PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday!

Monique
June 18th, 2018, 07:08 AM
And that means today is a work day for me. It is a wet cloudy start to the day. It is still pretty muggy out. I hear the birds really singing this morning. I guess they are liking the wet weather.

We took a little drive yesterday and bought some sand baked beans. It is a place that is famous for their beans. The only problem is beans beans they make you toot!!

I didn't get into my sewing room as it was just too hot. I will wait until I go to my mini retreat on Thursday. I was told to bring a swimsuit. It will feel more like a spa than a retreat. But I am looking forward to it.

Not much happening until then.

Have a great day everyone.

Cathy F
June 18th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Morning all,
Enjoying the solitude of the morning in the sunroom watching the birds at the feeders. Going to breakfast with friends this morning but other than that no specific plans for the day.

Yesterday my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids came for a barbeque for Father's Day, weather was nice and was a good day with the family. Have a bit of leftovers so no cooking tonight.

Hope to spend a little time in the sewing room, trying to keep that Christmas workshop going and not slack off, we'll see how that goes!

Wishing everyone a good day!

Star lover
June 18th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone!

Mmmm, sand baked beans....sound wonderful! I wonder how that works? I'll google afterwards. Hope your day goes well Monique!
Breakfast with friends sounds nice Cathy....enjoy!

Hot....no....HOT and HUMID!!!!! 97 yesterday.....but it's going to cool off to 92 today! Oh my, the humidity! I got a knife out, just to cut my way through it......just kidding, but it sure is bad. Thunderstorms tonight, is suppose to bring in cooler weather. Soooo looking forward to the storms!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful day!

Bubby
June 18th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone....Jeff had a nice Father's Day. My DD sent him a generous gift card for Bass Pro so he will be shopping for a new game camera when he gets home this evening. We had grilled ham, potato salad, slaw, rolls and chocolate lush for dessert.
The Girls enjoyed the day, too. Maggie is nearly housetrained and hasn't had an accident for about two weeks. Sugar can't be bothered. Dottie has had a few grouchy days and trouble breathing with the high humidity and our 100 degree heat.

The little girls are wanting their breakfast so I have to get off here and start another busy day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

KPH
June 18th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was the first day in a while that we didn't have evening thunderstorms. It was nice for a change.

Bible Study went very well last night. It seems everybody had more challenges with the lesson, but it was interesting that most of the people were concerned with getting the right answer. Me, I did exactly what I used to tell my kids, if you're not sure and you've gone back to the passage to read it again put your best guess and move on. I sat there thought, alright this is supposed to challenge you to look with new eyes, but it's not going to be graded. Wait until you see the video before you go all nuts about it. I almost wish the person leading would start with the video and then go over the questions. I think the discussions would be deeper if she did.

I didn't make it into the sewing room, but did make it to the storage locker. I'll have to call them today since there was a puddle of water on the floor, but there was no water on any of the boxes. Everything on the floor is in plastic boxes so nothing was harmed, but I can't say I was thrilled seeing the water in there.

Today, my DIL's mom and I are going shopping in St. Augustine. I'm not sure if she wants to go to the old city or the outlets. It really doesn't matter to me... it's a day OUT!

11 days until Toys R Us closes up. Mike and I will look for flights to IN and see when we can get the best deal on tickets. He's thinking that if the 'clean up' pays like work, he might stay on for a bit. Otherwise, we can get out of town!

I managed to get a couple of things done for Secret Santa on Saturday and have a couple of idea sitting on my dining room table. Maybe tomorrow will be the day to work on that since Jim is all excited about ripping the tiles out of his house. I don't blame him one bit. I hate the tile in his house too. They're going to replace it with vinyl plank flooring. We saw some that had weathered 2 floods in the show room (after Matthew and Irma). I think it's a wise choice with kids, and especially safer in the kitchen than porcelain tile that breaks so easily. Personally, I'm still a fan of the old solid sheet flooring in the kitchen, but you can't get that anymore that holds up like the stuff I grew up with (linoleum).

Cathy, I've been enjoying the birds this morning, too. They do brighten the day.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers for Jerrod that everything goes well in his gene therapy trial. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
June 18th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a change in the weather. Cloudy much of yest. with intermittent sprinkles & only 73 deg. This a.m. it's still raining lightly. At least the rain has been very helpful for the wildfires in SW Colo. I don't have much planned for today except laundry. I never made it to the sewing room yest. I need to get back to the FMQ on the Bordered 9-P.

Tomorrow are our appts. with the DMV to renew our driver's licenses. DH is dreading it. Anything out of his usual daily routine in stressful for him. They make you take off your glasses for the pics. I made our appts. on line maybe a mo. ago. It's the only way to do it to prevent having to wait forever in line.

I've been shopping on line for a long handled dandelion weeding tool. I found one at Amazon, but discovered it's cheaper at Home Depot. I also saw a cobra head weeder (curved) that looks promising. I'm shopping for tools that will help me get those weeds in between the 2 fences.

Well, time to get on with my day.

Ginny B
June 18th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone. It's going to be a hot day today. finally some real summer weather.

Well, I have empty nest syndrome for sure this morning. I took my youngest son Tim and his gf Mandy to the airport this morning for their flight home to Georgia and yesterday Steve, Ana and Zeke flew home to California. :icon_sniff: We had an absolutely wonderful week. Having all 4 of the boys and the rest of the family all together was so wonderful. Zeke and I got to spend a lot of time together and love hearing him call "Oma". I'll get my pictures organized and post some over the next day or so.

Off to work I go. Have a marvelous Monday all.

grammaterry
June 18th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Katrina, I have been buying solid sheet linoleum for the floor under my Mccaws cage. I just get remnants but the last time...year before last...I got some that is thick and I think Armstrong that has held up remarkably well. I hope you can find some.
I sewed a little yesterday and then I played with a box of things Miss May sent me. She sent this beautiful Japanese panel and some matching fabrics. I have bordered it and made a backing. I am excited to FMQ it. I'm thinking fans.
It is hot and muggy here too. BUt not unbearable. I weeded a couple of hours yesterday and was dripping wet from sweat and so I came to the house, stripped and got in the pool. I love dropping my core temp so rapidly. I was good for the day. I am not a strong swimmer and wish I could do laps but the cooling effect of swimming down the length and back is phenomenal. DH won't get in the pool...martyr that he is. Says he'd rather get in the pond (yuk...algae , fish, and no telling what) but he doesn't do that either.

MissMay
June 18th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Nice and cool here this morning but it will be heating up soon, time to get the AC going. Our AC works through our heating ducts on the floor and the fans help circulate the cool air to the hot spots. Also need to get out some lighter clothes. This time I'm tossing anything I didn't wear last year. Did that with the winter/fall clothes by sending a big bag to the church's thrift shop.

Had a good weekend with all 3 sons taking Dad and I out for Father's Day dinners and then just hanging out. DS#2 & DIL didn't hang out as they had to pack for their trip to New Orleans this morning to visit their DD and her family. Their DD's DH just received a new position and they will be moving to Amsterdam for 1 1/2 to 2 years. They are very excited, wish DH and I still could travel as we'd be visiting them often. We're going to miss them especially their 2 little ones as they visit Jersey often.

Terry, glad the package arrived, see that you have already put one quilt together. Fans sound like the perfect quilting pattern.

PS: Not the photo I meant to post but still good advice.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 18th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's a hot humid day, with thunderstorm and hail warnings on weather channel. I was woken up by downpours around 3am. This morning, I pick up a GF and head out of town to meet other girlfriends for a quick lunch at a cheese factory. It's also Joanne's birthday. It will be fun to see everyone. I have to rush back to town for a dental appointment.

Yesterday we had dinner at Eric's house. The girls are really growing, but still too active for our taste. They got really hyper after the brownie dessert. Note to self, no sugar treats on Saturday when all the grandkids come over for brunch. This will be a busy week, with appointments and babysitting. Probably no sewing this week, unless I get some time in the evenings. I also have to get ready to have everyone over. Last time was xmas, as we went to restaurant for Easter.

Have a good day everyone, stay cool, stay dry and be safe. Mother Nature seems to be grumpy.

KPH
June 18th, 2018, 07:48 PM
What a lovely day! It was hot, but there was a sea breeze so it wasn't too bad in the old city of St. Augustine. We walked around the old town, explored some of the side streets and really enjoyed looking at the variety of paint colors in those old neighborhoods. Tammy and I had a nice lunch at the Florida Cracker and just looked at some of the eclectic shops. I didn't find a vase, so I see a trip to some thrift stores, or maybe Hobby Lobby in my future.

Got a phone call from Jerrod. He's in really good spirits. His liver is smaller than it was for his last check up. I was like is that good or bad? He's like it's great. With that news, he's found out that he's a good candidate for the trial, depending on the results of the blood tests. The gene therapy is delivered through a virus and they have to make sure he doesn't have any of the antigens for the virus. If that goes well, he'll be back up there in 2 weeks for the treatment. He's finally realizing what he's doing, if it works, could help so many people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers going up.

It's funny, you can go days and days with the phone not ringing at all (other than those bothersome calls) then the one day you go out, there are messages left and right. The Bug Out guy called, he'll be here tomorrow. Melinda called, Russell is a nervous wreck about going back to his schooling. I feel for her because she's been depending on him to advocate for himself and he hasn't done it at all. The president of the school is involved now and they have a plan in place for him to go back, have reading tutors, more time, etc. Now to get him back in the building! His nerves are shot. Dyslexia (all 5 forms) plus the damage done by his mom (if you'd just work harder you'd get it) are all surfacing. He doesn't see that he's reliving his childhood school challenges but he can get the help he needs to be successful now. I know Melinda is about ready to pull her hair out dealing with the drama. It's a time when having Howard around would help.

Mike called to see if I was home, and if I had a good time. Jim called, Tammy had already talked to Morgan and he wanted to see if I'd had a good time. My kids are sweet, but they'd deny it.

My fat quarters came in that I ordered last week and I was notified that my order from M* from Saturday has been shipped. I guess tomorrow will be a put the phone numbers into my smarty pants phone that Jim helped me pick out.