PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning, it's Sunday

LauraP
June 17th, 2018, 08:59 AM
but the sun isn't shining very brightly at my house. Looks like it might be a cooler (high 80's instead of high 90's) overcast day.
Up way to early but we have a 3 1/2 hr drive into Arkansas for a niece's birthday.
I haven't been able to sew since I fell but I think by the middle of the week I should be back to normal. In the meantime my SIL handed me back DH's family tree stuff. While his mother was alive she wouldn't allow me to work on it. My SIL discovered putting the books together isn't as easy as her mother thought it would be.
It's time to get on the road. Hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

JCY
June 17th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning ~ Laura, Safe travels. I have lots of genealogy info. in my files (papers, as in filing cabinets). I haven't worked on anything for several years. I've worked on both sides of my family as well as DH's. It can be very time consuming, but also enjoyable. That hobby sort of got put on the back burner after I took up quilting.

I still didn't make it to the sewing room yest. Maybe today. This a.m. is church. Later I need to do a test run on the sprinkler system to make sure all the heads are spraying properly. I sometimes think these mower guys from the lawn service, esp. when they're new, are a wrecking crew. We've had numerous things damaged over the past 5 yrs. -- window well covers, sprinkler heads, our shed, etc. One new mower a couple yrs. ago hit the pedestal lamp at curbside & ripped the side open. I had to call the power co. to have it repaired, since our meter was on the side they ripped open. They're a hazard when they are learning to operate the large mowers.

No more time now. DH is waiting for his breakfast. Have a good day.

Our weather was changeable yest. High of 92 at noon, then cloudy & cooler in the afternoon. This week is supposed to be much cooler, in the 70's, which will be a welcome relief. We might get some rain moving our way from Hurricane Bud. SW Colo. certainly can use the moisture because of all the wildfires.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 17th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Good morning ladies,
Laura- I was lucky to have an aunt and cousin who produced my dad's genealogy, complete with pictures, going back to 1600s in France. My mom's cousin produced her side, complete with pictures going back to 1700 in France. I have both albums, but have not kept these up to date, but will add this to my list. I have a lot of cousins, both sides. My ex had done his dad's geneology, but didn't get far as his dad would not share info since his dad abandoned the family when he was a toddler. He did pursue, and found out a lot going back to Ireland, but the records were lost to fire there. I am certain, he has kept it up, as he loved graveyards. My DH needs to pull his together, but it's not a large family.

Katrina - I would be happy to bring you on road trip, shopping anytime. It's one of my past times.

Yesterday, I didn't sew. Michael had signed up for his first gliding lesson. So we drove to the airfield at lunchtime and joined a group of club members waiting to go up. There were six gliders, but only one was designated for lessons with instructors. He went up for first flight at 2:30 and second one around 5 pm. It was a beautiful hot, windy day. It was funny to see him get in the cockpit. Like stuffing a burrito, and strapped with 5 point harness. He was like a kid, and haven't seen him this happy in awhile. It didn't bother his back, so that's good. This might be an option to replace sailing. I am stiff and sore from sitting and waiting around. The flies and deer flies were annoying, but I would spray around and they would go away. At least they had a canopy set up for shade, or I would have looked like a lobster. It is too bad he hadn't signed up earlier, as they had a lobster boil that night, but all tickets were sold. Next year. They have a neat clubhouse, with bar, and in ground swimming pool. There is also a campground if you want to set up a trailer. Many people come for the weekend. We don't have one, and I never really like camping, but glamping, maybe.

Today we will go to his son's house to give DIL her birthday gift and father's gift. I will run errands and drop off my mom's laundry.

Have a good day everyone, and best wishes to all the dads in your family.

chelea
June 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM
It's gonna be a scorcher today...96 and sunny. DGD is here for the week and most of the kids are here today for Father's Day. We're just back from the farm stand and got our native strawberries. The season is very short and you've got to get 'em fast. I'll make strawberry shortcake for desert...my grandmother's recipe with bisquik biscuits and real whipped cream. The kids are cooking dinner. No idea of what it'll be but whatever it is, I don't have to cook it.
We went to the beach last eve for chowder and clam cakes. Yum. We're headed for a visit to 2 historic carousels today, built in the 1800's...we have a big to-do list while DGD is here, lol. Not much sewing is going to happen but I do want to introduce her to my Featherweight. She's just 6 but has been hand-sewing lately.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Bubby
June 17th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Morning Everyone...We had a long day working at the apartments yesterday. One of the pups got car sick on the way to and from. Since they change sides in their traveling crate it's hard to know which one it was.

Jeff is out mowing before it gets too hot. I have already made a batch of potato salad, slaw, dinner rolls and the crust for the dessert. Jeff wants ham steak on the grill (easy) and everything else is pretty much under control except for beans and the fresh veggies. We will eat early and snack off and on the rest of the day.

That's all I have for today. Wishing all of you a good Father's Day with your family and friends. Bless you....

KPH
June 17th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Just getting home from Church, shopping, picking up stuff out of the storage building. Now I don't have the energy to even look at it!

Several things we left at the Salvation Army, since they were supposed to be taken there before Christmas. I just don't get it, why would you go past the drop off and take the stuff to our storage locker? Oh well, it's there now. Mike will have to go through the three boxes we brought home today. Most of it's Howard's toys. I know Mike wants the 35 years of NAPA stuff, and it can go back in the building, but the rest of this stuff has got to go!

My DIL's mom wants to go to St. Augustine tomorrow, so I'm going to ride with her. I told her I needed to find a vase to replace the vase Jonathan broke. lol, Jim said to hunt for something made from brick. I was thinking wood or metal instead of pottery. It might be safer!

Jerrod called last night, he's on his way to Connecticut to start the trial protocol. They'll do basic health testing Monday. From those results, he'll get the final word on being a part of the test or not. I do hope he's deemed a participant and it works for him. I've been praying for him off and on all day, he's so nervous. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from him and praying that he'll feel calmer than he was feeling last night.

I hope all the daddies are having great Father's Days. I took Jim out to lunch again today. I hope he doesn't think it's going to be an everyday thing! lol

Monique
June 17th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Scorcher here today. I made macaroni salad and deviled eggs for later. We took a little drive and bought some sand baked beans from an old well known spot about an hour's away. Then hubby took me for a drive to Mont. Ste. Marie. It was my virgin voyage and I quite enjoyed the ride. Made our way back home and now I think it is nappie time. I was up way too early and I am really starting to hate the cpap machine. I feel like I am suffocating with it on. I didn't put it on until about 2 this morning. I really don't think I am going to keep it after the initial 2 weeks are up. I seem to be sleeping worse.

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
June 17th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Good Afternoon ~ Back again. Church this a.m. I came right home. Had a snack, then went out in the yard to test all 10 zones on the sprinkler system to observe for spray coverage & make sure there are no broken heads, etc. All seems to be ok. My neighbor was sitting out on his porch swing, so I ambled over & we chatted a while. He & his wife also are retired. They've been our neighbors all 40 yrs. we've lived here. They are one of the few original owners of their house when this neighborhood was developed in the early 1970's.

We are having a much needed break from the heat. Limited sun early a.m., but it's been cloudy all day with occas. sprinkles. The temp. hasn't gone above 73 deg. Still a chance of thunderstorms. I just heard a weather alert, but it was for eastern Colo. with 60 mph winds & quarter size hail with expected damage to roofs, cars, etc. What we don't need, for sure, is damaging hail. The weather patterns out on the Plains are different than here along the Front Range.

This is the 4th day I haven't made it to the sewing room. Maybe this evening after DH goes to bed.