PDA

View Full Version : Update on my family

Cokie
July 25th, 2018, 09:35 PM
First of all...thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts. DH came thru the heart cath today fine (although he has his "horror stories" to tell). His only complaints were about the prep for the procedure - he does not tolerate any kind of discomfort well, and he was nervous too (we all were!!). The doctor said he has some blockage but nothing unusual for his age and nothing that needs to be treated. So, barring anything unforseen, he should be listed for a transplant soon, once the insurance company approves it.

My mom is doing better tonight. Her primary care physician had her moved today to a rehab facility for a few days to "relax and calm down." My mom has problems with anxiety - she gets herself worked up until the point that she actually makes herself sick, or thinks she's sick and goes to the ER, but they can't find anything wrong. The doctor told my brother that he had an idea this would happen, based on past experience. My brother said the anxiety is her biggest problem right now. He said she was talking more, eating a little, and not complaining about being in pain. Her BP was better this morning. So I'm feeling relieved that she's doing better tonight.

Thank you all again for your support! It means more than you will ever know.

KPH
July 25th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I'm glad things are looking up. We'll keep the prayers going up for you and yours.

GuitarGramma
July 25th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Such good news about your husband. I missed your original post about your mother, but I'll add her to my prayers, too.

Blessings to you all!

KarenC
July 26th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Oh the power of prayer. Glad to hear your good news.

Star lover
July 26th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Praise the Lord, for your husband and your mother.....both doing well. I'm so thankful for you too!

Bubby
July 26th, 2018, 07:42 AM
This is answered prayer. So glad to hear everything has eased up some.

Monique
July 26th, 2018, 07:48 AM
That is good news. I will say more prayers.

geegeequilts
July 26th, 2018, 02:38 PM
I am a BIG BIG believer in the power of prayer. Will continue prayers for you all.

Gina