PDA

View Full Version : Friday hellos

Monique
June 15th, 2018, 07:57 AM

Good morning friends. It's a cloudy blue sky this morning, more blue than cloud. We have had enough rain for a few days.

I had a great day with Bonnie yesterday. Got to spend that gift certificate that was burning a hole in my pocket. We stopped for lunch along the way. I only spent $4 of my own money, not bad huh? Had the in-laws in for a BBQ supper and we all ate too much.

Today is a relaxing day. Nothing really on the agenda.

Phil might come home for a visit tomorrow. I haven't seen him since March.

Have a great day everyone.

shermur
June 15th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Morning, Monique! Sounds like you've been busy, sweetie! I miss Kansas City BBQ so bad! I special ordered some Kansas City Masterpiece BBQ sauce just a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't stand not having some in my refrigerator!

I will be glad when school is finally over; Halona has one more week of play practice and four performances and then we're done until September when she starts her senior year. And, we have to get her senior pics done soon! We just have to figure out where in Vermont to take them.

I just finished the fourth week of the NQC block challenge. I am getting very excited on how the rest will turn out. So far I am liking what I see pulling scraps out of my stash....

Gotta get going and take the teen to play practice this morning and she'll have another one this afternoon. I am hoping to get the wall hanging in the movie Baby Boom figured out. I have some Amy Ellis fat quarters that will be perfect for the replication!

Star lover
June 15th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Mornin Monique and all.....

Thanks Monique for the laugh! Sounds like you need to some quiet time.....you've sure been busy! So nothing on your agenda is a good thing. Sure hope Phil gets the chance to visit.

Suppose to be a scorcher of a weekend......sigh......so not looking forward to the humidity, but I guess it's to be expected. Summer is almost here and since we've had a yoyo winter.....and spring.....why not summer.......

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Love and hugs to all!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 15th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good morning Monique and all the ladies here today,
Why does it seem like this time of year is so busy, when all I really would like to do is kick back and relax under the pergola and sip a nice cold drink. Ahh well. To dream.

I'm up early to get ready and going on a road trip with my girlfriend Pat. We are headed towards my hometown and will look for backing for her 3 dudes quilt. Then it's all about shopping, not for fabric, but gift shoppes and clothing stores. Then we will drive east along the river and stop for Lancaster perch rolls (famous around there) and then head to a cluster of gift shops and outlets. More shopping and fun, and hopefully home by dinner time.

Yesterday, I ran errands and lost one of the magnetic quilt design off my bracelet. This is the 2nd one I have lost, but I did find the first one attached to my purse clasp. I also lost my TO-DO list and grocery list, somewhere between my mom's place and my daughter's house. I dropped over and we had a nice visit while the baby slept. Then came home and was so exhausted from the previous night's sleep, I just rested in the lazy boy. I am reading one of the book I picked up at Guild book sale. It's the history of Nova Scotia quilts. It has lots of pictures of women in the 1800-1900s at quilting parties (not referred to as bees there). Quite interesting. I will pass to my friend and neighbour, as her grandmother was famous for her quilts in NS and she may be in some of the pictures.

DH said he had an allergic reaction to something last night. Only culprit could be the strawberries he ate after I went to bed. Gotta run and shower. Pat will be here soon.

Have a good day.
p.s. Woohoo. The second M* order from early June has shipped. Maybe it will arrive here first, before the one that has had no further tracking since May 31. I have lost hope and faith for this one. It will mean a redesign of a quilt.

Rhonda K
June 15th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Good Morning!

Checking in to say hello too! My order placed last Thursday is on the scenic route for delivery. It's been in town twice and then took a side trip to JAX again. The updates keeps changing but hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow. I'm thankful that it wasn't a special order item needed ASAP.

I have the fabrics ready to do the flag wall hanging but will use the AC die instead of the tumbler template. It will be a little smaller than shown and that's ok.

Hope all is good in your stitching world. Rhonda K.

grammaterry
June 15th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Oh my goodness you all are doing such nice fun things this summer. Shermur the quilt is beautiful and from Stash!!
Yesterday DH and I painted the pool deck. An all day job out in the heat. DH fizzled out about 2 hours into the project but that's ok. It was really warm out there and the sun works on him. But when we finished, I stood back and looked and WOW! I feel like I'm living in a beautiful resort. We haven't painted the deck in more than a dozen years. It looks like a makeover out there. Of course it won't last...dirt will accumulate, but for now it is stark white around the beautiful blue water and the grass and flowers are all looking perfect (that won't last either, but ha ha...fun to dream)

KPH
June 15th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Good Morning All,

I've been busy catching up on tutorials this morning. I like both Jenny's and Donna Jordan's new tutorials this week. At this rate, I'll never finish all the quilts I'd like to make.

Yesterday, I just vegetated. I guess I needed it. Today, I'm ready to do something (other than laundry), so I need to get started. Mike works late again tonight.

We had storms blow through again. From the looks of the weather pattern, we'll have more tonight. I just say thank you for watering my lawn and enjoy the air conditioning not blowing down on me. That is one thing I've had to get used to down here. There are two vents in the great room and the way we have the room arranged, it feels like it's blowing down on my head. My sewing room is the same way. I have to use the ceiling fan because it gets warm in there before the air comes on, so when it comes on, the fan is forcing that cold air on my neck and shoulders. No matter how I arrange the room, it's going to be that way.

I'm thinking about doing the pillow cases for my bed today. I forgot that I need to get the contrasting fabric for the quatrefoil quilt before I start that and I wanted to see the prints in person before I picked those. I may wait on that until I pick up Mike's quilt. I need to get out my hexies and work on them. Its been a while since I've pulled them out and with the kids Grammy on vacation now, she's keeping them more. I'm thrilled for her to keep them as much as she wants during the summer months, as she'll go back to work in August and won't have the opportunity to do that.

Time to get started doing something! Maybe have another cup of coffee before I sort the laundry, lol.

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings including the rain.

Bubby
June 15th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone...I just got home from a quick trip to town for a few things for Father's Day dinner for Jeff. I will do the cooking and the Girls have a bag for him filled to the top with peanut M&Ms, his favorite candy.

It's already too hot for me to be outside, but I have to run the Girls out for a potty break. It's also time for Dottie to have her morning walk followed by her breakfast. Mornings aren't in slow motion around here anymore!

We had severe storms yesterday and twice we got warnings to take cover. I put the Little Girls in the bathtub and Dottie and I hunkered down in the corner. I never did hear or see a tornado. Better safe than sorry. Jeff was watching the weather on the big system at work and he called to give me updates throughout the afternoon. Molly and I rode out the tornado of 2009, where we lost 180 trees that were pulled out of the ground roots and all and tossed around like toothpicks. We were totally blessed that our house wasn't blown away and us with it.

We will be working at the apartments tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and Father's Day weekend.

JCY
June 15th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I didn't have time at 6 a.m. to post anything. DH's salads for the next 2 d. are made & the dishes are washed. I still have to take a bath & eat my breakfast. DH has a dental appt. at 10; he's anxious about seeing the new dentist. It will be his first get-acquainted visit + 6 mo. cleaning.

Yest. a.m. I made a run out to Walmart for my Rx & some groc. I wanted to beat the heat. It was a scorcher yest. -- 103 at our house. We're always higher than the official temp., which I think might have been 97. It might be 10 deg. cooler today. I adjusted the min. on the zones of the sprinkler system again for a longer run time for the areas that get the most sun & dry out the quickest. We have to pay by the gal. of usage, so it adds up fast in these summer mos. Last week I bought some bedding plants & flower baskets for the patio so that means daily hand watering. I do that in the eve. after the worst heat of the day but not at dusk when the mosquitos are active. I'm always concerned about West Nile Virus. I had it several yrs. ago. Got bit by a mosquito while hand watering at dusk.

I've been browsing the web for backing fabrics. I don't need any right now, but that backsidefabrics.com mentioned here recently interested me. For curiosity, I checked M*'s backing fabric. Well, you could spend a long time looking at their selections. I think I saw 239 pages! I browsed only 10.

Two evenings ago there were 4 rabbits in the back yard grazing on the lawn. That's the most I've seen at any one time together. They are around daily. We have a patch of clover in the front yard they like to nibble at. We have an alley behind our house; we see them out there a lot. They look so funny when they run, because their hind legs are longer & their back sides are higher than the front.

I've done no sewing for 2 days. Too many other things going on. Maybe this afternoon.

MissMay
June 15th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Enjoying another rain/humidity free morning, my knees feel so much better. DGS Ben and his Dad (DS#3) are on their way here from MA for a Father's Day visit, haven't heard from DS#2 and DIL, think have gone to New Orleans to visit their 2 grand kids. DIL would never fly anywhere but now that there are 2 grandkids she flys to visit them several times a year.

I used to do a Father's Day BBQ but it's too much for me now, thought DIL would do it now but she said she doesn't do BBQ's. DS#1 lost his wife a few years ago and his DD's live out of state so we'll be a small group this year. I'm going to throw a few pounds of Italian sausage, peppers and onions into the oven and cook up some corn and we'll have a Father's Day feast. DS#3 and DGS like to cook so they'll make a salad and something else. Have fresh strawberries and pound cake for dessert, mmm sounds good to me.