PDA

View Full Version : Good Thursday Morning

KPH
June 14th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I don't see a thread started, so Here goes.

Yesterday, I really tried not to bug Mike with 'shopping' and getting out. It's his only day off and he really needed to rest. So, he was up before 8. I didn't do it. Really! (He's never, ever up early).

He fixed the tail light on the Vibe and I took him out to breakfast. Last night was the session on John Newton. He had a really interesting life. I just might pick up a couple of the books that the pastor referenced last night.

The only trips I made into the sewing room yesterday were to drop off my M* order. It made it out of GA! lol, I have the fabric for two pillow cases for the extra pillows that I keep on the bed and the fabric for my Christmas Quatrefoil for the sofa. I'm excited to start on both of those, but those SS's that are waiting on my desk with labels need to be taken care of first.

Jonathan sat down on the little rocker yesterday afternoon and didn't pull it out from the wall. He caught the floor lamp and sent it crashing, unfortunately it hit my great grandmother's vase on the way down. Jim was so sorry, I told him not to worry about it as it was more his and Michael's loss than mine. It kind of took him back when I told him what I'd been offered for that vase. lol, he thought it's value was just sentimental since Aunt Peggy made the arrangement in it. Things happen, and while I felt like crying at the time, all that glass needed to be cleaned up more. Now I'll have to find something to put in that spot. It looks rather naked there.

Time for a cup of coffee, I hope you all have a great day. Oh I added pictures of the 'poppy corner' to Pantry Door post. One day that door will get painted, I may have to go get one of those special tools to mix the paint before it will happen though. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings and the rain we had last night!

Bubby
June 14th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good Morning....Kat, so sorry about the family vase. We have had similar losses and they are sad.

We took the little girls to see the vet yesterday. They got the rest of their shots, their nails were clipped and they were checked for parasites. They both gained 2.5 pounds in the past three weeks. Sugar is 8 pounds and Maggie is 10.5. In two days they will be 16 weeks old. They are just starting to lose their baby teeth and they try to chew on everything in sight. Everyone wants little Sugar because she's so petite and so full of personality.

It's going to be quite hot and muggy again today. This weather makes breathing so hard for Dottie.

My load of laundry is dry so I'm off to fold. Wishing everyone a blessed day.....

JCY
June 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Yest. I went to my quilting friend's house to share our quilts. I took 2 tote bags of finished quilts & tops to show. Since I last was at her house, her whole sewing area has been remodeled. She has a delightful sewing room with lovely built in cabinets (which her DH made) for her fabrics & storage. She's retired AF & was stationed in Okinawa for 2 yrs. & loves oriental fabrics. We had a good sharing time, then drove into town for lunch at A & W. I treated myself to a root beer float, but I should have skipped it. When I checked my post prandial blood sugar, it was the highest it's ever been! So I guess I won't do that again. I drank 2 c. of green tea (helps lower BS) & took an extra 1/2 pill of my Rx. It took a while for my BS to normalize. So, no more root beers floats.

Early a.m. yest. I e-m'd pics to our lawn service about the bashed in metal shed siding. There was a guy here at 8 a.m. who worked on the shed, got the metal pushed out so now the door functions. It's not pretty, but at least it's functional. That poor shed now has dings & dents on all 4 sides from mowers.

It was very hot yest. Our high was 98; it's supposed to be even hotter today. It didn't cool off that much last night. It still was 82 outside when I went to bed, but with the fans going I was able to sleep okay.

I'm still thinking about the upcoming Bonnie Hunter class (see separate thread). I'm leaning toward opting out. I'm not sure I have the patience to make 1.5" square blocks. It also will be a medical procedure day for DH, so he may not feel comfortable with my being gone all day.

Have a good day.

Monique
June 14th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Good morning. My internet is being poopy this morning. Katrina sorry for your loss. Barbara, the pups are growing fast. Kuddos to you and Jeff for giving them a good home.

My first night with the cpap machine wasn't bad at all. I managed to keep it on for 8.5 hours. Pretty impressive. Rolling over isn't so easy but I might get the hang of it. I have it on a trial basis for 2 weeks. We shall see.

BBQ tonight. Potatoe salad and burgers are all made up. Been spending the morning cleaning. Bonnie and I are doing a little road trip to the quilt store where I have a gift certificate.

Would you believe that I have nothing planned for tomorrow? I know right? Wedding on Saturday and Sunday may be another road trip to an antique shop with our friend Lynda.

Have a great day everyone. Gotta run.

MissMay
June 14th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Barb, Love hearing about the new pups, they're really growing. DH & I have to do some additional shopping today as DS#3 and son ( DGS Ben) will be here from MA tomorrow to visit a few days for Father's Day so I need more meat, veggies and snacks. So glad it isn't drizzling today, after 2 weeks of that every joint in my body is aching something fierce.

Hopefully I have enough stuff cleared away so I can spend more time making DGGS Drew his 1st quilt. Off to get some coffee to get me going. Wishing everyone a good day.

grammaterry
June 14th, 2018, 10:06 AM
I am up and around. Slept a little better last night. I think my town outing was helpful. Still no word on the money. DH thinks he just messing with us. Who knows?
I'm going to ask DH is we can start painting the pool deck today. Probably have to scrub it again. I'm ready for a party. GC's will be here for camp in two weeks from tomorrow. I'm getting excited. Hard to say how many since they seem to have lots of activities and one family won't allow theirs to miss church and there is no way I can load 10 of them in any vehicle we have to take them. I told her we could hold a service here and she said NO WAY! Somehow, I think God would like it but I will remain quiet.

Bubby
June 14th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Here are two recent pictures of our wonderful scottie, Dottie. Despite her declining health she is trying to help us with the pups. She kisses them through the openings of their crates, sleeps next to their crates when they nap and she gets out of bed at least twice every night to check on them in the living room. Dottie is my most beloved pet....there will never be another like her for me.

Thank you, Dottie, you are a true friend.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 14th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's overcast today and we are expecting a bit of rain. Last night's storm was wicked. Luckily the fast moving winds, downpour and lightning was over quicklyi. The trees and plants, house came out ok. The rain barrel will be full again. The cats were freaking out, so we had to calm them. With a metal roof and cathedral ceilings, even a normal rainfall sends them to safe hiding spots.

Yesterday, we found DH's dad original will and papers. What a relief. St.Anthony - thanks again. This left us enough time to drive to LQS to pick up our last 2 HQ rulers of the month and demo. I picked up some fat quarters for a small project using the Me & My Sister ruler and book. We then went to a local roadside diner where we often go to. I opted for the liver, bacon and onions. Their version is the best I have ever had. I was trying to figure out and I think they coat in a light layer of cornmeal. It's like candy. Their portions are very large, so I came with half for today's lunch. It was just what I was craving. Weird, I know.

I'll run errands today and pick up mom's laundry and rest as I was awake for about 3 hours last night. Doesn't happen often, but I know I will be tired. Tomorrow, I am going on a roadtrip with my girlfriend Pat and there will be shopping, and maybe one quilt store. I know I will be having the famous Lancaster perch roll, wherever we stop to eat. There's nothing like it.

Gotta run, love reading about the doggies.

Cathy F
June 14th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Here are two recent pictures of our wonderful scottie, Dottie. Despite her declining health she is trying to help us with the pups. She kisses them through the openings of their crates, sleeps next to their crates when they nap and she gets out of bed at least twice every night to check on them in the living room. Dottie is my most beloved pet....there will never be another like her for me.

Thank you, Dottie, you are a true friend.

Aaaah, so sweet! Love hearing how she interacts with the pups!

MaggieSue
June 14th, 2018, 10:49 AM
I so enjoy this thread daily. Do not have much to contribute. Although, my friend and I washed the outside windows using the Windex spray with a hose. Did all of the windows in 30 minutes including unwinding the 100 foot hose. First time using that product, would highly recommend it as climbing on a ladder for this chore is out of the question.
Barb love reading about the pups and Dottie.

Carolnnc
June 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Good morning.

Lunch with my friend yesterday was great. We went to a new Mexican restaurant & the food was fantastic. We then went across the parking lot to Hobby Lobby to walk off the food & alcohol. I was amazed at this store. I like decorating for Valentine's, Easter, spring, 4th of July, fall, Thanksgiving & Christmas so all the decorations they have for each holiday was enormous. They had a small section of quilt fabric but I think it was enough unless you were looking for something special. I managed to get out of there without buying a thing!

Today I have a class that lasts the whole afternoon. I am stopping by the pet store on the way to get a chewy for the dog. As the days go by he is getting more antsy & it's getting harder to keep him calm. The vet has him on medication to help by it's barely holding his frustration at bay.

DH has been on vacation since last Friday. He told me this morning he needed to sleep a whole day. I've been shoving all the dog duty on him the whole time & he's now seeing that the little he does when he comes home from work is a drop in the bucket to what I do each day (and he isn't even having to take the dog to the park for a good run each morning).

Well the bacon is done so it's time for our late breakfast.

Have a great day!

chelea
June 14th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Perfect weather today; low 80's, dry and sunny. I was outside early filling the bird baths. Its fun to watch the birds come for a drink and when they actually take a bath it's hysterical.
Hubs and I are very excited...our one and only grandkid is coming from VA on Saturday for a week-long visit. She's a precocious 6 year old, so we'll have our hands full. She and I love carousels so we're going to a historic one that my grandmother and I used to ride when I was a kid.
I've been working on a Secret Santa project and getting into the Blockheads blocks. This week's was Buckeye Beauty and it was easy. I love looking at all the different versions on Facebook.
Barb, Dottie has such a sweet face. We've got 2 older kitties who are battling medical issues but holding their own thank God. It's hard to watch our babies decline but I take comfort in knowing they've had wonderful lives.

Simply Quilting
June 14th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday the weather was so nice. But as for as the ag quilt, it was a bust. There just isn't the type of pictures available that we are wanting. What is sad is one of the few pictures (which was in a frame) was accidently left in the university van and the guy cleaning out the van threw it in the trash instead of taking it to the ag department. So we are looking at taking the quilt a different direction. Because of highly regulated and very protective copyright issues, the University has to approve everything that is done when it comes to the use of their name and logos. Several of the organizations that I was in dealt with the issue of very limited use of the name and logo while attending college. So today will be more talking and emails to see if the new idea that I have for a quilt will be allowed.

Maybe I will get a few moments to work on one of my projects with everything else going on today.

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone :)

Navy Wife
June 14th, 2018, 11:36 AM
I love the pictures of Dottie. Makes me miss my dear Whiskers. She died in the early 80's. It's hard to believe it has been that long. We chose not to get another dog. We had daughter's cat at the time, and a 15 year old son. That was enough pets! Soon after we bought our first RV and did not miss having to stop to take the dog out! The cat died before we traveled much. It was nice to be able to pack up and go whenever we wanted to. I decided to get another cat 8 years ago, and she traveled with us. She hated the riding, and spent much of her time behind the sofa! She was thankful when we sold the last RV. She likes to stay home, and won't venture out the door. She's not a lap cat, but she is a lot of company. At least I don't feel like I am talking to myself.

Summer has arrived in east TN. Hot. humid, and hazy. Sunday should be the worst at 94, then a slight cool down. I have lots to do in the house, and plenty of quilts to make. I have to get busy on Great grandchild #7's now. Top is made, and today is sandwich and quilt day. I am not a machine quilter, but I can do outlines and stitch in the ditch type. This baby is due anytime, so I need to get busy!

KPH
June 14th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Barb, your furbabies are so adorable. It makes me miss having a dog!