PDA

View Full Version : Two scary things happened today

lots2do
July 3rd, 2018, 11:27 PM
First of all, both could have been a lot worse. But after the second, the husband said we'd better get home before a third thing happened. You know, that old saying about bad luck coming in thirds.
We were out doing errands in a busy tourist filled town and stopped at Home Depot. I had two plants in my hands and something under my arm and rushed across a puddle of water to look at something when I glided or hydroplaned right on the surface. Somehow I kept moving and didn't fall but it was so close. The husband said my past ice skating moves came in handy. A little sore but not damaged.
Then we went to a fast food place to get drinks. We pulled into the drive through and a little girl darted out of the door past her parents and right in front of our car. The husband stomped on the brakes and the little girl stopped with panic in her eyes as her Dad grabbed her from in front of the car. Thank goodness the hubby had his foot on the brake and was watchful. It was just too close for comfort.
So I guess we could say these were lucky events not unlucky but we still decided to go home as soon as we could. Phew!

Hulamoon
July 3rd, 2018, 11:39 PM
I fell in Walmart one time on my butt because of water. I was okay and said I don't need help. What I got out of your story was that you called him 'The Husband' lol

It's good to hear everyone is okay :)

Caroline T.
July 4th, 2018, 12:23 AM
I think I would have called it a day at that point too. Glad everyone avoided injury. Sounds like "The Hubby" (haha) not only was paying attention, but is instinctively alert.

Hopeing tomorrow turns your luck around, and it is pleasant, fun, and most of all safe.

GuitarGramma
July 4th, 2018, 01:51 AM
So glad that YOU and the LITLLE GIRL are both OK!!

14margarette
July 4th, 2018, 02:38 AM
It was indeed a tough day, I am glad that nobody got hurt. Maybe its just a bad day, I hope that you are just fine after these back to back events that you have experienced.

Monique
July 4th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Thankfully no one was hurt and that is what is important. Glad you didn't have a 'third'.

lots2do
July 5th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Well, knock wood but we've had smooth days since! Usually I do call him the hubby but that day, it seemed he needed a more formal title. Maybe I should have called him the hero because it could have been a horrific event for us all. So glad it wasn't. And he did used to teach driver's ed in the summer. Later he said that he definitely would have broken the chicken brake on that move.
Thanks for your support.

grammaterry
July 6th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Yes, I would have said it was a lucky day indeed and that God was watching out for all three of you.