PDA

View Full Version : Needing some prayers...

Cokie
August 2nd, 2018, 12:26 AM
This morning I had to take DH to the hospital. He started running a low grade fever yesterday. He had a doctor's appointment yesterday anyway, and the nurse told him to "keep an eye on it." Last time that happened, he ended up in the hospital for 10 days with endocarditis and on IV antibiotics at home for 6 weeks after that! He had chills and shivered all night, so this morning when he got up I told him I was taking him to the ER. His fever was just under 101 when we got there. They started him on a broad spectrum antibiotic right away, and the doctor noticed a red spot on his leg that DH wasn't even aware of. It appears that he may have cellulitis. They admitted him for a "couple of days" until the blood cultures come back. With his other health problems, this can certainly complicate things, but hopefully we caught it early and it can be treated successfully. My mom is still in the rehab center after her recent illness (she's in Colorado and I'm in Ohio), doing better overall but has good days and not so good days. I'm just feeling overwhelmed tonight and could use some prayers for peace and good outcomes for both of these situations. Thank you, dear friends!

chelea
August 2nd, 2018, 12:29 AM
Prayers going out for you Cokie!

TMP
August 2nd, 2018, 12:39 AM
Sending prayers to you and your husband and hugs

pcbatiks
August 2nd, 2018, 12:51 AM
Cokie, so sorry you are dealing with so many worries right now. Praying for a feeling of true peace to surround you so that you can get the rest you need. Also praying for good outcomes with you mom and your DH.

Sending cyber hugs too.

Simply Quilting
August 2nd, 2018, 01:23 AM
Prayers for you and your husband.

GuitarGramma
August 2nd, 2018, 02:35 AM
I will continue to pray for you, your husband, and your mother. Stay strong, dear one.

Star lover
August 2nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
So sorry so much is going on.......I'll be praying for your DH, your mother......and you. May the Lord give you all strength and wisdom. Love and hugs!

Bubby
August 2nd, 2018, 07:48 AM
I'm adding my prayers to the others. 154176

RockinLou
August 2nd, 2018, 08:18 AM
Praying for peace for you and healing for your DH

MaggieSue
August 2nd, 2018, 08:38 AM
Prayers for all!!!

Astatoo
August 2nd, 2018, 08:45 AM
Sending up prayers for your family.

KPH
August 2nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Lifting prayers for you, your mother, and your DH. May you find peace and comfort knowing that professionals are handling the situation. Take care of yourself!

JCY
August 2nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Cokie, Thoughts & prayers for you & yours.

MissMay
August 2nd, 2018, 09:06 AM
154177 Hugs and Prayers coming your way.

Anitamae56
August 2nd, 2018, 09:41 AM
Sending prayers and many positive thoughts!

Ginny B
August 2nd, 2018, 09:58 AM
Oh Cokie, sorry to hear about all you are dealing with. Prayers said and hugs sent.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 2nd, 2018, 12:00 PM
So sorry to hear that. Sometimes it doesn't just seem to rain, but it pours. Best wishes.

SallyO'Sews
August 2nd, 2018, 12:03 PM
Praying for you and yours.

geegeequilts
August 2nd, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sending prayers for you both. Stay strong.

Gina

Carolnnc
August 2nd, 2018, 05:32 PM
Sending up prayers for you, DH & mom.

LindaKay75
August 2nd, 2018, 06:01 PM
Sending prayers and hugs to you, your DH and all your family. May you have the strength to hold it together.

KarenC
August 2nd, 2018, 06:45 PM
Praying for you and family.

jjkaiser
August 2nd, 2018, 07:06 PM
We've got you covered. Hang in there!!

Monique
August 2nd, 2018, 08:46 PM
Adding mine as well.

cv quilter
August 2nd, 2018, 08:49 PM
Cokie, so many need prayers, and I add you and loved ones to prayer list.

Cokie
August 3rd, 2018, 12:12 AM
You are all so kind! Thank you. Mom had a pretty good day today and will probably get to go home from the rehab center on Sunday or Monday. She's having lots of physical therapy to help build her strength. Her goal is to go home with just her cane and no walker, and the therapist told her today that she is on track for that. DH's infection is better today - less red and the area is shrinking a bit. The doctor is pleased that it seems to be responding well to the antibiotics. DH's platelet count is very low now and that's a concern, so we will probably be consulting with a hematologist at Cleveland Clinic when he is released from the hospital. He is discouraged, but I told him tonight that we will deal with one thing at a time - curing the infection and getting out of the hospital, then we'll address the other issues. One step at a time, even if they're baby steps. Thanks again for all of your prayers and good wishes. I appreciate each of you!

Judy, USMC
August 3rd, 2018, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear things are going a bit better. Yes, it's one step at a time; one day at a time. Remember to celebrate the small victories every time you can. It takes the focus away from waiting for the next shoe to drop. Prayers continue for you and yours.

JCY
August 3rd, 2018, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the update, Cokie.