PDA

View Full Version : Poor Asta!

Astatoo
July 19th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Just heard back from the vet, they can get us in at 3 today. Asta pup was a bit sluggish yesterday-he does gets pancreatitis sometimes so that is what we expected and began the protocol for that. Before we went to bed it looked like one side of his face was a bit puffy, but I thought it was just his fur all messy. This morning the one side is really swollen, his left eye is almost closed and his gums are even all puffy. Vet said to just keep an eye on him, keep him comfortable , only give water-with a bit of chicken broth-and the rice/chicken breast mix in small portions like usual for his condition. It is going to be a long day for us.

Georgie Girl
July 19th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Oh Beth my heart goes out to you. I know how special our furry friends are to us.

jjkaiser
July 19th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Oh no! Do you think he had a stroke? Or maybe stung by a bee? My fingers are crossed it is not too serious. Such a worry, times like this you wish your animals could talk!

Midge
July 19th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Oh no! Poor little baby. I wonder if he has an abscessed tooth given the one sided swelling. Whatever it is, I hope the treatment goes well.

K. McEuen
July 19th, 2018, 11:54 AM
I'm surprised the vet didn't say to give him a Benadryl to see if that would take the swelling down, just in case he was was stung by something.

KPH
July 19th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I hope all goes well.

Judy, USMC
July 19th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Keeping you in mind today, Beth ... I know it's stressful waiting until this afternoon. Hoping do hear of a good prognosis.

Cokie
July 19th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I hope he feels better soon. This sounds similar to when our dog got stung by a bee once on the side of her face (she actually tried to eat the bee but the bee got her first!). I hope Asta will feel better soon.

Heather
July 19th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Our little guy had similar, it was a rattlesnake bite though. I hope Asta is going to be OK!

Astatoo
July 19th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Asta update....severe infection on left side of mouth, too swollen to really tell what from but most likely tooth abscess. Given fluids for dehydration and anti-biotics must bring him back on Tues. so they can determine cause and probably schedule tooth work. He is already a bit more active.

KarenC
July 19th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Glad to hear he is feeling better already.

geegeequilts
July 19th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Oh poor baby! So glad he's feeling better. I can't stand for my furbabies to feel bad even a little.

Gina

Cokie
July 19th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Asta is lucky to have you to take such good care of him. Happy that he's feeling better - hope for a solution next week.

Simply Quilting
July 19th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Poor furbaby. I am glad that the cause was found and hopefully, a speedy recovery.