PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning

Ginny B
July 31st, 2018, 08:03 AM
Good morning all. Looks like a nice day out there. Today's plan is to take a trip up to Peekskill so that three of my boys can have dinner together... and me too, of course. This is just a quick trip for Tim but his brothers were able to rearrange their work schedules so that they can spend the afternoon and evening together. I am very happy that my boys still try to make time to spend time together whenever they can. They are spread out across the country so it doesn't happen very often but happily it has happened a few times already this year.

I probably won't be spending much time in my sewing room this week until after Tim leaves on Thursday. I have a craft fair next week to get ready for so I'm looking forward to getting myself in there and getting organized.

I hope Monique is enjoying her time "unplugged". Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
July 31st, 2018, 08:48 AM
Morning Everyone....Ginny, I hope you enjoy every minute of your retirement. It can be the best time of your life.

Today is Dottie's spa day. I think she caught wind she was going and she's already balking. I will have to allow some extra time to work with her.

Nothing is going on in my sewing room....still. Summer is such a busy time for us with all of the mowing (4 acres) and taking care of the Girls. I gave Shugie and Maggs a nice bath yesterday before Jeff got home from work and by bedtime they were two little mud puppies. They are napping now so hopefully I will have time to shower and wash my hair.

That's it for me for this morning. Have a wonderful day everyone.

KPH
July 31st, 2018, 08:51 AM
Good Morning All,

Prayers would be appreciated today, Melinda is having her second breast cancer surgery this month. They didn't get it all, and now they've decided on a more aggressive protocol. After this, she'll have 6 weeks of radiation, five days a week. One of her former students is staying with them for a bit to help Russell. Naturally, tomorrow is when he's supposed to start his last class for his nursing assistant class. Melinda has it set up as independent study for him so he'll have 1 instructor and one other student and meet 2 days a week. It's going to be especially hard on him with his focus being on Melinda.

I'm heading to the dentist today. Not sure what's going on, but I'll find out today.

The fabric and backing arrived yesterday for Kaylyn's quilt. I'm hoping to work on that, but we'll see what the dentist decides to do.

It's already cloudy, and rain is expected today. We're on the plus side of average this July.

I hope Monique is having a good time, Joy has an easy time at the dentist, and Ginny has a great time with her kids. Have a great day!

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength, wisdom, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

MissMay
July 31st, 2018, 09:37 AM
Ready for action early today, the absence of rain seems to motivate me as humid weather saps my energy.

Prayers for Melinda that they get everything this time. Barb, If Dottie doesn't want to go for her spa day I'll go for her, I really could use some spa grooming.

Ginny enjoy your 3 boys getting together, I know how difficult that is to do as it isn't often that my 3 guys are able to do that.

JCY
July 31st, 2018, 11:21 AM
Good Morning ~ I'm late getting here today. I wanted to get the Anasazi beans on to cook early, so I can have that project finished before going to the dentist at noon. It's just a routine cleaning this time. The last crown prep is next mo. I plan to go to the LQS afterwards in hopes of getting a bit more of that fabric I'm short on for the King's Crown quilt. Then maybe to Walmart to look at their TVs. I keep browsing the web, but I haven't found the right mix of features for which I'm looking. So many of the reviews list poor sound quality in the comments. It's discouraging.

I had a productive day yest. Four loads of laundry, some FMQ on the Bloom Bouquet panel quilt, & cutting of all the pieces for 12 blocks for the King's Crown. Before I started cutting, I sat down & drew out the 2 blocks on graph paper, used colored pencils, to determine how many pieces I needed. I'm sticking with the same fabrics I posted a pic of in that other thread.

Really chilly this a.m. Clear skies & down to 55 deg. But it's supposed to be back up in the mid-80's later today. These temp. swings are what you get in this thinner atmosphere. We live at just under a mile high altitude.

Son #1 has a job interview today; he's hoping for a mgr. position. He works at the FAA headquarters in downtown D.C. Since the job was posted nation wide, the competition is high. I think he said there were >400 applicants. He has an excellent resume with a lot of good experience & previously has been a mgr. (at another job). I'm hoping & praying for the best.

Judging of the quilts entered in the county fair will be Thurs. a.m. I didn't enter any, but the judging process is interesting to watch. If I have time, I may pop in to observe for a while. It's hard to believe it's already time for the fair!

Have a good Tuesday.

birdscraps
July 31st, 2018, 12:01 PM
Woke up to 1000+ ants in the kitchen this morning! Ugh! So not what I wanted to greet me before I had my morning coffee. The heat brings them out. Work was not too bad yesterday after being gone for part of last week. we are getting ready to move to a new suite in the building so lots of organizing to do.
So bummed! My LQS just posted that Jenny is going to be in town for a trunk show in September but it turns out to be the same night that hubby and I are hosting our Dinner Club! So bummed! Maybe that's the Universe telling me to save money as you know I wouldn't be able to resist buying loads of new stuff!
Have a wonderful day all and stay cool!

toggpine
July 31st, 2018, 01:27 PM
The marine layer has rolled in overnight. I don't think there is any rain in the forecast, but the cool start to the day is appreciated.

I'm headed to the neighbors place to help her get her house cleaned before her mom arrives tomorrow. She is a lovely lady, generous and kind. Housekeeping isn't one of her strong points. I'll see what I can do to help.

Yesterday I started to swamp out the big truck. My car needs AC repair work, but the pieces aren't due to arrive until the evening I leave. Until the parts arrive, I can drive the car, but I'm not supposed to power up the heating/cooling system. Not the best situation if I'm heading to Eastern WA where they are expecting high 90's to triple digit heat days. So, I'll take the big diesel truck. It's pretty comfy to drive, but it hasn't been used for much besides hauling hay lately.
It's dusty inside and we have let the tie downs, gloves, and bungee cords take over the back seats. Eric is allergic to grass, so he uses a face mask while handling the grass hay. He has been bringing full bags, a couple masks, and various quantities in between for every hay trip. I pulled about 40 masks out from under the back seat where he's stuffed them in various bags! I'll leave a few, but put most of them back in the shop! The floor mats are all hosed off and out drying. I'll put everything back in the truck this afternoon and give it a bath tomorrow. I want to have everything loaded in for my trip by tomorrow night. Then I can do morning chores, shower, and hit the road.

My coffee cup is empty, so it's time to get on with things. I hope you all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

KarenC
July 31st, 2018, 01:51 PM
Good morning everyone. It is now break time for me. Started at 6:30 with mowing and edging, 2 loads of laundry, changed bed sheets, shopping for last minute items at Walgreens, Only thing left on my list is put things in suitcase for tomorrow and mop, and I don't feel like mopping. DD and family are coming over to spend the night tonight since we're all leaving at 5:30 am tomorrow for vacation. 2 days in Boston and 5 days in Maine. Definitely looking forward to the cooler weather.
Prayers for Melinda today, along with my friend Irma. Sadly she has started her final journey home. All of her family is in town now to be there with her.
Ginny, so glad your sons can get together. Enjoy your time with them. Barb, your stories about the pups are always amusing to me. Joy, good luck to your son. Well I hear the thunder so I best go try to finish that quilt before I need to unplug the machine. Hope everyone has a great day.

pcbatiks
July 31st, 2018, 02:13 PM
Hello, it's lunch time here. DH is on vacation this week. We are having a lazy day with 80% chance of rain today. Good day to work on my paper pieced tree project.

Sunday night we realized our central AC wasn't cooling. Spent the night at my parents house & called our AC guy first thing yesterday morning. Fortunately, he was able to check it for us a few hours later. Thankfully, it wasn't anything major or too expensive. We can't live without AC down here. We run it a good majority of the year.

Our son & his GF came over yesterday afternoon and he grilled chicken, pork loin, corn & bread for us. Had a good afternoon together.

Praying for those in difficult times right now.

geegeequilts
July 31st, 2018, 02:27 PM
Sending extra prayers to Melinda & Irma. Both have been thru so much, My heart goes out to them.

Gina