PDA

View Full Version : How To Understand And Make Stars

Quilterjo
February 15th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I've seen a lot of different kind of star quilts and would like to know how to get started to make different kinds of stars.

rebeccas-sewing
February 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Go to quilter's cache (Quilt Blocks Galore) and search through their gallery of blocks. There's is the first website I go to when I'm looking for a specific quilt block. You can view alphabetically or see the blocks in the gallery. I only use the alphabetical when I know the name of the block I'm looking for. It's also a great site if you need a block of a particular size. I recently needed to find a 10" block to go with some other blocks I was making. I just looked on their site for 10" blocks and found something that was perfect for what I needed. Here's the link: http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

CrazyMtnLady
February 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I love that site. It is the best for finding ideas.

rebeccas-sewing
February 19th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Also - don't forget Jenny's tutorial for making stars with jelly roll strips.

Nena
February 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
that is such a neat site. I love to sit with a cup of coffee and look at all of them. You get some really great ideas from there.

Claire Hallman
February 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
The first quilting magazine I bought had lots of star patterns in it for a sampler quilt. I will try to find the magazine and post the name shortly

OK, It was McCall's "America Quilts for Christmas" from Autumn 2010. The information about getting back issues says to contact www.shopquiltersvillage.com

There are 14 star blocks instructions for a scrappy sampler plus lots of other cute ideas.