PDA

View Full Version : Where do you

Astatoo
June 21st, 2018, 12:13 PM
Where do you buy your bag patterns? I am looking for a bag pattern, the paper type not a down loaded one. Since I am visually impaired, it is way to difficult for me to use the computer/Ipad to follow a pattern accurately. I also do not want to attempt to print out 20 or so color pages. I found a couple bags I would love to attempt on Craftsy but they seem to only offer downloads.

Thanks for any input!

amartin24
June 21st, 2018, 12:18 PM
I believe most patterns can be purchased and shipped to you if you choose instead of just downloads. I'm not sure about Craftsy though. I usually search for things on Pinterest and click on things I like to find the pattern. I would think a pattern would be easier on the computer because you can zoom in and change the resolution. No?

Astatoo
June 21st, 2018, 12:41 PM
I would think a pattern would be easier on the computer because you can zoom in and change the resolution. No?[/QUOTE]

I find on the computer, I am always enlarging, then scrolling then messing up, much easier to just place the pattern under the magnifier light and getting it done, easier to keep track of where I am in the process.

amartin24
June 21st, 2018, 12:52 PM
Ok. That makes sense!

K. McEuen
June 21st, 2018, 03:39 PM
Many quilt stores sell print patterns. Swoon offers print as well as PDF. SewSweetness does as well. Pink Pony Sand Designs is another and pretty sure M* sells some of those. Craftsy pretty much sells PDF patterns.

www.swoonpatterns.com

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 21st, 2018, 05:04 PM
My local quilt store carries many. My favorites are from a Canadian site called Among Brenda's Quilt. She has easy to follow instructions and sells the hardware needed if you want at same time, often cheaper than LQS.

Here's a bag I made. This one is called Voyager, and is legal size for carry on. Of course, she has purses, totes. 153364. 153365

Hailey3656
June 22nd, 2018, 07:20 AM
I have made several Lazy Girl bags and have been very pleased with them. The instuctuons are very clear and in most cases contain colored pictures. Check out their website. For most patterns you have the option to receive a physical copy or download the pattern.

https://www.lazygirldesigns.com/

tsladaritz
June 22nd, 2018, 12:44 PM
I just watch for $. 99 sale on patterns at Joanns, hobby lobby and on line the pattern company will sell them almost as cheap.
I buy a few I like on sale and then make them as I get around to it. This week I have made the Simplicity 1388 back pack and it turned out pretty good. The instructions were surprisingly well written with beginners in mind.