessing, too. I hope things go well. I've been a donor for many years; it's noted on my driver's license.

GuitarGramma
August 4th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Praise God, and thanks to St. Anthony for interceding for your son. St. Anthony is my patron saint, and I always thank him for all the prayers he has said on my behalf. Tonight I will thank him for praying for your son, too. What a miraculous outcome!

MissMay
August 4th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Thank You St. Anthony.

grammaterry
August 4th, 2018, 08:01 PM
God is Good , God is Great...my prayers will continue for more recovery

KarenC
August 4th, 2018, 11:57 PM
So glad everything turned out so good.

Judy, USMC
August 5th, 2018, 02:39 AM
So happy that prayers were answered!

Monique
August 5th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Welcome back with some great news. So sorry you have had such an ordeal, BUT the outcome outweighs it all, doesn't it? Praying for continued health.

Astatoo
August 5th, 2018, 01:33 PM
So glad to hear this, will be keeping your family in my prayers.

Carlie Wolf
August 5th, 2018, 02:01 PM
So glad to hear all turned out well. Good ole St Anthony!

Star lover
August 6th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Praise the Lord! He is sooo great!