PDA

View Full Version : Friday Greetings

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 6th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Oh I am up way too early.

It is windy and a bit cooler today, but the t-storm and rain we were expecting went north and east and missed us. Yesterday, DH saw his doc. He thinks he is healing well but has given him a requisition to get an x-Ray in a week. Then we dropped by his work to sign papers, then headed west to the LQS where I had a $151 coupon to spend. I bought a border fabric and extra yardage of coordinating fabric to match yesterday's DD and yardage I ordered. I also managed to find other fabric to coordinate with my stash as I plan future quilts. After we got home, I drove east for a girlfriend's mom's wake and came home. That was a lot of driving in one day. Today, it's chores around the house. I may do a bit of gardening since the heat wave has cooled, and it's going to be in the 70s.

I am getting closer to finalizing my itinerary and now to start looking into flights, accommodation and car rental. I think I can swing a detour to M*. I googled and it's about 4 hr drive away, but then I could return from Kansas City.

I hope everyone stays cool and dry.

Monique
July 6th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Good morning. Thank you Suzanne for starting us off this morning. Yes a much cooler day today and a lovely breeze.

I didn't do a whole lot yesterday as I had to work in the afternoon. I traced a lighthouse pattern that was borrowed and watched a movie. Yes I was busy at work, hahaha. I also got the chance to take Ted's belongings to Bonnie's. Her son is spending the weekend with her.

So today I have an appointment for the van. Seems to me that the brakes aren't what they should be. Front and back were both replaced last September in PEI at Canadian Tire so I am taking it to our local Canadian Tire to see what is going on. And then the rest of the day is mine. I might even get some sewing done while the weather is cooler. Tomorrow we have a wedding and I think we will go with friends so I don't have to drive. YIPPEE for a change. There is a community garage sale in the morning not far from here which we will also go to. Sunday will be a rest day.

Monday is designated as help get Bonnie's sewing room organized.

Have a wonderful day and a most wonderful and safe weekend.

Carlie Wolf
July 6th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Suzanne, that $151 coupon sounds wonderful. That's fun!

Instead of yesterday I have grocery shopping on the list for today. Mower came yesterday so I put that together although it was too hot to give it a try. I did button hole a guy who was mowing a neighbors lawn around noon to just do my back lawn which got too high for me and he said he'd come over as soon as he was done that one. I was thrilled so I also lined him up to do mine every other week. And would you believe he's willing to do it for $5 cheaper than the former slacker??? It was beautiful out sunny, clear etc. Then 15 minutes later the skies opened up and we have massive lightening, torrential rain and it lasted a little over an hour. What? What? Do I have a grey cloud following me around . Is my lawn never suppose to get done???? I'm looking forward to the next couple of days because it's suppose to be around 80.

I'm going to start working on the Secret Santa names and hopefully get them out by the end of the weekend. I have several orders due to get here. My new Martelli blades that were on sale and the beautiful Sitar daily deal. Not sure which projects I'm going to start next but I do have some ideas lined up :-)

Have a good day all.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 6th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Suzanne, that $151 coupon sounds wonderful. That's fun!

Yes it was a fabulous deal. The LQS posted a 1-day sale for Canada 151st birthday. If you spent $151, you got a $151 coupon to be spent in the store during July. I got one. DH also bought fabric, so he got one. We will go again as he didn't bring his, and he is giving it to me. Sweetie.

Carlie Wolf
July 6th, 2018, 08:36 AM
OMG, Suzanne, that's wonderful. I think I would have thought I died and went to heaven LOL

Bubby
July 6th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Good Morning...It's storming so this will be brief. It's supposed to only get into the 90's today. With rain we will have extra humidity so the cooler temp really doesn't matter. Next week is supposed to be a bit cooler.

The Girls are napping after eating their breakfast. They are growing like weeds. We may have Sugar groomed for the first time next week. We just want her hair shaped up a little, not shaved.

We have a full day planned for tomorrow at the apartments. Our new tenant is coming to sign her lease. She is so excited she called me every day this week. Since we forgot to stop at the bank last week we will do that first thing when we get to Cuba.

I like the little zipper candy bags and will give them a try. There are always empty peanut M&M bags around here. I ordered some of the vinyl. Skittle bags make cute bags because of all of the bright colors.

I guess it's time for me to run along. I hope everyone has a cool and safe Friday......

JCY
July 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good Morning ! I didn't have enough time to post early this a.m. Another hazy skies day. It's supposed to be in the 90's all the rest of the week. Ugh. Yest. it was supposed to be only in the 80's. Not! It got up to 94 at our house. But...the a.m. was cool with a nice breeze. I worked in the yard almost 3 hrs. The flower bed area I cleared had been overgrown with tall grass. I spaded it first, then sat down on my cushion to remove the grass from the dirt. I had shade & clouds much of the time, so that helped. While I was working, one of the half-grown rabbits came right up next to me, about 2 ft. away. Startled me. I didn't see it approaching. Then it wandered on to the back yard. I always wear gloves any time I'm working the yard; the rabbit droppings are everywhere. One of our friends from church who lives in the country got tularemia from rabbit exposure.

In the afternoon, I went to the groc. store for a few things. I never made it to the sewing room. Hopefully, today.

I was sorry to hear one of the divers in Thailand died when his oxygen tank ran out. It was a Thai navy seal. The oxygen supply in the cave where the boys are is running low. Rescue is needed promptly. It's going to be a huge undertaking with many risks.

This a.m. I'll be in the kitchen mixing up my turkey patties. I have to be done by 11:30 when DH eats his lunch. I'm always working around his daily schedule.

My DS#1 who lives in MD has his in-laws from Holland visiting till July 11. They came June 20. They were planning a day trip to Lancaster, PA yest. to see the Amish & visit the quilt stores. I'd love to visit the Lancaster area again. When I was there in 2003, I was not yet involved in quilting. I enjoyed browsing the shops. Such good food, too! (That was before I was diagnosed with diabetes.)

Well, here we are at another week end. Where does the time go.

MissMay
July 6th, 2018, 11:18 AM
AAhhh...enjoying having the windows open and cool breezes freshening up the stuffy house, such a relief from the past hot humid days. I would like to sit here all day but things need doing especially since the pantry and fridge are bare. Also have a ton of paperwork to go through, if I don't keep up with it it seems to multiply like laundry and fabric scraps do and then I'm overwhelmed.

birdscraps
July 6th, 2018, 03:39 PM
OMG! I think we've now moved to living on the surface of the sun! Temp when I got out of my car at the office this morning were already hitting 90! I wish the cool ocean breezes and overcast mornings would return.
Last night I pin basted my latest quilt outside on my patio table because it was cooler out there then in the house. Plan to sequester myself in the sewing room all weekend so I can get the FMQ done and make an attempt to stay cool.
Suzanne, I just got a birthday gift card from my LQS. I can't imagine getting one for $151 even with shopping rewards.
Stay cool everyone!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 6th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Well I'm enjoying this cooler weather. I worked in the yard, de weeding, watering and triming back dead shrubs this aft for about 3 hrs. Now enjoying a pear cider. It's been nice to have the doors and windows open.

Going to rest, as I think I will go to a quilt show (3hrs) away in my favorite wine area, which is also having a lavender festival. DH thinks he's ok to go gliding tomorrow. Sunday is his birthday, so I will have to think of something. If nothing else, cake for sure.

KarenC
July 6th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Well, I am finally getting online today. At moms' for a visit before attending niece's baby shower tomorrow. This way I can drive her instead of her driving. Of course, she thinks she is fine to drive. If I can do anything to prevent that, especially out of town, I will. So today she wanted caladiums planted in the front, so that is now complete. After that, worked on sewing curtains for my nephew. They only need hemming now, but he needs to hang the rod or curtain wire first. My sis will need to handle that since I will drive home Sunday. Mom also found some ABC books she started years ago that she wants me to take home and do the applique on my machine. Not sure when i'll get to work on my projects again.
Carlie, glad you found a new yard guy. Sounds like a winner.

KPH
July 6th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Evening All,

It was a beautiful day! The heat and humidity broke and it was in the low 80s. I didn't know how to act.

My BIL, Mike and I went to Kokomo this morning. BIL was driving his van and blew through a stop sign. Unfortunately, someone else was planning on being in that intersection at the very same time. Needless to say, they had a lesson in occupying the same space. It didn't work out so well either vehicle. So far, no one is feeling any ill effects. I took a hot bath a little bit ago and just laid down in the hot water and had a good soak.

Tomorrow is the big day, going to niece's baby shower. Should be interesting, an afternoon with the SIL sigh.

Tuesday will be our flying day, so we're starting to gather up our stuff to get ready to go. It's been a good trip. I really needed to get away, but I'm coming home with plans for two quilts to make. I've already ordered materials and the first part will be arriving Wed.

God Bless you all and keep you safe!

Patty J
July 6th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Katrina, So glad that you weren't injured in the accident. Glad that most of the trip worked out so well. Just go to that shower with a positive attitude and SIL will take the hint. Stay safe.

JCY
July 7th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Katrina,
I'm just now seeing this. So thankful you weren't injured in the accident. The Lord was watching over you. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your visit & have safe travels home.