PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your prayers

GuitarGramma
July 24th, 2018, 02:33 AM
Thank you all for your prayers for my mother-in-law. She breathed her last at 8:30 this evening.

My husband and his sister drove yesterday to see their mother and to help their brother who has been MIL's caregiver. The one other living brother also flew there. In the end, they all had the privilege of spending the last day of their mother's life with her. Beautiful things were said, and memories were made that will last for the rest of their lives.

My mother-in-law died surrounded by her children, with hymns being sung and prayers being prayed. As one of her favorite prayers ended, she looked heavenward. She smiled, obviously seeing something wonderful. And she passed away. My husband, through his tears, said it was beautiful.

I have been so touched by all of you who said you'd pray for my mother-in-law. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. She was one of the sweetest people who have ever walked this earth.

Bouse
July 24th, 2018, 03:23 AM
So glad her family had some special time with her before she passed peacefully.

Star lover
July 24th, 2018, 07:00 AM
It was a privilege to prayer for you all. Thankful her family was around her and she went peacefully. What a beautiful way to leave this earth......your loved ones around you, singing hymns....... Love and hugs.

KarenC
July 24th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Glad she was able to have all of her children there with her. So sorry for your loss.

Bubby
July 24th, 2018, 07:50 AM
I'm so glad she passed peacefully with her family around her.

amartin24
July 24th, 2018, 08:40 AM
What a beautiful way to pass, looking heavenward! Amen! So sorry for the loss of someone so dear to you and your family.

songbird857
July 24th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Toni,
So sorry for your loss - my own MIL was very precious to me (She passed away too soon about 20 years ago). Hugs to you :)

JCY
July 24th, 2018, 08:57 AM
May the Lord be with you all as you grieve, but also rejoice that she's home with the Lord.

Astatoo
July 24th, 2018, 08:58 AM
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace for the family.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 24th, 2018, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, but she was fortunate to be surrounded by family and wrapped in His love.

MRoy
July 24th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I'm glad her family was able to be there for her home-going. Thinking of you all during the coming days.

BethB
July 24th, 2018, 10:26 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Nancy

KPH
July 24th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss and so thankful that her family was there to witness her peaceful exit from this world into the her joyful reunion with those who have gone before.

MaggieSue
July 24th, 2018, 11:13 AM
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for all!!!

pcbatiks
July 24th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Sorry for your loss but thankful she passed peacefully with her family around her. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2018, 12:16 PM
So sorry to hear she passed, Toni. But what a wonderful way to go, with loved ones near and on the wings of song! My deepest sympathy to your family!

Cokie
July 24th, 2018, 09:20 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad she could have her family with her to sing and pray her along to eternal life.

Rhonda K
July 24th, 2018, 09:23 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Special thoughts for you and your family.

laura44
July 24th, 2018, 09:36 PM
So sorry for your loss. What a peaceful way to pass. Thank-you for sharing.

jjkaiser
July 24th, 2018, 10:37 PM
So sorry for your loss. But it sounds like she had a wonderful end of life day and it must give you all comfort you were with her at the end and could say goodbye.

Kgrammiecaz
July 25th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Such a beautiful ending. What a blessing that all could be together. Thank you for sharing this with us. Can never deny the power of prayer.

Judy, USMC
July 25th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Please pass on my condolence and sympathy to her family. Sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law.

GuitarGramma
July 25th, 2018, 03:10 AM
Thank you all so much. Your lovely thoughts, words and prayers mean the world to me. I'm home alone, 400 miles away from everyone else, and it's a tough time to be alone. It's been very helpful to me to be able to share things with you here on the forum.

Yes, it was a beautiful death, and I heard some interesting stories today. The gentleman from the funeral home had the same first name as my mother-in-law's maiden name. I'll change it for the sake of privacy, but imagine this: "Hello. My name is Taylor, and I'm here to collect your mother." And a family friend reported that last night she felt compelled to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for the sake of my mother-in-law. At the end, she "saw" my mother-in-law and her late husband together. She then found out that while she was praying, my mother-in-law passed.

Again, I think you all for being here and for helping me at this difficult time.

MissMay
July 25th, 2018, 08:59 AM
She really is Resting in Peace.

geegeequilts
July 25th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Toni

Your post made me think of my late SIL when she passed she had a peaceful but beautiful smile on her face. I imagine an angel coming to take her by the hand. She passed on Christmas Day.

My sympathy to you & your family.

Gina