PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning hellos

Monique
July 9th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Good morning friends. Monday again? Didn't I just post Monday hellos a few days ago?

Well it is Monday with sunshine and beautiful blue sky. Friday was a really chilly day where you almost needed a sweater. We were sweating bullets the day before. Now we are back to warm temperatures minus the high humidity. I don't mind this weather.

I didn't do much on the weekend. Oh the brakes are fine on the van. Must just be dirt on them. We attended a wedding on Saturday and went with another couple. We had a great time. Yesterday I was tired, had myself 2 naps and still went to bed early last night.

Today's challenge is getting Bonnie's sewing room organized so we can take the sewing machine off the kitchen table. She has already been through Ted's stuff and has a bunch to take to the church. She is really doing well.

I have nothing on the calendar for the rest of the week but I do need to finish that paper piecing wall hanging for the weekend. It is my brother's 60th. And then working/quilting the next two weeks. Time is flying by so quickly.

On that note, hubby wants breakfast. Have a super duper day friends.

KPH
July 9th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Good Morning Monique and all that follow.

It's kind of funny, kind of sad, my MIL won't let Chuck (BIL that had the wreck) drive at all while Mike's here and he's acting just like a little kid about it.

Yesterday we went on a Sunday afternoon drive. He had to see where the wreck was. He swore the stop sign was way off the side of the road and a corn field was blocking it. It was right where it should be, no corn field, he just wasn't paying attention. Then we got lost, drove around the Kokomo airport several times and saw a lot of corn and soy bean fields. We finally made it to business 31, I was so turned around by then I was glad to see something I recognized. Good thing I went to the bathroom before we left the house!

I'm looking forward to getting home and sleeping in my own bed. MIL's guest bed is only slightly harder than the floor and my back is just starting to get used to it. It's definitely not made for a side sleeper.

Time to get started. She's already prepped the banana pudding for dessert tonight.

Monique, I hope organizing Bonnie's sewing room will provide you both with lots of laughter today.

Prayers for those in need and thanksgiving prayers for all of our many blessings.

Star lover
July 9th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to be back! Lots of catching up to do.

Monique, I was so sad to hear about Bonnie's husband. She's so fortunate to have you!

Sounds like everyone's been busy. The weather is behaving somewhat better for some of us. We've been through so many changes. Earlier last week, 100 and the humidity!!!! Whew, bout did me in. Then it cooled off after storms. Yesterday was perfect! Today we start warming up. I just hope the humidity stays AWAY!!!!

So thankful Katrina is safe and hope she has a safe trip home. Lots of busy sewers during the heat wave....mmmmm....maybe heat, humidity is a good thing? No. I didn't do a single thing....to much other stuff to do. Besides it's no fun living in a puddle of your own sweat!

Hope everyone is doing well and you're able to enkpnoy the day and maybe get time to do something you Love !!!

Cathy F
July 9th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Morning all,
Sun is shining, looks to be another nice day. Hopefully not too hot.

Will have to manage my time wisely calendar is full this week and don't know if it will leave much room for sewing. Hopefully will be able to squeeze some in as I only have a bit more to finish on my table runner and would like to see it done. Waiting for a lap quilt to come back from being quilted should be soon, I have the binding done and ready to go.

Tomorrow night is our pot luck dinner for Pilot Club. The gal hosting is providing the hot dogs and hamburgers and her husband will be doing the grilling members will bring the side dishes. I'm thinking I'll bring my tortallini salad as my pot luck. Wednesday is an alumni luncheon from noon to 4:30, so there will be a day of no cooking, love days like that! Thursday is breakfast out with our friends day which will be shorter than usual as I have a medical test that morning.

Well, time for some coffee, then tackle a few chores. Wishing everyone a good day.

Bubby
July 9th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Morning Everyone....I'm up and ready for a full day. I feel great today so far. I'm doing some laundry and waiting for the Girls to wake up again so I can feed them. They were up at 5am but that's too early for food, even for them. I have most of my chores done already and I can see a block of time for sewing if the Girls will cooperate.

We had a busy Saturday in Cuba and a nice lazy day yesterday. We had baby back ribs for dinner yesterday with plenty left over for another meal. I will make some slaw today to go with them.

Some time this week I hope to get at least one of the pups in for their first 'puppy cut'. They need to become comfortable with our groomer. They both had baths yesterday because they dug in the mud for at least an hour. Once they are dirty we let them have all the fun they want before cleaning them up.

Monique, wishing you a sweet day with Bonnie.

Have a great day everyone.

KarenC
July 9th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone. It was so good to awake in my own bed this morning. Encountered rain yesterday coming home, which made the drive longer, but finally got home about 3:30. Was surprised to find my ex was here with the grandbaby. Her eyes lit up as soon as I walked in. They had come and were spending the day with my son who is currently living here. They ended up staying until almost 8. It was a good visit for all.
The baby shower for niece on Saturday was nice. She liked the quilt I made her. I never knew they made so much baby stuff with foxes. There was no doubt what her theme was.

Today I will join other guild members to sew on items for the boutique shop at the 2020 show. The guild has a show every 2 years. I don't remember what we're making this month, but it should be nice just to sew with others instead of alone at home.

Lastly, if you can all remember my friend Irma in your thoughts and prayers, i'd appreciate it. She is now home with hospice since her cancer has progressed so much very aggressively.

chelea
July 9th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday was a quiet one spent with family at home. We took a walk to the farm stand for fruits and veggies. I kept away from the section with plants since I can't seem to leave without bringing home some sort of shrub. I've been working on a patch of garden that has become a shade garden over the past couple of years. I need to move the roses out and I'm slowly adding shade plants. Last week I planted a hosta called "Empress Wu". It can reach 4 ft. tall and wide and the leaves have a blue hue to them. Right now I have 2 different ground covers, some Lily of the Valley, hosta, a blue hydrangea, variegated solomon's seal and some yellow daylillies and catmint that are still blooming, even in shade. I'm trying to get the bed totally filled in so there's no soil showing...in the spring I'll just have to replace the mulch around the edges of the bed. I'm so tired of all the weeding and replacing mountains of mulch every spring in the 8 big flower beds around our house and yard.
Yesterday I finished the D9P. I did something different-sewed the binding on by machine and it came out passable. Definitely need to work on that. Then I started last week's Blockhead block. They gave us a coloring page to try things out before cutting and it was helpful to work out possible color combinations. I got the geese made. Today I'll work out a star for the middle block...the original pattern has a plain square in the center.
I'll say a prayer for Bonnie and and Irma.
Hope everyone finds some time to sew today.

JCY
July 9th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. was my 76th BD. I talked to both of my sons (1 in MD, 1 in WA) on the phone. I guess my treat to myself was a very small dish of Breyer's vanilla ice cream with shaved SF choc. & peanuts on top.

DS#1 has his in-laws visiting from Holland. They fly home on Wed. the 11th. They came June 20. He was able to get 6 slots (you have to know someone or go through your congressman to get on the list) to tour the White House. They are going tomorrow. I'd love to tour the WH. His wife's sis & BIL spent the 4th & a few days in NYC. The water front fireworks were moved further down the river this year, so they didn't have a very good viewing position.

I did make it to the sewing room yest. I clipped threads off the back of the Bloom Bouquet top, spray starched & pressed both the top & the backing, so they're ready to be sandwiched. The batting is cut to size & fluffed in the dryer. Maybe I can get things sandwiched & pin basted today. I have the 2.5" strips cut for the binding, but not yet stitched together. I'm having to use some strips from FQs in order to have enough. I'll piece those before I switch my DSM to the walking foot.

Our high temp. yest. topped out at 104. It felt hot in the house, even with the swamp cooler going. I drank extra water. It didn't cool off that much last night. It will be another hot one today. The skies still are hazy from the wildfires.

I have the laundry going. Two loads done; one to go. I'm changing the sheets on the bed today. The feather pillows are fluffed in the dryer & ready to go outside on the line for some sunshine.

I was glad to hear 4 more Thai boys have been rescued from the cave. I hope the remaining boys & coach also are safely rescued. What a scary ordeal for them. What a great world-wide effort to rescue them.

Well, I need to get on with my day. Thoughts & prayers for Bonnie & Irma.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 9th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Good morning everyone,
It was a busy weekend and things are not looking too promising for a quiet week either.

Monique - have fun setting up Bonnie's sewing room.
Katrina - as far as we may roam, there's no place like home.
KarenC - we never did figure out our ex relationship, and I would be furious if either of our ex's were even near my home. It's still a sensitive point, especially now that we have grandkids.
Chelea - your gardens sound lovely. I also have lots of beds needing mulch, and I am trying to reduce that amount of work. I have some large blue hostas. Leaves are about 2' and they have been flowering. Our yucca plants have also been flowering for over 2 weeks, but if we get a strong rain, the flowers will drop. The roses, daisies and Black-eyed Susans are in bloom. I did 3 hrs of yardwork on Friday and still need to squeeze more time in this week. Our season is so short to enjoy them, sad.
jCY - looking at going to Co, but would temps be better in Sept?

Saturday I went to a Quilt Show and Lavendar farm with my girlfriend to Prince Edward County, a 3 hr drive away. It's one of my favorite regions to vacation and visit. Sandbank beaches are equal to any salt water beach, and it's has become one of Canada's wine regions. So you guessed it, it has become very touristy in the last 20 years. Have been going for over 40 years and it's my happy place. DH spent his day at the gliding club and had 2 more lessons. He's like a kid when he talks about his flights. On his second flight, they caught a thermal and soared at 5000'. I know our kids and friends wonder why I let him do this, and it's because I love him and want him to be happy. All his life, he's done the cautious, responsible things and had dreams of doing things. If it wasn't money or family saying no, he didn't do it. He is working on his bucket list, and I'm glad he is happy.

Sunday was DH's birthday so we had his son's and my daughter's family (+5 GKs) over for pizza and cake. It was perfect for eating outside. It was a lovely visit and we took lots of pictures, to print and add to an album for my FIL. We were both wiped, so we both ended up napping on lazy boys.

Today, I have a massage and Dr appointment to refill Rx. I am slow going, as I was awake at 3 and didn't fall back asleep until 6. I hope to get a bit of sewing done before my appointments.

Gotta get moving, or I will seize up.

Carolnnc
July 9th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Good morning! It's day three of weird summer temperatures!

Yesterday morning I woke to 68 degrees. Up went the windows & out to the clothe line went the sheets.

It got down to 60 degrees last night so it's only 72 degrees now so I'm sitting on the deck enjoying the day. The highs will slowly creep back up over the next few days.

Ryker was 8 months old on Saturday. He has never gone potty in the house but this morning he pooped on the den floor. You could tell he knew it was an oops because he ran in his crate & laid down. I felt terrible because I was distracted and didn't notice he was circling near the door. I hope this doesn't cause him to do this again. The potty bells didn't work & I can't figure out how to teach him to give me a better sign that he needs to go out. He goes tomorrow to get his stitches out for the repair of the neuter surgery. He has become quite cranky & snappy after being in the cone for four weeks. If they don't tell me he can lose the "cone of shame" & go back to regular activity I will leave the dog & DH & head to Las Vegas to deal cards & live under an alias. You guys will see the newcomer "Sholanda Beaudreux" show up here to talk about quilting & the flashy lights of Vegas.

Today I'm hoping to finish measuring & marking fabric that I want to sell. I had to ladies contact me from an add I put on Nextdoor.com. I was hoping for a better response but I'll take what I can get. I have noticed the down turn in quilting materials & machines on Craigslist the last couple of years. I wonder if quilting is falling out of favor again.

Happy Birthday Joy!

Prayers for those in need.

Have a good day for when it's over we have only the memory!

Monique
July 9th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Well I am back home and the job got done at Bonnie's. At least now she will be able to sew in her room once again. I have left the little stuff for her to as she know how she wants things arranged but at least she knows where everything is. I have to go back later when Les gets home to remove a sewing machine from the front porch. She was given this machine but it needs repairs although the cabinet is nice. I don't know what I will do with it yet. NO not keeping it.

Have a great day everyone.

birdscraps
July 9th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Didn't have a chance to get on before leaving for work this morning as I had to make sure all the outside plants had plenty of water a it is another HOT one today. The humidity increased overnight which just adds to the discomfort. On my way into the office I got ever so slightly rained on - just enough to muck the car up. Will most likely wash it tonight as that's another way to keep cool.
Carol- good luck in Vegas at this time of the year! It was exactly a year ago this coming weekend that my son and I moved my husband home from having done a 2 year stint there on a work assignment. Packing a moving van in 116 degree heat - so not my idea of FUN! One bright spot - there are two quilt shops that are to die for in Vegas - so you have that going for you! :icon_heh:
The boss is headed out of town for the rest of the week after an early meeting tomorrow! Whoo hoo! Easy week for me.
Stay cool everyone and those of you experiencing cooler weather - send some West, please!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 9th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Just popped in to my account. Woohoo! My M* order of July 5th has shipped. Yeah. I should be able to follow it tomorrow. Let's see if it gets here before I get to Hamilton, MO.

The cats are awake and chasing a fly. It won't survive. These two are determined. The doors were open a lot yesterday with the GKs going in /out.