PDA

View Full Version : down in the dumbster

Swedish leo
June 18th, 2018, 04:26 AM
Hi

I am feeling a bit blue because I got tennis elbow in both elbows and it hurts. ... :-(

I have started treatment last Tuesday and it will get better eventually but for right now it is not so fun.

14margarette
June 18th, 2018, 04:35 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your current situation, I will pray for your fast recovery. Please, cheer-up.

Monique
June 18th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Oh no!! I hope it doesn't take too long to recover from this. It must affect your sewing.

Carol336
June 18th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Ouch!!! So sorry Annika. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Bubby
June 18th, 2018, 07:53 AM
So better sorry to hear this...feel better soon.

KPH
June 18th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Oh Annika, I do hope the therapy helps you get back pre-tennis elbow shape soon. My dad had tennis elbow (long ago) I still remember him telling the doctor - nope can't be tennis elbow because I don't play tennis. Of course, the dr wouldn't transfer it to his sister that did play tennis, but he tried to get rid of it the easiest way first.

DeniseSm
June 18th, 2018, 08:14 AM
So sorry. Ouch. Hope you recover quickly.

KarenC
June 18th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Sorry for the pain you'really in. Hoping you can barrel through the therapy and be back to pain free soon.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 18th, 2018, 09:46 AM
I hope your therapist has you feeling like new again. Years ago, I got tennis elbow in right arm, then left. No fun. Eventually got better, but not before I had to have traction for neck/spine. That was the root 0f issues for me. Never played tennis. Then a few years ago, I got golfer's elbow. Got fixed. Again, I never golfed.
Time is a good healer, along with exercises.

MissMay
June 18th, 2018, 10:16 AM
153297 Feel better soon.

Astatoo
June 18th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Oh no! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Hulamoon
June 18th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Ouch! Believe it or not I have that right now too. I lost my health insurance because of my husbands passing. I would be interested in what type of exercises you do. And how in the world do you get it without playing a sport?

Swedish leo
June 18th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Hi

Thank you all for you kind words !

I got it because I carry to much. I have something that is called: Chronic pain syndrome due to loose joints and ligaments.
In other words I am not put together right. I am not allowed to carry heavy things or do monotony choirs.
This easter my mom moved to a service home and me and my sisters moved her home to the new home. and since then we take turns to see her and shop groceries for her. It just was a bit to much for my body to handle.

My massage therapist is treating me with massage and ultra sound. He has good hopes that I will recover with in 3 -4 treatments.

Star lover
June 18th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Ouch! Believe it or not I have that right now too. I lost my health insurance because of my husbands passing. I would be interested in what type of exercises you do. And how in the world do you get it without playing a sport?

I got it also after doing PT to myself following torn rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder. I got online and all,o could find was some kind of "squishy" tube you rotated and I want going to pay the cost for it and shipping. Soooooo ( this worked for me - I'm not expert by a looooong short!):

I got a towel and rolled it up. Extended my arms out in front of me and held the rolled towel between them, patella with the floor. One hand grasped it with palm up, the other palm down. Twist the towel as much as you can and relax. Repeat often. I had tennis elbow in both elbows, so I switched palm up/down. Now I can't remember which one should be up, if you only have one.

Maybe try both and see which one has the worse pain.......mmmmm, sorry.

Lorie and Anika, I hope of you feel better soon......it's miserable. Mine comes back from time to time, when I do too much......

JCY
June 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Annika, sorry for your aches & pain. Something like that definitely affects the sewing & FMQ. I think DH & I keep Aspercreme in business! We use it twice daily on our various body parts that bother us. When I have a real flare up, I use Arnica gel or oil.; it's applied topically. It's a homeopathic item, so I have to buy it at the local natural grocers. DH also uses a horse liniment that we buy at the ranch wholesale store; it's called Bigeloil. Both the Arnica & Bileloil are available on line.

I've also heard there now is a Cell Phone Syndrome, for people who have their elbows bent all the time talking on their phones. Personally, I'd be more concerned about getting a brain tumor from frequent cell phone use. They do emit electromagnetic radiation which isn't totally shielded.

I hope you feel better soon & the PT helps.

Swedish leo
June 19th, 2018, 06:25 AM
HI

I am going to console myself with a trip to the quilt shop and get supply's for when I can resume my quilting.

My eldest daughter has requested a bag so I am looking for fabric, batting and zipper and Velcro and stuff so I will be ready to go as soon as I am well again.

She wants green fabric with possible one accent color. It has to be discreet and if possible horse related. And to my "sorrow" she just want minimal free motion quilting on the bag. Sniff...