PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
June 19th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Good morning. It is a beautiful sunny, much cooler day that it was yesterday. The humidity yesterday was a killer. I found it really hard to work even though the air conditioner would kick in. At one point I felt horrible and had to sit down and take a break. I wasn't sure I would last the day. It was another busy day but the day goes so much quicker that way. Anyway I made it through but was in bed by 7pm. I was so so tired. Even slept in this morning, hence the late post.

Today is a much cooler day and I think I will venture to the sewing room and do some rearranging. I have to manage my small space better. I also have to decide what I am taking to Sandy's (not our Sandy here although I wish) for the mini retreat at her house. Don't forget your bathing suit I was told. It will feel more like a spa than a retreat I think. I will be missing a shopping trip they are planning for tomorrow. I am sad but my wallet will be so happy to miss it. If I don't see it, I won't want it, right?

Have a wonderful day my friends. Stay safe from the weather wherever you are.

MissMay
June 19th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Big storm last night and the humidity has my joints stiff and aching. On top of that I haven't had my coffee yet so I don't have much to say other than OUCH.
I'm trying Bugs, more coffee and 2 Advil should do the trick.

Navy Wife
June 19th, 2018, 09:49 AM
We are in for another hazy, hot, and humid day. Summer has arrived too early! We have miserably hot weather in summer, but not in June!
I worked on my baby quilt yesterday. Got about a third quilted before the arthritis kicked in. I hope to finish it today as baby will be here no later than the 28th. I think this will be the last one for a while. The grandkids seem to be content with their families for now. One GS is just divorced and might remarry some day, so that's a possibility. Guess I had better keep the baby quilt patterns!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 19th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Good morning ladies,

I have to second that, Monique, the humidity was a killer. I was on the road, picking up a friend before 10 and we drove to St-Albert cheese factory, which was half way point to meet other girlfriends meeting us there. We had a great early lunch, and enjoyed the new facilities, rebuilt from a fire 3 years ago. Also enjoyed pouting - a combination of French fries, topped with cheese curds and gravy. Yes, it's a heart attack in a bowl, but once in awhile it's ok. I forgot to tell them to go easy on the gravy, so the fries were swimming.

Then had to rush back for 2pm dental appointment. Stayed in, in A/c and prepped some frozen meals for my DD. I made her turkey, veggies in a spiral pasta with celery soup sauce. I also made a few freezer meals for us, of roast beef, mushroom and peas on egg noodles. This will be handy when I am sewing and don't want to stop to make dinner.

I have to run as I am babysitting Cedric for 4 hours, who is 15 months, and getting into everything. I may go to the park as it is cooler today. 153308

Have a good day everyone.

KarenC
June 19th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Suzanne, that little boy is precious! I had my GD on Sunday for about 6 hours. Truly a delight. Today is a day off for sitting, so trying to decide what to do. I need to go return some items at IKEA, just hate to drive to Houston only for that, and we're expecting thunderstorms later today. Finished binding a quilt for the charity bee at guild. I now have 3 ready to turn in next week. Also had some for Quilts Beyond Borders that I shipped off yesterday. I'm really trying to get things out of my sewing and quilting rooms. Having my son here really helps me to stay focused on getting rid of clutter. Finished another top yesterday (ok, it was a panel with 2 borders, not rocket science). Have several scraps of minky to piece together a backing for it. This one will be for the quilt group at church. Then I will take a break from charity quilts and work on some of my own projects.

OK, time to get some breakfast and get moving. Hope everyone has a great day.

Bubby
June 19th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone....Suzanne, your little Cedric is adorable! I'm sure you love spending time with him.

Dottie is sick with diarrhea and as of this morning vomiting. Spoke with the vet and she will be eating rice and chicken until things straighten up. I have meds here for her symptoms. We were outside four times last night. I can tell she's miserable and she won't let me get out of her sight. She's Mommy's Girl for sure. I cancelled her grooming for today and will reschedule it for next week.

I got a box with two quilt kits yesterday that will go on my shelf for a while. I would love to do some machine embroidery.

We bought a new Samsung over-the-range microwave about a month ago and we are not happy with it at all. It looks nice but the interior is black and that bothers me. The buttons are hard to push and hard to read. Also, you can't warm anything up while the timer is in use. No wonder it was priced right! It will likely end up in one of the apartments.

Okay, the pups are sleeping and I need to get some housework done. I hope everyone has a good day....Hugs

KPH
June 19th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Good Morning All,

It's been a busy day here already and I haven't gotten anything done. lol, Jim called and brought the car back. He swapped the truck out to take Jonathan to the ball game last night. They got to Daytona for the game and it had been cancelled. The sod they'd put down hadn't taken hold and it wasn't safe for the players. They still got the all you can eat wrist bands, and were able to explore the park, eat and shop. So it was disappointing but still a nice outing for the two guys. They'll go to another game with the vouchers they were given, but I think they'll take the whole family since they ended up with an extra set of vouchers.

Jerrod is on his way back to NC. He's excited about the possibilities and more confident in his purpose.

Russell is hitting rock bottom, after all of the strides in getting him the help he needs, the instructor of this class sent him an email with all that he's missed in the last three days. It was four pages long and no indication that there will be any assistance that he was promised. Melinda forwarded the email to the president and she responded immediately, but the damage is done and I'm not sure he'll even go back. It breaks my heart because he's such a great guy but knowing that his mom started this feeling of failure when he was a little kid makes me so angry.

Jim is starting to rip up the tile from his house today. lol, and the dear asked if I wanted to go help clean up. Really? Uh, NO! I've got enough problems with my own allergies without going to his house to be in all that dust from breaking tile. I hope he gets most of the demo done today, so he'll be able to start laying the vinyl planks tomorrow. They're already talking about repainting rooms. I know I'd do that before I started laying the floors.

Mike's quilt is ready to be picked up. He's off tomorrow, so we'll pick it up then. I'm excited to see what it looks like, get it bound and ready for his bedroom.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

GuitarGramma
June 19th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Looking forward to a brighter day today than yesterday. I just felt tired all day long. I literally felt like I woke up at 5:15PM. Then I was raring to go! I started scrubbing the kitchen, working on a long-languishing graphics project, exercising. It was a bit weird, but may have been stress relief. I was slated for jury duty yesterday, but they just kept telling my group number to call in and then finally said we were not needed and were excused. I believe in doing my civic duty, but now would have been really inconvenient (and I'd already postponed once).

So here's to a more productive day!

JCY
June 19th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Greetings ~ I can't say good morning, because it's already 12:30. Not sure if I even should be on here. We're in the middle of a thunderstorm. The weather has been very unsettled the past 2 days. Yest. eve. we had heavy rain, some pea sized hail. Other areas got larger hail. I'm glad today's rain waited until DH & I had our DMV appts. this a.m. Making an appt. on line ahead of time sure is a win-win. After I brought him home, I made a run over to Home Depot for a couple gardening tools. I've been searching on line; HD had these in the store, & cheaper than on line.

I was on here early this a.m., but I decided to buy the DD. I bought 2 charms packs, 1 at the reg. price, as well as the matching panel. I see now it's sold out. I used the 1010 promo code & my quilter's cache, so saved $.

I finally did some FMQ yest. afternoon on the quilt. After my arms got tired, I cut up some fabric -- scraps left over from another project -- into 2.5" x 4.5" pcs. and 2.5" squares. Batiks fabrics.

Barb, I was not as satisfied with the new microwave I bought earlier this year. The one like we had before was out of stock & I needed something right away. Ours is white, which is the only color I buy. Although this one is still an 1100 watt, it doesn't heat as hot as the old one. Also, like yours, I can't use it to heat if the timer is on. Now I just use the timer on the stove. Also, it doesn't give repeated beeps when the item has finished heating. And the door opener is stiff. But we decided to keep it. It's a Frigidaire.

Well, the storm worsened & we just got some marble size hail! So loud! I'll post some pics in another thread. My geraniums are shredded!